Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Hurt (D9, LM, Lyseil's)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:58 am

Lyseil felt exhausted as she dragged herself back to the barracks. She'd spent what reserves she had to help out with the victims of the Mandalorians' attack, and her wound ached still as she finally opened the door to her tiny room and flopped onto the bed right away.

"Uugh... ow... can I sleep a week?" she murmured, clearly talking to herself. As she ran a hand through her hair, it felt sticky with sweat and grime.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Re: Hurt (D9, LM, Lyseil's)

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:01 am

But Lyseil would not be permitted to sleep even five minutes.

A tapping, firm and just a bit insistent, came from her door. "Lyseil?" Niall's voice came from the other side. "Are you there?" Even through the door, she would be able to hear a bit of worry in his tone
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:08 am

Lyseil pushed herself up to sit and activated the panel that opened the door.

"Hey... sorry, just too tired to stand up and salute now, captain," she smiled, but it was weary and tired. And somewhat pained.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:15 am

Niall was dressed in his field clothing, cape included. The dark circles under his eyes showed that he hadn't slept yet either. There was some dried blood on his clothing, although he looked as though he'd at least had time to wash his face.

Of course, the dark circles may also have been concern. His lips were tight as he stepped forward, closing the door behind him. "Hey, yourself." He breathed a sigh of relief as she seemed to still have her humor. "I brought you into the hospital early this morning. I was called away for a mission. When I got back, you were gone; I gather you went along, too." He smiled, although his eyes were concerned. "This was the next place I looked. I'm glad I found you."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:32 am

"Oh!" she seemed to perk a little more, with a little bit of caution. "That... that was you?"

Lyseil blushed as the thought seemed to sink in a bit more. "Thank you... I mean... that doesn't really seem to cover it, you know?" she pushed some of her hair back, giving Niall an embarrassed smile before gesturing for him to sit.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:40 am

Niall somehow managed to sit down both carefully and heavily, a struggle between being careful not to disturb her, and his fatigue catching up with him.

"It's okay." He smiled at her. "I understand. I've been on the other side. I'm just glad you're okay." He shook his head. "But you were supposed to learn from my example. Didn't I tell you not to get shot?" His tone was light, but his grey eyes were still concerned; hesitantly, he moved just a little closer to her.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:51 am

The embarassement of her smile remained as he sat down, and gently Lyseil placed her hand over Niall's. "I'm sorry... I thought they hadn't spotted me, and... well, it all kind of happened so suddenly. I remember the fall more than the shot. Kinda."

Her calloused fingers curled slowly around his hand. "I didn't mean to worry you, Niall."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:03 am

Feeling Lyseil's fingers curl around his hand, Niall let out a breath. He squeezed her fingers, first as gently as could be, and then a little harder, reassuring himself that she was there.

Smiling, he shook his head. "Goodness, no. Don't apologize. It happens. It's a war." After a moment, he added "-but thank you." It was a little inconsistent, but that didn't matter.

He gave her a sympathetic smile. "Are you okay now? You... say you remember it? It took me a while to remember mine." His free hand came up; he touched his own scar, hidden beneath his tunic, with two fingers.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:10 am

"I'm fine. Tired, and it hurts, but fine enough to help those who have it worse than me," she said, while her smile became more relaxed and sincere as she spoke and less strained because of how she somehow felt guilty over what had happened. "Thank you."

Likewise, her grasp tightened too, reassuring him silently that she was indeed still here and alive.

"I remember... falling?" seeing Niall's movement, Lyseil instinctively touched her own wound underneath her collarbone. "It's all a bit of a haze, really. Maybe because I was so focused on what I was doing?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:08 am

Niall's eyebrows went up, impressed, as she spoke. He smiled as she mentioned her focus. "That does rather sound like you." He said, his tone warm. Gently, he squeezed her hand again. "So focused on helping others that you forgot to look after yourself."

His eyes flickered, watching the motion of her hand, concern flickering through them as he touched where he knew he'd been injured. "Do you need anything? Water, painkillers? Rest?" His lips curled up. "A little quiet company?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:13 am

She breathed a short chuckle. "That's the Alderaanian way, no?" her hand idly rubbed at the area near her patched-up wound.

"... Rest, I think, but... I would appriciate your company. You weren't hurt, were you?" Now it was her turn to look at him with some concern. He seemed mostly fine, apart from the weariness around his eyes.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:35 am

"Yes." Niall agreed, chuckling. "That's the Alderaanian way." It was funnier than it had a right to be, possibly because for the two of them, at least, it felt very good.

"Me? No." Niall shook his head, although he couldn't help but redden just a little at the concern he saw in her. Grimacing he glanced down at his clothing. "This was all yours, I believe. There seemed like such a lot of it..."

He shook his head. "I should have it cleaned soon." He smiled. "After all, I want to look my best tonight. I've heard something about some sort of gathering tonight in the rec center."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:44 am

"Ah, yes-yes, the jizz night. Z's brilliant plan that I've helped execute," she grinned a little, and gradually her posture became more relaxed as she leaned against Niall. "Which reminds me..."

Lyseil made a gesture to her datapad nearby, indicating for Niall to grab it since it was within his arm's reach. "It's not much, but did some more digging into the Cipher after talking with Jedi Tethys Carrack. Oh, and... Z told me to check through things like transport vehicles and such used by the you-know-who. Found something of interest there."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:09 am

They'd been up all night, been on two different missions, and they had both been at least moderately covered in Lyseil's blood. But Niall still sighed pleasantly as Lyseil leaned against him. He shifted a little, letting her find the best position to use him as a pillow.

"Hmmm? Oh." Wincing, he stretched out his fortunately long arm for the datapad. He handed it to her, shifting again so he could easily look over her shoulder. "Did you? I see. Please, go ahead."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:38 am

"Thank you," she murmured gratefully as he handed her the datapad, and she tapped through a few things there to get to her notes. Seemed like she was hiding it among nonsensical private files where people might not think to look if they were to go through her datapad. There were a couple of pictures that she swiped by pretty fast until she brought up the notes - which were hidden in a big text file on the first Jawa settlers on Tatooine.

"Uh... let's see," Lyseil spoke a little hurriedly. In truth, she hoped Niall hadn't seen some of those pictures she had snapped in all secrecy! "Ah, right. The Heraldian Cipher. I already covered that there were other similar tablets, right? So they were part of a collection, and at some point were repurposed by other civilizations. According to the Jedi archives, it seems like their original intent, according to one research journal, were to archive a conflict between the Rakata and a Machine Intelligence civilization. The text seemed to infer that this conflict may have precipitated the fall of the Rakatan Empire. It did not receive widespread acceptance in most circles and has been relegated to fringe theory."

"What we know about this Machine Intelligence civilization is that it must've been somewhere in Wild Space. Now Jedi Carrack said that a Padawan Zyn had talked about some AI she believed dates from that period. It was supposedly re-activated recently and now calls itself HYDRA. According to what Jedi Carrack said, the padawan said it is quite hostile to Jedi. The Council knows of this situation, or at least, so she said. Oh, and it's from somewhere called Iokath? I've never heard of it, and the Jedi archives had nothing on it either... but the librarian Jedi Carrack and I spoke to said she'd research it some more and get back to us on it!" Lyseil managed to get some more energy to her spirit as she spoke on the subject, as it clearly fascinated her.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:45 am

Niall blinked, doing his best to follow as Lyseil swiped through to different sections of her datapad. His eyes briefly narrowed as he thought he spotted an image of... before he could fully process just what he'd seen, Lyseil brushed past, and onto the topics at hand.

He listened, interested, as she explained her findings. "I see..." He murmured. His fingers drummed, perhaps fortunately, on his own knee. He paused a moment, glancing at Lyseil with a smile; was it strange to find intellectual enthusiasm so appealing? He hoped not.

"I suppose the big question, then, is what would a criminal want with one of these tablets?" He frowned thoughtfully. "Do we know anything else about this... HYDRA? Could that be behind the theft?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:57 am

"Could be. It's my hunch, but we got nothing to go on. Maybe talk more with this Padawan Baesal Zyn?" Lyseil shrugged, but it did seem like there was a strong connection there. "I'll wait a bit to hear what the archives might have, maybe."

She gently bit down on her lower lip as she swiped to the next part. "And then there's the matter of the other investigation. Z asked me if I could look into requisitions and the like, since it's something I can easily look up as part of my duties here... requisitions I gave up on since there's like a daily log for everything - would've taken me forever to skim through that to see if anything was out of the ordinary there, but I checked for vehicles! Got speeders and transports for herself and those in her command, so the easiest step from there was to check the nav-systems: see where they've been, track where they might go, that kind of stuff."

Now was the stickier bits. "I checked through the speeders yesterday, and I did find an irregularity in the Nav data. It's against regulation to tamper with or clean data from the nav-systems, so I poked around a bit on it, trying to see what I could restore of it since I think it was done on purpose! Well... I think I got some unwanted attention since two security guards were kicking up a fuss about me checking it out, so I wasn't able to get everything done without causing a scene... so... uhm, I don't have anything solid, apart from a copy here showing the irregularity in the data, so it's proof that someone tampered with it."

Lyseil ran a hand through her hair. "So... it's enough to launch a third party investigaton, at minimum."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:13 am

"I know her." Niall gave her a look. "Has she not contacted you? I suggested she should, about a vision she had about a group called the Star Cabal." He grimaced. "Being a Captain doesn't carry much weight with Jedi, alas."

"Hmmm..." He straightened a little, shifting against Lyseil, as he studied the new data. "I see... that's good. Very interesting." He chewed his lip a moment. "It doesn't lead directly to the crimes we're investigating, but it's a gateway to them. Well done, sergeant." He said, smiling. The praise was regulation, if the little squeeze he gave her side was not. "I think we may have enough to construct something solid. I'll see about requesting additional manpower on this tonight. If any can be spared."

The smile turned into a frown. "Those two guards... do you think they were being security conscious, or do you think they didn't want you to learn anything?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:19 am

Lyseil managed a soft giggle at the little squeeze and praise. "Thank you, sir. Always a pleasure to be of assistance." Of course, that was all well and proper, but the way she leaned against him in response was not.

"Mm, no, no jedi has contacted me. I don't know what a Star Cabal is though...?" she gave Niall a slightly questioning look. "As for the guards... my stomach feeling says they didn't want me to learn anything, since when I tried to just explain what I was doing away as checking that everything was still being maintained according to regulation, they were rather insistent that everything was normal and that they had regular maintance on them to keep them ready to go at a moment's notice."

Her brow knitted together in concern. "I did right in not pushing the issue too much, right?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:46 am

"Nor do I." Niall broke off briefly, murmuring pleasantly as Lyseil leaned back against him. "All she could tell me is that they're a group that is opposed to both Jedi and Sith. I thought you might be able to help her research the topic." His lips quirked. "In my experience, Jedi are very bad at asking for help, or even accepting it."

His lips thinned and she spoke. "Yes. That sounds rather suggestive, doesn't it." He let out a sigh. "I think perhaps we'd best move on her soon. I think our quarry knows a bit too much about our investigations. I don't want her covering her tracks, or too afraid to make a move..." He sighed again. "I just need a little bit more."

"And yes, you certainly did right. People have died over this. We all need to be careful." Gently, he folded his other arm around her, too.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:00 am

"Mm," Lyseil nodded gently, understanding that Niall probably needed more before accusing someone of being a traitor to the Republic and being responsible for murder and theft. But can we afford to be that careful? "I'm sure it will be sorted out soon. Don't worry." As always, she offered encouragement and optimism.

Feeling Niall place his arm around her, she couldn't quite resist doing the same... so the datapad was put aside for now as she put her arms around him too for a hug. "Don't worry. I can handle myself... well, mostly. As long as they're not snipers from reeeaally far away. I've even had some pretty good upgrades on my gun just in case!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Niall let his chin rest gently on her head. "I know." He said, chuckling at the dark humor. "And I've had trouble with the same sort. That's where I got my scar, after all. I won't worry overmuch." His lips quirked. "I hope you will permit me to worry just a little."

"Oh?" He lifted his head, first to peer down at her, and then around for her blaster. "That's good. It's important to keep your gear in top condition. As well as yourself." Niall sighed. "Fighting a war really is a lot of effort. I rather wish we could just convince the Mandalorians that their time is better spent in other pursuits. Alas, I've met enough to know better than that."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:57 pm

"I'll allow it," Lyseil grinned.

Her belt with the gun-holster had been taken off, and was draped over the back of the nearby chair. From what could be seen, the grip on the gun had been changed, seemingly more customized to perfectly fit Lyseil's grip. "Mm, there's this Duros, Hacha Tsuko. He's the mechanic on the Turtle, and has assisted me with a few things - he did the upgrades on the gun. It seemed to be a challenge he relished, since it's supposedly a gun that's difficult to modify because of a lot of delicate details."

Feeling some of the painkillers she had taken earlier start to kick in, Lyseil relaxed more in Niall's arms. The scent of sweat, blood, grime, and dust didn't bother her too much, because she found his scent underneath it too. And she probably had very similar smells herself now.

"I wish that too. But... I don't know, I guess what they did to Garig just shows that there is no reasoning with this particular group. It's... horrifying."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Again, Niall chuckled. "Good." He murmured, tightening his arms around her for just a moment.

"Hacha Tsuko? I'm familiar with the Turtle. But not that particular crew member." He felt a brief pang for the lost Nai'tiri. "They're... an interesting sort. I see a lot of good in them. Zane has a rather different opinion."

Feeling Lyseil relax in his arms, Niall let his chin rest on her head, gently breathing in the pleasantly familiar scent of her hair. Her presence eased him, just as he hoped he eased her. He was solid and warm behind her, and his mild earthiness was detectable beneath the grime.

"Yes." Niall whispered, his eyes closing. He was silent for a moment. "For some, there is no notion of non-combatants. Either someone is a warrior, or they are too weak, and are at the mercy of the strong." He sighed. "As someone who joined the service to protect others... I can scarcely fathom what was done. We have to stop them."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:22 pm

"I don't think they're too bad. The pilot is a bit of an odd one, but the senator did help in persuading Vando Nee to stop making people into suicide bombers. His assistance was very useful there." She murmured, now wondering if Vando Nee, PT-6D and the other Resistance members were alive after the attack on Garig. Wasn't that where they had sent help and resources not long ago...?

"It's just... I can't believe people can do such things. To... children, elderly, people who want nothing to do with this war. It will take years before they can recover, especially if no one helps them." Even if her body was relaxed, there was a strong determination in her voice. We have to help them. Alderaan has to help Bankor. Her hands clenching together tightened some of the fabric of Niall's uniform.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Next
Forum Statistics