Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Re: Hurt (D9, LM, Lyseil's)

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Niall could feel Lyseil's hands clenching, gently pulling at the fabric of his uniform. He responded to it, his arms tightening around her once more, as he buried his nose in her hair. "I can't believe it either." He murmured, his voice muffled. "I was there; we both were, I suppose. I couldn't believe it. I... did not perform my best, I'm afraid. I just couldn't quite face the enormity of what happened."

His chin tilted back up, to rest on her head. "But we'll help them. Clearing out the Mandalorians is only the first step. After that, we'll help them rebuild. No one stands alone in the Republic." He sighed. "I hope that's already been planned for. What we saw today may not have been. There was so much destruction..."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 pm

"I don't know... what if all that happens is just some pretty words and tokens of good will from the others?" she felt frustrated now. Sure, Alderaan was a rich world and contributed greatly in other ways to the Republic, but they had used a lot of resources to recover from the attack of the Sith when she and Niall had been children... Alderaan alone couldn't bear the burden of helping Bankor recover after this catastrophe.

"We need to do more than just clear out the Kryze, Niall." Lyseil sniffled. "Alderaan can do more. We can all do more. Like... also making sure this doesn't happen again. Making it so that the Mandalorians don't have to be pitted against us again and again." Leaning slightly away, she was able to look at Niall with a very determined expression, even if her eyes were looking a bit watery. "Just winning here isn't enough."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Niall sighed. "I hope that won't be the case. I'll throw what weight I have behind doing more. As a Captain and as an Organa. And if there's one thing that the Republic army doesn't lack, it's people willing to do the right thing. The will is there. We just need the means."

As she leaned back, Niall tilted his head, regarding her. The determination in her expression, the sheer strength of feeling in her eyes, caused his own to widen. "You're right." He agreed, his voice growing more firm. "We have to keep going. To do more."

Slowly, he smiled, his own eyes seeming to shine as they met hers.. "Thank you, Lyseil. For reminding me why I joined the service in the first place. I didn't want to fight, to kill. I wanted to secure the future. To make sure the next generation doesn't have to go through what he did." He took a deep breath.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:00 pm

She sniffled again as she didn't want to cry over sheer frustration and anger over what the Kryze had done to Garig and the people there. "... Niall... thank you," she murmured, managing a smile. He was right. It was why she was here too - she could've put up a protest when the request had come, the buck could've easily been passed to another Panteer. But, she had decided to come here. To help.

"Organa and Panteer both, right? I'm not someone big like 'Captain Alderaan', but together, we can accomplish more, right?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Niall's smile was warm as he met hers. "Organa and Panteer together. What can't we do together?" His lips quirked. "Well, except make a scene in public. That would be entirely beneath us, wouldn't it?" Once again, he emphasized the upper-class Alderaanian accent that was always at least somewhat present in his speech.

"But hey." Niall began, looking into her eyes. One hand came up; after a moment of hesitation, he let it brush across her cheek. The trials of the past day had left his fingers a little rougher than usual, but his touch was gentle. "I promised that I wouldn't ever underestimate you. Don't you underestimate you either. I may be Captain Alderaan, but you're Sergeant Lyseil Panteer, soon to be Doctor Panteer, remember?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:35 pm

"Right," she smiled, though she still seemed on the verge of crying. "Sorry... it's just... a lot to think about." Putting her hand over Niall's, he could feel her thumb gently rub against the back of his hand. If it was her first time being shot and close to dying, and then seeing the wake of the destruction of Garig, it was probably a lot of stress building up on her now. Stress that the Alderaan Select Academy for Young Ladies' didn't exactly teach people to handle.

"... Maybe I just need to think of something else right now. And not what I can and can't do. Right?" Lyseil took a deep breath, and slowly released it to calm herself. "That's how you get through this kind of stuff, isn't it?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 pm

Niall was silent, considering. His expression was thoughtful, although he smiled as he felt her thumb brush the back of his hand. He let his finger stroke her cheek, tracing the line of her jaw.

Finally, he spoke. "I suspect everyone has their own way of dealing with it. For myself... I think of everyone that's counting on me. My friends, my family, those under my command, the people of my district. Alderaan. The Republic." His lips quirked. "In small-scale, anyway. I don't have quite that much hubris, thank you."

He leaned forward just a little, still smiling. "If thinking of something else helps you, well then, by all means." With his hand on her cheek, he guided his lips to her cheek, perhaps just brushing the corner of her lips. He lingered a moment before drawing back, his grey eyes glinting at her. "Think of something else."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:45 pm

At first she was listening to what helped Niall get through this kind of stuff. He had been in a warzone before, and he knew better, right? She could think of her family back home, of Alderaan, of the parts she loved about home and the places she had visited in the galaxy.

... Then her mind kind of went blank and she certainly wasn't thinking about the other stuff anymore. Her eyes widened in surprise, shortly followed by a blush spreading on her face. "... Consider me thinking of something else, sir," she mumbled, before leaning forward to return the favor - though she did aim for Niall's lips, and her aim was sure! The softness of her lips found his, but still she did not give in fully to the kiss... even if she did greatly enjoy this tender moment.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:40 am

Part of Niall held back; while the nature of his relationship with Aly was not entirely clear, he knew that there were lines he could not cross. And it wasn't entirely clear what sort of relationship he had with Lyseil, or how far it could, or would, progress.

But what part of him he could give, he did. Niall's lips closed as their lips met. He did not press, nor did she, Niall simply allowing himself to enjoy the little intimacy, the softness of her lips, matching his own. The tenderness of the shared gesture.

He parted slowly, leaning back, smiling gently as he did so. "Good." He murmured, sighing softly. "You are a delight, Lyseil. I'm very glad that you're here."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:54 am

"Thank you..." she murmured as well, a smile coming to her features easily. "I'm glad to have you here. Helping to ground me down when I don't know what to do."

Not daring to push for another kiss, Lyseil instead pulled herself closer to Niall for another hug. "You're a good friend, Niall. Thank you." Ok, she did dare another kiss, but it was just a little one on his neck before she rested her chin on his shoulder!

"You promise to dance with me later tonight? It will be just like old times, hm?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:21 am

The hug turned into a kiss on the neck. Niall laughed softly, tilting his chin up. He put his arms back around her with a pleasant sigh, his shoulders rising and falling. And, since she dared, he dared to turn his head, kissing the side of hers.

"I do promise you a dance. Of course." Niall murmured. He leaned back as best he could, craning his neck to try to meet her gaze. "But are you sure you want it to be just like old times? I worry about your toes. I weigh more than I used to, you know." He grinned. Indeed, even recently, he seemed to have put on a bit more muscle mass, although he was still fairly lean.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:28 am

"Well, I can stand to not have that particular part this time around," she managed to say with a gentle laugh in her tone. "I only have one pair of really nice shoes with me and I'd rather not have them ruined."

Lyseil gave Niall's hair a playful tussle. "Otherwise, I will have to tell my brother about how brutish the Organa can be and have him defend my honor!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:42 am

A day of battle and other missions had left Niall's hair, short and normally neat, fairly easy to muss. He laughed softly, one hand coming up to smooth out her handiwork. "Well then. On my honor as an Organa. I'll give you a dance, and your toes will be safe. As well as your shoes."

His hand on her back gave her a little pinch, gentle but playful. "Which I'm looking forward to seeing, by the way. As well as the dress that I'm sure you have to match them, if I remember anything about a graduate of the Select Academy."

The corners of his lips twitched, just a little. "Zane also said that you picked out a swimsuit." He said, his tone mostly neutral, with just a hint of play.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:51 am

"It will be green, I can tell you that much," she chuckled, and barely held back a yelp as he pinched her. It probably made sense that a Panteer would favour green, as it was part of the colors of their house-banner. And from what Niall could remember of when they were younger, she'd not been the type to wear pink or other girly colors.

At the mention of the swimsuit, Lyseil's face flushed again with red. "Ah... yeah. Or rather, he did pick it out for me. Not sure when we're going to be taking pictures for that calendar though. I've not really been thinking too much about it."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:02 am

"Hmmm." Niall murmured, a smile continuing to play about his lips. "I, on the other hand, have been thinking about it from time to time. And you've seen me in a swimsuit..."

But he knew better to push teasing of that sort too far; Lyseil was a lady, after all. Although now he was thinking of her in a swimsuit... Zane had said it was a two-piece... Niall cleared his throat, reddening a little himself. "But the dance! Green dress. I am rather looking forward to that." His lips quirked. "It's a shame you've already seen me in my best clothes. I'd like to surprise you again."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:16 am

That really made her think of the pictures she had sneakily taken of Niall in the tight swimwear.

"Your best clothes?" she blinked, before it clicked together. "Oh, the cape! Hah, that can't be your best? Surely, you have even more fancy outfits back home, right?" Lyseil laughed into Niall's shoulder.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:33 am

Niall blinked, his lips briefly parting, then closing again. "I'm... not sure I do, actually." He said, one hand idly coming up to brush through her hair as she laughed into him. "I think that may be my fanciest. I mean... it is a very nice cape, isn't it?" Niall shifted, suddenly self-conscious. "I do have other capes, and things to go with it. Full and half, high-collar and low-collar... what do you think is best?"

Helplessly, he spread his hands; behind her back, Lyseil wouldn't see the gesture, but she could probably infer it from the way he moved. "I've mostly been in one sort of uniform or another since I was twelve. I haven't really had the opportunity to build up a good wardrobe. Although I've done my best to make sure my uniforms look good, at least..." Again, he shifted.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:49 am

Oh... no, she suddenly felt very guilty for making it sound like she didn't like the cape.

"It is a very nice cape! Really-really!" Lyseil said with great insistance as she gave Niall a very serious look, "and it looks very good on you!"

The serious look faded into a genuine smile. "I was just... nevermind. I guess I've gotten kind of used to the idea that most like us just have these fancy wardrobes back home with a great selection of clothes to wear. My dress isn't even my fanciest, but... what can I say, I always pack at least one nice looking dress just in case, as my teachers said a lady should. It would be kind of awkward to show up in a formal gown, no?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:14 am

"Oh..." Niall did his best to breathe a covert sigh of relief. It was probably only somewhat successful. The smile that came afterwards was certainly genuine, though. "Good. I hoped you did."

"Indeed. One should match one's clothing to the occasion." His lips quirked. "The advantage to being in the military is that you can always wear a uniform to anything. It's always considered to be an appropriate representation of my station." The lips quirked a little more. "Of course, the fact that I have uniforms of three different formality levels does mean that I still have to make a choice."

He leaned back just a little, his lips pursing. "This is serving as a rather strange sort of reminder just how little time I've spent back home lately. I've been there perhaps five times since I was sixteen." He chewed thoughtfully on his lip.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:21 am

"Hmm... maybe we should both go home, after this?" she said, while discreetly eyeing him chewing on his lip. So cute! "I haven't been home in two years, so it would be nice to see the familiar sights of home again."

"You'll have to come and visit my family's estates, after all," Lyseil gave a knowing smile. "Besides, I'm thinking Z should get an invitation too? He seems like he could use a vacation of sorts."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:35 am

Catching the sidelong glance made Niall smile and redden, just a little. He found that he rather liked the way she looked at him.

"That sounds lovely. I do want to see it again." He smiled. "And I haven't often seen the Panteer estates. I think I might very much enjoy the chance, yes." The smile grew, just a little.

The smile grew somewhat more reserved, then. "I would invite Z. I'm not sure he would accept it. He seems to be the sort to always be moving." Slowly, Niall nodded. "But I would ask. He could use a vacation. And he is a good friend." Although really, did he need to flirt with every woman Niall knew? His lips quirked just a little at the thought.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:40 am

Lyseil giggled innocently. "I can tell he is a good friend to you. I think he's growing on me too," she snickered. "Maybe he'll accept the invitation if it's a pretty girl who asks him instead? Who knows."

She patted him reassuringly on the shoulder. Even if she was growing more fond of Z, the Panteer princess wasn't the type to play around like that. "He's done a lot for you, and for the Republic Forces, so he has earned some recognition and reward, right?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:16 am

"Errr... probably." Niall's smile grew a just a hint uncertain. The pat on the shoulder relieved some of the very deeply buried worry, though.

"He has." Niall said. "Even before all this. I don't know if you've read anything about Project Evolution, but it was a terrible project. He was instrumental in shutting that down. Mostly turned down recognition for it; perhaps he keeps the medal in a drawer somewhere on his ship. And..." He pursed his lips. "He was in the service, many years ago. But he's private about that, and I haven't pried too much." He shrugged. "Perhaps some day he'll talk about it. I don't know."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:19 am

"Hmm... I've heard of that. I mean, Project Evolution. Not much though, only what was in the news. Really terrible thing," she shook her head, but then things clicked together and Lyseil snapped her fingers in a moment of eureka! "Aha! Now I know why he said you had promised him a princess to kiss for a medal-ceremony!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:33 am

"Ah... yes, that was the one." Niall cleared his throat. "And yes, that was the medal ceremony in question." One eyebrow went up. "He mentioned that to you, did he?"

He shook his head. "Truthfully, I don't even remember saying that. I remember him asking me some things during the debriefing; I was pretty tired then." He looked at Lyseil, his lips quirking. "I think I mentioned that his humor causes a lot of problems? It's mostly for me."
Niall Organa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics