The Bankor Resistance Base in the Black Sands region

Re: [Day 4 - Late Morning] Ghost Town

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 am

Hearing the bad news, Garth meanders back to the others just in time to hear Vando speak.

"Then ye must have some intel on the Mando forces then, anything we may find helpful?"
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 am

“We were going to hit a munitions depot, had a loyal crew, so we went with explosives. Dangerous but effective in the past, if a little costly,” he said looking at the map.

“Chances are we were fed bad Intel, or had a womp rat in the outfit. Shame too, we had thirteen that last I saw were still breathing.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:38 am

Just an outfit... of course they wouldn't have kids out here. Chase could barely start to wonder what she was even thinking.

"That's a damn shame, anything you and yours had by ways of a plan to contact each other in case you got separated?"
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:41 am

“Well this was the plan, fall back to here…” he said honestly. “Our resources were limited… didn’t have the fancy toys of the Republic.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:47 am

"That's a good way to get separated... back in the day, if I ever got separated from," she shook her head, waved her hand, "anyway, what we would do is have meeting spots like you've got here and set up a signal that we could tell the others where else we might be if staying in the first spot was too dangerous. At least so that we knew the others were alive."

"You should uh.. I guess work something like that out when we find your people," she said, a half smile that was meant to be a slight bit reassuring.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 am

"The scanners on our fighters won't pick up life signs unless we're pretty much right on top of them will they..." Garth mutters to himself as he tries to formulate a solution.
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 am

“Worst comes to worst they moved forward with the plan and if so… well… then it won’t matter much,” he said grimly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:58 am

"No, hold up, what are you saying?" Chase said as she came forward, the motion of it kicking the smaller crate away that she was using as a footrest.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:59 am

Chase's reaction snapped Garth's attention out of his deep thinking (or at least what constituted such for him).

"Huh, whaazzat Tenant?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:02 am

“Delivering our explosives is pretty primitive but effective. The Mandalorians never see it coming, it’s how we have stayed in the game this long. I didn’t like it at first but damn if it hasn’t kept them off guard,” he said honestly looking at the map.
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:05 am

Chase rushed forward, grabbing him by the collar roughly and spinning him about so that she could press her forearm into his chest and hold him against the table now behind him, "Look at me you bastard and you tell me you don't do what we both know you mean by that. Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't sacrifice your own people like that." Chase was close, her breath held in her throat and the flaring nostrils and flaming temper was only the first indication.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:08 am

“Would you rather we do nothing? They volunteer. They know the score,” he said looking at her.

“You just got here; we have been fighting this war for months now. Victory at any cost sounds better than rolling over.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:12 am

Garth dashes up behind Chase and grabs her shoulders, trying to pull her off the resistance fighter.

"Tenant, not like this. Take him back to base, let him tell his story to the upper ups, they'll decide what to do."

D4 LM Brawn/Brawl v Chase: 3eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImage

Looking past her to the dark skinned man, Garth speaks calmly.

"Well now ye got other options..."
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 am

"Don't you try to rationalize what you've done here, you gave up," Chase's words were heated, the venom they held colored words like magma. "You gave up on your people, on the person next to you, all because you decided that you were doing what's right. You're no better than -" Garth came up to her from behind and tried to grab her shoulders but the woman spun free and in the hustle and motion where she couldn't throw words as easily she went to throw her fist but only found purchase with her elbow against Garth's chest and knocking him off a step.

Spinning about she leveled a finger off against Garth, "Keep your hands off me," she spun quick and leveled her gaze back on the resistance fighter. No signs of moving forward again.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:21 am

Jax calmly walked over and put a firm hand on chases shoulder "LT you got people you answer to don't make a mistake like this come on."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:23 am

Vando adjusted his coat and said, “I am not proud of what we had to do, but if we had to do it again, I damn well would. The Mandalorians are ruthless and we can’t wait for someone to save us. I appreciate you being here now, but we had to what we had to do.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:27 am

Chase rolled her shoulder to brush Jax's hand off, simmering with anger, "Prove to me you're not as far gone as I think you are. Tell me where your mission was, if your people are gonna try it still... maybe I can get there before they make the last mistake of their lives. Save whatever's left of your heart."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:29 am

He brought up the map and with a few hand strokes moved to the city and brought up the coordinates. He looked at her to see what she would do next.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:30 am

JAx leveled an icy stare at the man "and were you going to be one of the ones with a bomb strapped to your chest? What of the people that get left behind? What of the people there? do ensure all of the areas you bomb are completely free of your own people? what good is all this if no one is left to enjoy it." images flashed through his head and it took all his control to not deck this guy right here "bombings like that are cowardice of the highest order. I was almost killed by a bombing like that from the mandos." he narrowed his eyes "Tell me who resorted to it first you or them?"
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:34 am

Vando replied dryly, “Does it matter? They are the invaders. We didn’t ask for this, no one did.”

“Maybe you should take out your anger on the mandos.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 am

Chase just pointed at the map quick, "That's where they're going? Right there?"

"Don't tell me you were going to set it off in the middle of a damned city?!" Chase's feet started turning as she waited for the inevitable, her body preparing for what she'd already decided moments ago.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:37 am

Jax looked at the man like he might go at him for a moment before he snapped to the map and then to chase "We could at least go check it out see if we can make it there in time." he turned his eyes back to Vando "this discussion isn't over, you're done using these tactics. hear me?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:38 am

Garth took the opportunity to squeeze between Chase and Vando, it was a tight fit but necessary to ensure the survival of the local man from Chase's burgeoning rage.

"An' if you fight like them, then you become like them and there's nothing left of the heart of yer people worth saving." He lectured Vando, not sure how convincing it would be.
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:52 am

OOC: If you wish to intercept the suicide bombers make a thread in the City, in the Early Afternoon. If unable a leadership check can be made for the Republic to deploy a squad to do it, this will cost 1 Power but increase Trust by .2 if this option is taken.
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:00 am

Garth doesn't need to be told twice, he knows where this will end up and dashes to his Spitfire.

"Fire up th' engines li'l buddy. We're off to visit th' big city."
Garth Wayne

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics