A good place to watch... well the screeching bright white of hyperspace... so the observation windows are shut for now and display a mock deep space view.

[D0 EN] Cultural Exchange

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 9:54 am

Sabine stood at the observation deck, clad in simple fatigues, armed only with her Mandalorian blade. She glanced around, looking for her supposed contact from the Crusader's Schism. There was a group of Mandalorians visible, though she did not see her intended target yet. Deciding on a straight approach, she moved closer, then snapped into salute. "Republic Sergeant Sabine Kryze. I am here to talk to Kyr'ad Kelborn."
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D0 EN] Cultural Exchange

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 10:00 am

"Good to know I'm not too recognizable," an old man announced with a hearty laugh. He dismissed his compatriots and switched over to speaking fully in Mando'a. "Su cuy'gar! Verd of the Galactic Republic, then? Are you one of Vera's followers then?"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 am

The barrage of Mando'a struck her like a fist, she took a moment to adjust. She replied in the same tongue, though it didn't roll off her tongue the same way. "Su cuy'gar." She shook her head. "Republic military. Daughter of Rex Kryze." She offered. "I have been asked to Liaison with the Schism."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 10:07 am

Kyr'ad perked a brow as he listened to her speak. He spoke nothing of her lack of aptitude for the language though he made no effort to change back to Basic. "So my ears have not failed me in my age. A member of Clan Kryze on the side of the Republic. And you didn't even join that initiative. How long have you been a soldier under them, burc'ya? Long enough to be trusted with such a delicate task of Liaison?"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 10:10 am

Sabine felt slightly uncomfortable with the line of questioning, but didn't allow it for show. "4 years going on." She shrugged. "They don't have many Mandalorians to throw at the topic. I served well, and believe in the work they do."

She glanced around at the other soldiers. "Yeah... clan Kryze here." She took a breath. "Do you know much about them?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 am

"A distinguished soldier, then. You must have fought against the Sith Empire as our ancestors had promised before." The old man nodded with a warm smile. "I can see it, burc'ya."

He followed her eyes and then looked back to her. "Surely you are aware of who is invading the planet."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 am

Sabine smiled back, some warmth seeping in, before she returned to being a full time soldier. "That I know of. My late father spoke much about Varo, but mostly that was useless drivel." She sighed, the Mando'a language slowly slipping back to her. "I never spent much time around other Mandalorians, so apologies for any offense I may give."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 10:25 am

"Perhaps your father's stories will give us all insight on Varo Kryze. Do not discount knowing your enemy." Kyr'ad patted his own blade and smiled. "You have the sword, at least. But I wonder: do you have the armor?" He himself, along with the others, was wearing his beskar'gam.
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 10:27 am

Sabine nodded. "I have it stored for now, I'll get it ready after our meeting." She started listing what she heard from good old Rex: "He is a scoundrel, who would rather get others to do his dirty work. A good fighter, but not as good as he think he is. A momma's boy, who wet his diapers when he was 3 years old. The thief of father's destiny." She rolled her eyes at that last one. "Arrogant bastard. I think those are the highlights."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 10:32 am

"How much of that is fiction created by envy and how much of that is truth? If any of that is true, then we may have a long campaign in front of us. We will be unable to assault him directly for quite some time."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 10:35 am

"Father fought him in a duel and won, but didn't finish him off. He was a softie back then apparently." There was some fondness in her voice. "Sadly that mistake seemed to have ruined a planet." she let out a bitter laugh. "Knowing that might make him feel better actually." She shook her head in disgust. "I'll take a look at his notes, to see if there's anything of substance. I'll also see if there's anything with Republic Intelligence that might be useful. Have you fought House Kryze before? Or Clan Kryze? That is so confusing."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 am

"To slay a brother is a terrible tragedy." The clan leader made no comment on the young woman's shift in feelings over her father's behaviors. His face turned solemn and he shook his head. "I cannot say I have had any feuds with Clan Kryze before. They have an aptitude for brutality, though I wonder if that is simply Republic forces being unused to facing Mandalorians."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 10:50 am

Sabine nodded. "Well, we'll find out soon enough." She smiled, and glanced over. "As I mentioned, I haven't been educated too much in terms of Mandalorian culture." She looked at the group gathered. "I understand you are part of something called Crusader's Schism... while House Kryze is following Mandalore. Or not?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 10:56 am

The Mandalorian elder thought on how to approach the subject for a few moments. "Centuries ago, Mandalore the Preserver made a promise to stand against the Sith. Corso Fett, whom you refer to as 'Mandalore,' appears to have no intention of following that promise." He shook his head. "As for Clan Kryze, I have not heard of them falling under Corso's banner. It does make not much of a difference to me though."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 11:01 am

Sabine nodded. "I see." She drew a datapad and made some notes. "That's... useful. Force preserve us, his is all so confusing." She muttered under her breath." She put the pad away for now. "Is there anything you need from the Republic which I can help with? Supplies, intelligence perhaps?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 11:08 am

"Who knows, they might be in more secret correspondence. The other clans and I under Jicoln Cadera have been more occupied with organizing our forces." The leader of Clan Kelborn gestured to his men and continued with, "We are an independent force, Sergeant Kryze. We hope to share intelligence reports but we came here as a self-sufficient force."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 11:34 am

"I'll see what I can gather, certainly, and share it with you." Her hands were held stiffly by her side, taking some effort not to fiddle with anything. "Any help you need, feel free to contact me." She nodded her head towards the Mandalorian warriors. "Speaking of organization, can I ask what kind of composition and forces you have? Or what are your plans upon touch down?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 11:38 am

"Our plans are to supplement Republic forces where they are faltering most. we are a small contingent of Mandalorians but you must be aware we will be an effective fighting force nonetheless. We can decimate any aruetii aiding them and harass any of Mandalorians."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 11:40 am

Sabine nodded crisply again. "Your prowess will be welcome on the battlefield." She glanced around. "I'll keep that in mind then, for the campaign, and as for any issues." She opened her mouth, then hesitated.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 11:43 am

"We will not be able to provide vehicular support nor prolonged aerial support. Our current armaments are suited for infantry combat." The old man perked a brow and smiled. "Speak, burc'ya. I do not think of myself as an intimidating man!"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 11:45 am

"Will just get some from Kryze. I am sure they won't mind." She smirked. "Well...." She frowned. "I am just worried how this'll work out." She flashed a brief smile. "I'll be honest, I was expecting worse when I was assigned this duty, and was told to speak with you."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 11:49 am

"What exactly were you expecting? Did you think I would have my men remove my armor so that I could draw your blood in ritual combat?" he asked. His tone was amused; he clearly did not understand any worry surrounding him.
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 11:51 am

"Well, I was expecting you to be more of an ass." She stated plainly. "My main contact with Mandalorians has been dad and he... did not take his failure well. He spoke of glory and honor, and then drank away all the money we've earned. He did at least teach me how to fight, but viewing your culture.... our culture, I guess - , through him did not paint a pretty picture. And my apparent family is not helping."

She took her blade and started throwing it up and down in the air. "Besides, I thought ritual combat is done in the bare?" She smirked.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Wed May 30, 2018 12:06 pm

"Many Mandalorians are assholes. I'm an asshole myself, but in my own way!" he claimed with a hearty laugh. He took a more serious tone over the woman's family. "I am sorry that you had a poor experience thus far with your people. We will make sure to give you proper examples of our culture."

The old man looked at the blade. "I am not so sure that many ladies wish to see me bare. I am not the stunning man I used to be." it was clear from his cut that he was still an imposing man on a melee combat. However, age had taken away much of his prowess. "But if you are asking a serious question, then yes. Armor is significant to our people but not all can afford true beskar'gam. It is also a tradition from before the suits were more developed."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 12:09 pm

Sabine nodded. "That is one aspect I was well trained in. As you can imagine, dear old Rex was peculiar about duels." A fleeting feeling of grief passed over her, but she shrugged it off easily enough. "I would be curious about that. I feel I found good in the Republic, you know. Before that I was a mercenary, with dad. We fought for money, for glory. Supposed glory. Never for anything that matters, you know? Now..." she waved around at the shop, and down below towards the planet. "I feel I am fighting for something. I feel alive."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Next
Forum Statistics