An upscale jizz club located on the waterfront.

[D5MN] Play It Again, S'am

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:26 am

The streets of Rygor were narrow, perfect for Aran's small frame. He made his way through the dark alleys, dodging Mandalorian patrols and intersections that simmered with tension. The few locals still on the streets moved as furtively as he, allowing him to blend in easily. As he approached the Black Garden, loud, complex, brassy music filled the air -- big-bang Glitz, the sort of subgenre that thrived when there were enough people in need of a job to make that many musicians come cheap. Better in the club than out on the streets.

His disguise was both more and less subtle than his visit to the cantina in Uthan Mil. The basic outfit, local pants and slacks, remained. His swoop jacket was cleaned of tags and patches and re-oiled, achieving a higher-class level of street fashion. His hair was shoved under the sort of helmet favored by Zabraks to cover their horns, and lines along his face echoed their tattoos without invoking any meaning too closely tied to one place or clan -- although he had worked from holonet-available images of examples that matched his own short experience in the universe. He tried to move with grace and confidence, and a bit of swagger, but not room-filling bravado. Brave enough to walk the streets for some music, not so foolish as to try to run a scam on, or pick a fight with, an off-duty Mandalorian.

He was hopeful the effect would be improved. He maybe even hoped that Zanebry would be impressed, if the somewhat enigmatic man made an appearance, as he had hinted he might when Aran had sent him a message letting him know his intent to find out whatever there was to find -- about the Mandalorian's operations, about his mysterious contact, the operation of the Hutts, or anything else.

With that in mind, he surveyed the room, seeing where his best angle of approach might be.

Sneaking to the inverse Casblanca: 2eP+1eB+3eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

If relevant, pools are:

Skulduggery for disguise 2eP+2eA minus a setback for talent, maybe plus a boost for disguise kit?
Perception to look over the room physically 4eA, ignore vision-based setbacks.
Streetwise to look over the room, er, criminologically, 1eP+3eA minus a setback for talent.
Last edited by Aran Enfas on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Re: [D5LE] Play It Again, S'am

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 am

The room was filled with wealthy people, well they looked wealthy and a few Mandalorians, some in armor, the rest plain clothes enjoying the high life. On the hovering platform a holo singer was plying her trade with a soft beautiful song.

He does note something interesting on the bottom tier by the lagoon he spied the woman and a feminine looking droid speaking with a trio of Mandalorians.
HYDRA-small.jpg
HYDRA-small.jpg (29.99 KiB) Viewed 9794 times

OOC: So what are you doing first, or what are you looking for?
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:47 am

Aran played it cool as he ordered a nasty, ice-heavy liquor that he would have no trouble nursing all night. The Force often guides such chance meetings... but which part of it? He had hoped to find out more about her organization, but her presence raised the stakes about what he could find, and what it would cost.

He moved around the room, trying to find a vantage where he could see the group better than they could see him -- or better, where he could hear them, and not be seen at all. The droid, though, could have any number of capabilities.

OOC: Try to figure out more about what's up with this meeting -- sneak, then perception? Also, forgot for the disguise, indistinguishable upgrades recognizing me once.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Yunda Kryze » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 am

Yunda-no-helm.jpg
Yunda-no-helm.jpg (22.88 KiB) Viewed 9785 times

On the bottom tier, away from prying ears, Yunda gestured for someone to bring him a drink as he removed his helmet. He frowned at the woman and said, “This better not be a waste of my time, I have a rogue agent sewing terror across my city and I thinking they may need to be put down like the rabid dog they are.”

“There is no honor in Varad’s actions, I came here for conquest not slaughter.”

OOC: Stealth will be versus 2eC+2eD, Perception would be Daunting to hear anything at this distance with the background music. Use a Destiny if you choose to roll, so upgrade the difficulty.
Commander | Mandalorian | Near-Human | Survivalist | Rygor Overlord
Yunda Kryze

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 am

“He has proven himself to be a mindless beast… deranged at best. I wish you luck in cleaning your house, Commander. I would not waste your time with trivialities. I can provide you with vital intelligence that should help you even the odds against the Republic, for a nominal fee,” she replied coolly.

Her crimson and black slinky gown was poured over her frame, leaving little to the imagination and yet still stimulating all the right primitive areas of the mind…
Dapper Dog

Re: [D5LN] Play It Again, S'am

Postby Yunda Kryze » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:00 am

“Nominal fee, what will this pittance of information cost me?” Yunda replied gruffly snatching a battle of local spirits from the service droid.
Yunda Kryze

Re: [D5LN] Play It Again, S'am

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 am

“Two hundred thousand credits, sent to this account,” she replied calmly sliding over a data card.
Dapper Dog

Re: [D5MN] Play It Again, S'am

Postby Yunda Kryze » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 am

Yunda laughed and said, “You must be joking, what could you possibly offer that is worth that kind of creds? For an aruetii you have some stones, if I were not a man of honor I might be inclined to simply take what I want.”
Yunda Kryze

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:09 am

“Security Identifier codes for the Republic, valid and ready to be used by an enterprising Mandalorian commander to earn glory for his House,” she said without missing a beat.

“You have a tactical mind, I am sure you can find uses for that.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:12 am

Aran kept his distance, not plunging in over his head (for once). Instead, he tried to watch the small movements of their lips and bodies, while trying to focus on isolating their voices out of the music and babble.

Perception, both sides flipping destiny: 1eP+3eA+3eD+1eC 3 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aran Enfas

Postby Yunda Kryze » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:13 am

Yunda leaned back in silence and mulled over the offer. He wasn’t a damned merchant or two-bit hustler, haggling was for peasants and the weak. He finally nodded and said, “Done.”

“Do no cross me woman, my fury is fatal.”
Yunda Kryze

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:17 am

Aran Enfas wrote:Aran kept his distance, not plunging in over his head (for once). Instead, he tried to watch the small movements of their lips and bodies, while trying to focus on isolating their voices out of the music and babble.

Perception, both sides flipping destiny: 1eP+3eA+3eD+1eC 3 successes, 1 threat

Kai Zyken-small.jpg
Kai Zyken-small.jpg (18.5 KiB) Viewed 9752 times

He can make out the words of this sensitive situation but… a short man with two women on his arms looked at him and then said, “Hey… you stupid salty bastard… I know that face anywhere! Geppy, you old space dog.”

“Surely you recognize your old Captain? Captain Zyken, the Captain Kai Zyken… I know, you’re impressed that I remembered you. And I would never forget a man that owes me twenty thousand credits!”

He grinned, “But we can talk money in a sec, buy me a drink.”

OOC: Threat used for Kai Zyken.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Z had managed to avoid the Patrols of Mandolorians, but in doing so had managed to take a short fall along the way, it left a few bruises but was hardly anything a few nights sleep wouldn't fix. After taking a few moments to straighten his clothing, he made his way into the jizz lounge. He was almost two-toned tonight, black jacket, black vest, white shirt, his red tie broke it up though, and as he stepped inside his eyes searched the room, taking in it's occupants.

There were more then a few of interest, but he didn't yet approach any of them. Instead making his way to the bar.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nudimsu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:50 pm

It was a successful run today, and ignoring Craw's sink into gripling depression and Durasay's massive amount of wounds in injuries, it was a good day for the crew of the Turtle. A new weapon was found, and the Duros was working hard on installing it right now. Soon, when the time came to get back against that pilot, she would know the lessons that only defeat would bring.

Still, he needed a break, and some music seemed like the ticket. He could always use new suggestions to the lineup on the music player, and going to a Jizz bar seemed as appropriate of a thing to hear it as any. He managed to get in just fine, but he scuffed his outfit a bit that mostly hid his Chiss nature, which he was hoping people could ignore. His training, though, still would let him know how to blend in and appear like he belonged. It's not like he ever screamed "Republic" to begin with.

D5 Sneaking Into Bar: 2eP+2eA+2eB+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

((Increase Difficulty by 1 to recognize Nudimsu))
Last edited by Nudimsu on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack
Nudimsu

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 pm

As Nudimsu walked in, three Mandalorians, armed to the teeth walk in looking around. Apparently he had not been as stealthy as he thought as they searched through the crowd.

OOC: Anyone attached to the Strike Force roll an Average with a setback die Stealth, Skullduggery, or Deception check to avoid being recognized. Due to Nudimsu's threat.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Lyseil had taken a wrong turn on her way to this place to see some more of the local "life", and gotten into a minor scrap with a Mandalorian. Thankfully he had just thought she was a local because she wasn't in uniform, and it hadn't turned lethal - just a punch to say that no means no. And her hand hurt afterward. Oooowww... don't punch armor again.

Wearing a black duster with a cowl and plain clothes underneath, Lyseil managed to at least blend in physically with the crowd without standing out like obvious Republic Military.

She managed to avoid attention from the three armed Mandalorians... for now.

----

D4 MN Sneaking into Contested area. Stealth. Boost from Stalker: 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 4 failures, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lyseil takes 2 Wounds after soak (as she's not wearing her uniform

D4 MN Avoid being recognized as Republic because of Nudie! Onoz! Stealth again, Setback from Nudie, Boost from Stalker: 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nudimsu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Damnit, I've made too much noise. He grunts as he notices the guards. There was no way into this club, and staying here any longer could bring more trouble than it's worth, it seems. Just as well, I'm sure the music was terrible anyway. He sits on the side of the doorway and, as the guards begin to enter, sneak his way behind them thru a dark corner of the bar without making much fuss. Within moments, he made his way out into the street and on the long trek back to the base.

D5 Uhh...Woopsie (Reducing Difficulty Due to Indistinguishable): 2eP+2eA+2eB+1eD 0 successes, 3 advantage

((Using Advantages to sneak out of the bar))

/exit
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack
Nudimsu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Perhaps Zanebry just didn't look republic. Even without a disguise he didn't bring a shred of unwanted. The Mandolorians were given an easy smile as he ordered a drink, and scanned the bar for others he knew.

Deception to not look like Republic, ignore setback due to combining demeanor: 3eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 4 advantage

((Can use advantage to get rid of Mandos? Or something else of interest?)
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 pm

The Mandalorians sieze another blue-skinned alien and drag him outside. The woman shrieked but no one moved to assist her. Woe be unto her, sadly.

OOC: Advantage used to remove Mandos unless stopped.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:00 pm

It had been an eventful night already and Jax had caught wind that some folks were headed to a local jizz lounge that was under mando control. Jax was a little wounded and tired but he got cleaned up putting on some dress clothes a black shirt, red vest and black pants that look nice but not too nice as to stand out too much though he can't help but add the cape to his outfit. There were plenty of patrols on his way to the club but Jax evaded them easily perhaps the black cape helping him blend into the night.

He walks into the club and looks about noting some familiar faces some surprising some not so surprising. He wandered up to the bar and ordered a drink turning to the well dressed man at the bar "Well well I shouldn't be surprised to see you here, this place seems built for you Mr. Z." he said in a friendly open manner as he sat with his back resting on the bar looking out at the rest of the club.

Day 5 Mn sneaking into contested area: 5eA+3eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 pm

"Evening." Z said easily, eyes drifting towards the Mandolorians. He was wondering if there was anything he could do, but it seemed unlikely.

"Enjoying your evening, Jax?" He asked after a moment his eyes finally settling on Lyseil, he offered a smile in her direction, tipping his hat in greeting. Hopefully she would make her way over.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Lyseil saw the tip of the head. It's just like being in one of those Corellian-detective movies! She hesitated for a while, seeming like she was going to do something to the Mandalorians who were dragging along that poor defenseless woman... but she realised she couldn't take out three Mandalorians in this location!

With a heavy sigh, she looked away and headed over to Zanebry and Jax. "Gentlemen," she greeted, keeping a low profile and her enthusiasm dulled from what she just saw.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Jax smiled back to the man "It has been an.....interesting night for sure." he said wincing as he moved his arm the wrong way and pulled on some of the strained muscles. He followed his gaze and saw the young officer and lifted his glass to her with a warm smile as she approached "Lyseil I wouldn't expect to see you here at this hour. I figured proper ladies would be in bed." he said his tone joking trying to lighten the mood after seeing what happened as well.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Aran's mind had been racing with the implications of what he had overheard. A double-dealing criminal is predictable (so why did he feel disappointed?), but how could she have gotten those Republic codes? I must let Commander Malcom know immediately!

“Hey… you stupid salty bastard… I know that face anywhere! Geppy, you old space dog.”

“Surely you recognize your old Captain? Captain Zyken, the Captain Kai Zyken… I know, you’re impressed that I remembered you. And I would never forget a man that owes me twenty thousand credits!”

He grinned, “But we can talk money in a sec, buy me a drink.”

"Uh... Kriff me! Of course I remember you! How could I forget Captain Zyken!" Aran let himself be led to the bar and put down the credits for another drink. "Of course, after that business at," uh what's a place "Port Tooga, I think we could call it even." Aran managed to wink visibly at one of the two women, an impressive feat given the little actual face showing between his sunshades and his helmet. "Introduce me to your lovely friends!"

And then I can excuse myself, quickly, and get word back to the Strike Force. He glanced across the bar, seeing some familiar faces. Which might be easier than I thought. He began to think about how to get them to recognize him through his perhaps too clever disguise.

You'll never see through my clever disguise: 3eP+1eA+2eD 5 successes, 1 advantage

Upgraded once for Indistinguishable, removed a setback die with Streetwise. Can I use the advantage to know who this guy is? :P Or get a boost on a Knowledge: Underworld check?
Aran Enfas

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 pm

“Well I would but first we got settle the matter of my money… I mean you leave a friend high and dry and you might make him think you weren’t friends anymore, and I am sure you want us to be friends?” he said with a greedy grin.

“These girls are just so interested in what you have to say about how you will make good on your debt, oh buddy ol’ pal.”

OOC: Sure you can know Zyken, captain of the notorious pirate crew, Corellian Run Scoundrels!
Dapper Dog

Next
Forum Statistics