A good place to watch... well the screeching bright white of hyperspace... so the observation windows are shut for now and display a mock deep space view.

(Day 0 - MN) Bankor Up All Night

Postby Luth Khalan » Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 am

Luth stared out into the depths of space, not really seeing the stars, despite the beauty of them laid out like tiny gems on the black velvet of the depths of space. She could feel the headache behind her eyes and the dark circles under them speaking to her tiredness, but she couldn't sleep. Looking out the window was one of the few ways she could find peace these days - the other being Arali. She would kill for a cigarette right now, though, even though she always got on her case when she smoked. Maybe after landing. Even with the scrubbed air, it felt like it left a lingering scent for hours on ships, or maybe it was just her perception.
Republic | Human | SIS | Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Force Sensitive
Carries: Comlink, Electrobinoculars, Utility Belt,
On Assignment: Environment Armor and helmet, Sniper Rifle, Extra Rounds

"Tomorrow is another day."
Luth Khalan

Re: (Day 0 - MN) Bankor Up All Night

Postby Niall Organa » Wed May 30, 2018 9:06 am

After his sleep was disturbed once, Niall found it was difficult to get back to sleep. Especially with the thoughts that had been going through his head. But he'd gone to bed early. A quick walk, followed by a quick nap, and that would be enough, especially if he ended up somewhere like the observation deck. And so, dressed in a casual white undershirt and uniform pants, that was where he ended up.

It seemed someone else had the same idea. Niall's grey eyes widened as he spotted the familiar figure. "Luth?" He said, surprise evident in his cultured tones. "Is that you?" He stepped closer, slowly, as though he was worried he might scare her away.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Wed May 30, 2018 9:16 am

Tired eyes left the mock space view and wandered over to Niall. A rare smile crossed her face at the sight and she got up. "Captain Alderaan," she replied, the nickname in a gently teasing tone. There's genuine warmth in her voice, though, especially as she continued, "Now you're a sight for sore eyes."

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Wed May 30, 2018 9:22 am

Niall's lips quirked noticeably at the all too familiar nickname. "I was about to say the same thing. I fear you've stolen my opening line." He said, matching her gentle teasing with his own. "Well, unless one counts 'is that you', but I'd frankly prefer not to."

He blinked. "But where have you been? I haven't seen you in..." His lips pressed together. "A year at least, isn't it? Since Alderaan." He smiled. "A week there, and then..." He spread his hands.
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 am

She walked over and gave him a quick, friendly hug. Since their last meeting on Nar Shaddaa, she hadn't been shy about a little bit of friendly contact with him. "Well, I spent a year traveling hither and yon across the galaxy on vacation... goodness knows I earned it... then went back to work for SIS. Been busy with that and visiting Arali as much as I can manage since then." She gestured over to where she'd been sitting. "Come over and join me."

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Wed May 30, 2018 10:02 am

Only the briefest of hesitations as they met for a hug; Niall was naturally reserved, but less so with her. "You certainly did earn it. I'm glad." He murmured as they parted.

"Thank you." Niall said. With courtly grace, he waited for her to be seated before sitting himself, his posture as relaxed as it ever was. "Ah." He smiled, just a little. "I remember Arali. Say hello for me next time you speak with her."

He pursed his lips. "And back with SIS." His tone was neutral. "I've done some missions with them myself. How are you finding it?"
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Wed May 30, 2018 10:09 am

She smiled and nodded. "I'll probably head to bed in not too long. I'll tell her then." She sighed and nodded, looking back at the hologram. The deep space image remained unchanged. "It's something useful to do with my skills," she replied with a shrug. "It's not like I'd be able to make it in civilian life, and the Jedi wouldn't take me."

Luth Khalan

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 am

Delmi leaned onto the railing between her, taking in the image of an idealized space scene...

She looked down and stretched her hand, opening and closing it slowly, taking in the image of an idealized human arm...

It's pretty fancy... I'll give them that.

She began stretching her hand faster and faster with each repetition, checking the new limits of her strength and speed... It still felt foreign to her, even if it was faster.

Suddenly she stopped with her hand extended, palm facing down. She rotated her wrist once slowly and closed it into a fist. She loosened the fist and let out a sigh as her eyes wandered back up to the false starry sky in front of her.

She noticed the other pair as they started talking but paid no mind to them for the time being...
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Wed May 30, 2018 6:23 pm

"Oh, she's here?" Niall's eyebrows went up. "I hadn't realized."

He nodded acknowledgement if not agreement of her other words. "Perhaps. I'm surprised the Jedi wouldn't take you." He looked at her curiously a moment, then shook his head. "Well, that offer I made back at Nar Shaddaa is still open. If you'd like."

The woman nearby drew a quick glance from Niall, but not more than that.
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Wed May 30, 2018 7:52 pm

"Apparently I'm too old," she replied with a shrug. "They might have had other reasons they didn't tell me. Either way..." She looked thoughtful. "I might just take you up on that. Might be a good opportunity to move on."

She noticed the other person a ways away and gave a respectful nod before looking back toward Niall. "Nar Shaddaa was a trial."

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Wed May 30, 2018 7:57 pm

"Too old?" Niall scoffed, his lips quirking. "Well, you'd never hear it from me." His expression softened. "But I suppose there's no denying that you've been through a lot."

He smiled again, just as warmly as before. "I'd be glad to have you." A short pause, his grey eyes flickering up and down as he studied her. "What are you doing here, then? Is it something for SIS?"
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Wed May 30, 2018 8:25 pm

She chuckled at that. "I'll take it as a compliment," she replied with a gentle smirk. It returned to a more normal smile as she continued, "On loan from SIS for the op, basically. My skills would be useful here, and they consider it important."

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Wed May 30, 2018 8:30 pm

"Mmm." Niall's lips quirked. "I suppose it's nice to be appreciated." And he could personally attest to her skills, although he didn't want to say so; he knew that was a delicate subject for her.

He nodded. "But yes. I don't always see eye to eye with SIS, but I certainly agree with them on this matter. Bankor is important. I just hope we can do enough. That's always the challenge, isn't it? Doing enough."
Niall Organa

Postby Chase » Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 am

Delmi Koor wrote:She noticed the other pair as they started talking but paid no mind to them for the time being...

"It's not real you know," Chase said as she walked up and leaned onto the railing beside Delmi. "People up and didn't quite like the realities of space flight and kept complaining and complaining until we eventually arrived at this little show."

Chase was dressed in what was the undersuit for the flight suit she wore into her fighter. Somewhere between fully and half prepared to fly.
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu May 31, 2018 1:41 am

Delmi looked to her arm at first and then to the newcomer. After a short moment she smirked and nodded, "Yeah... I've been on a spaceflight or two in my day. People always gonna find a way to complain."
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Thu May 31, 2018 3:37 am

"So, what brings a woman like you to our little endeavor here? Not that I mind seeing a woman with a little flight experience on board just that I'm not all too familiar with where they really get these outside contractors and the like all the time."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu May 31, 2018 3:51 am

Delmi nodded a few times as the woman spoke and then replied, "I was on Bankor for a job when the Mandos attacked. Helped a lady out down there who is still fighting with the resistance. She set up for me to be compensated by the Republic for what I lost... So... I volunteered to help out for a bit. Don't like leaving my debts unpaid."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Luth Khalan » Thu May 31, 2018 5:14 am

Niall Organa wrote:"Mmm." Niall's lips quirked. "I suppose it's nice to be appreciated." And he could personally attest to her skills, although he didn't want to say so; he knew that was a delicate subject for her.

He nodded. "But yes. I don't always see eye to eye with SIS, but I certainly agree with them on this matter. Bankor is important. I just hope we can do enough. That's always the challenge, isn't it? Doing enough."

She nodded and shrugged. "You can only do as much as you can." She looked over to him with a tired smile. "If there's anyone out there I know does their very best for the Republic, it's you, Niall. So even if things go south, don't forget that. I don't want your conscience torturing you."

Luth Khalan

Postby Chase » Thu May 31, 2018 5:20 am

"Got yourself caught by good will of another huh?" Chase remarked with the flash of grin. "I know that life, not an easy one and it doesn't stop anytime soon. Mighta been me if I hadn't found the Republic when I did. Can't waste good talent like mine, after all, and the pays at least a bit more stable around these parts. Keeps me off the ground and somewhere in the black so I can't complain all that much."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu May 31, 2018 11:12 am

Delmi nodded, "Where'd ya come from originally?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Thu May 31, 2018 11:25 am

"Space," she said, straining to keep back the laugh that eventually broke through as a slight chuckle. "But yea, been in space for as long as I can remember and that's really the truest call to home I ever had. Never quite been able to think of anything else quite like it."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu May 31, 2018 11:29 am

"Welp, there's more space than not space... so you got a big home at least. And always more space where that comes from in case it gets too crowded anywhere." She replied with a chuckle.

"Ever been to Bankor before?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Thu May 31, 2018 11:55 am

"Not once but I already don't think I'll be planning a return trip anytime soon."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu May 31, 2018 12:01 pm

"Oh yeah? Don't like the reports?" She asked.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Thu May 31, 2018 8:06 pm

"You could say that, number of different factions coming into this one is gonna leave a mess of Bankor and on that you can take those words down," she said as she raised herself higher on the railing. Arms to their full length she separated them a bit more as to not lift herself. "Two Mandalorian groups, the resistance, and our finest all fighting it out down there is gonna cause helluva lotta damage. Better we end it quick and soon. It gets dragged out at all and Bankor is gonna suffer. Don't need to be too much of a veteran to figure that one out."
Info - Theme
Chase

Next
Forum Statistics