Soldiers quarters are cramped with four soldiers to a room, a secure footlocker and little privacy. Officer's and Jedi quarters are a bit more spacious with two to a room, but privacy is still at a premium.

Re: [Day 0 - LN] Preparation

Postby Niall Organa » Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 pm

"To a droid, actually." Niall said, still reading the data. "He had information for me, of sorts. There may be something in there for you, too. I'll keep you informed."

He held the pad back to her. "Everything looks to be in order. Good work, sergeant."

Niall stood straight, crossing his arms over his chest casually. "I see..." He'd read her file ahead of time, of course. "Sounds like you've already done the hard part. After that, leadership should be easy." His eyebrows went up, just a little. "I like your confidence. No mixed feelings about fighting your father's clan?" He didn't doubt her in the least, of course.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed May 30, 2018 11:02 pm

"A droid. I see sir." She acknowledged. One thing she realized fighting in the Republic.... here is no defined normal. Sometimes even the mercenaries she grew up with seemed more down to earth.

"Thank you sir. I would appreciate any pointers." She smirked slightly. "I have heard good things from the people serving under you. I feel honored that I can work with you." Her eyebrows perked up at the possible work, but she kept her curiosity in check. He'll let her know when she needs to know. She simply shrugged when the question came up. "As I mentioned, I grew up with no clan. The one good thing my father did to me was teach me how to fight." She shrugged. "If my enemies are in any way like him, they deserve the ass kicking they're going to get."
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Thu May 31, 2018 12:58 am

Niall chuckled, his lips curling up. "I already mentioned that I like your confidence. Still, I think it bears repeating."

Still chuckling softly, he moved to his equipment locker. He pulled out his officer's armored jacket, pulling it on over his clothes. It was well-made indeed, fitting his form nicely. "Well, if you don't mind a bit of a speech, I can tell you the two things that I think are the most important in leadership." He shot her a quick smile as he fastened up the front of his jacket. "I promise I'll keep it short."
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu May 31, 2018 1:02 am

"Thank you sir. I was taught that if you don't believe you'll win, then don't bother to show up." One of the few good things she got from dear old daddy.

Her face turned serious. "Of course sir. I am always eager to learn. Please continue." She eyed his jacket. It was well made, if not a bit thin compared to her own armor.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Thu May 31, 2018 1:15 am

"Indeed." Niall said. A few tugs, and he'd tightened the jacket to his satisfaction. He turned to face her, giving her a nod.

"A great deal has been written on the topic of leadership." He began. "But in my experience it all comes down to two things. The first is clarity. Clarity in communication, and in thinking. A good leader needs to be able to manage information from any number of sources, considering each one. But at the same time, they must never lose sight of the big picture. And then, they must be able to communicate necessary information back to each source. Wars have been won and lost for errors in any of these."

His eyes met hers, serious and grey. "The second, and the more important is trust. Your troops need to trust you; that's obvious. It is sometimes forgotten how important it is that you trust them as well. You can't handle everything yourself." His lips twisted wryly. "I'll admit, I sometimes have difficulty remembering that. There's more I have to learn, after all."
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu May 31, 2018 10:47 am

Sabine listened, her face serious. She nodded at the right places, and didn't reach to take notes, but it was obvious she was listening. "The first part is clear." She smirked. "It's something you can get used to on the battle field. Of course, that doesn't mean will still actually listen to me. The armor is a bit off putting to some." She pointed at her Mandalorian gear. "Trust... is rarely easy." She had her own trust issues, to be frank. "It all sounds neat, but the galaxy doesn't always meet your expectation, does it?" Her smile was less humorous and more bitter this time. "Well, sir, I can say that I will do my utmost to earn your trust sir and support you." She sighed a bit, and took a more relaxed pose. "Anything I need to know about the unit and soldiers I will be working with sir? "
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Thu May 31, 2018 10:47 pm

Niall's lips quirked. "It certainly can be. Trusting involves taking risks." His grey eyes narrowed as he looked at her. "Unless I miss my guess, you're no stranger to taking risks." After a moment, he nodded. "And that goes in both directions." His gaze followed her gesture to her gear. Yes, no doubt she'd have a difficult time receiving trust as well.

"Hmmm..." Niall considered as he straightened out his jacket, making sure all his gear was easily accessible. "Have you met Lieutenant Vera yet? If not, you should. The Mandalorian Irregulars are some of the best soldiers I've ever worked with." His lips pressed together a moment. "Compared to other units, they may seem a bit, ah, eccentric. Discipline is more flexible. Allowances are given to them to help integrate into the standard Republic armed forces." His lips curled up. "I advise flexibility."
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu May 31, 2018 11:15 pm

Niall Organa wrote:Niall's lips quirked. "It certainly can be. Trusting involves taking risks." His grey eyes narrowed as he looked at her. "Unless I miss my guess, you're no stranger to taking risks." After a moment, he nodded. "And that goes in both directions." His gaze followed her gesture to her gear. Yes, no doubt she'd have a difficult time receiving trust as well.

"Hmmm..." Niall considered as he straightened out his jacket, making sure all his gear was easily accessible. "Have you met Lieutenant Vera yet? If not, you should. The Mandalorian Irregulars are some of the best soldiers I've ever worked with." His lips pressed together a moment. "Compared to other units, they may seem a bit, ah, eccentric. Discipline is more flexible. Allowances are given to them to help integrate into the standard Republic armed forces." His lips curled up. "I advise flexibility."

Sabine looked thoughtful. "You could say that. Joining the republic was a big one, but it worked out well so far." She recalled her last moments with her dad, her heart wrenching. The deed was done. "Flexibility can be a good for a fighting force, though there should be a balance." A balance she was still looking for, if one was to be truthful. "You worked with Mandalorians for a longer time sir?" Perhaps it was no coincidence that she was assigned to his unit.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:24 am

"Balance. Yes." Niall smiled softly, his eyes going distant. He knew someone who would no doubt agree with that sentiment.

He shook his head, clearing the thoughts from his mind. "Yes. My first mission with them was almost two years ago." His lips quirked. "I could show you the medal, but I can't explain most of the details behind why I have it. The downside to working with SIS is how often your heroism ends up classified." He joked gently.

He went on. "Since then, a smattering of missions. A lot of training." His lips quirked. "If it makes you feel better, I sometimes had difficulty getting them to trust me, too."
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:32 am

Niall Organa wrote:"Balance. Yes." Niall smiled softly, his eyes going distant. He knew someone who would no doubt agree with that sentiment.

He shook his head, clearing the thoughts from his mind. "Yes. My first mission with them was almost two years ago." His lips quirked. "I could show you the medal, but I can't explain most of the details behind why I have it. The downside to working with SIS is how often your heroism ends up classified." He joked gently.

He went on. "Since then, a smattering of missions. A lot of training." His lips quirked. "If it makes you feel better, I sometimes had difficulty getting them to trust me, too."

Sabine waited patiently for him to recenter himself. "Well, I understand. Can I expect to be doing missions related to SIS, sir?" There was some concern in her voice. "As you can see, stealth is not one of my strong suits. I am more of a fighter. And... leader, apparently?" Her usual confidence faltered a bit.

"Welll, I will aim to gain their trust and work together with them sir."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 am

"Maybe." Niall said, his tone steady. "SIS does a little bit of everything. Sometimes that means fighters. And sometimes that means leaders." He gave her a gentle smile. "You'll do fine, sergeant. I have every confidence in you. And not just in your fighting ability."

"Good. With that in mind..." Niall crossed his arms casually over his chest. "What do you think you'll do first? To gain their trust, I mean? Walk me through your strategy, the same way you would as planning an assault." He gave her an encouraging nod.
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:21 am

Niall Organa wrote:"Maybe." Niall said, his tone steady. "SIS does a little bit of everything. Sometimes that means fighters. And sometimes that means leaders." He gave her a gentle smile. "You'll do fine, sergeant. I have every confidence in you. And not just in your fighting ability."

"Good. With that in mind..." Niall crossed his arms casually over his chest. "What do you think you'll do first? To gain their trust, I mean? Walk me through your strategy, the same way you would as planning an assault." He gave her an encouraging nod.

Sabine listened. "I appreciate your confidence sir and I hope not to betray your expectations." She stated with a serious expression.

She relaxed her pose a bit. "Well, I had a talk earlier with the local leader. They seem to be ready, and we've agreed to share any intelligence we might acquire. Besides that... they seem decent? Not as big of assholes as I expected." She stated bluntly. "Besides that... not sure. I hope to learn more about Clan Kryze... my clan, I guess? Though don't consider them that, in particular." She shrugged. "Easy to do, considering I have never met them."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Niall's lips quirked at her choice of words, but didn't comment.

He nodded. "That certainly sounds like a good start." He pursed his lips, regarding her. "Tell me a little about yourself, if you would. I've read your file, of course." He waved a hand. "But those are a bit dry. They tend to leave out personal impressions."
Niall Organa

Previous
Forum Statistics