Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Seabreeze. (Day 5 Mid Evening, Three Drinks)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Z was cooking, which meant, no jacket, no gloves and rolled up sleeves, leaving him fully exposing a number of the different scars he had acquired over the years. He really wasn't sure why he was going through so much trouble though, perhaps to a degree Tethys reminded him of Yslane. Not that the reason really mattered.

The table was set in the small dining area, though he'd left out anything that one might confuse as romantic. That wasn't his intent... Probably. appetizers waiting to be dressed, and the entree needing only a few finishing touches, he looked around the room to see if anything was missing. It was unlikely.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Seabreeze. (Day 5 Mid Evening, Three Drinks)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 pm

The Three Drinks's proximity sensors (or whatever system the ship has to notify its captain of a stranger at the boarding ramp) ping, announcing the arrival of the tall human Jedi. True to her word, she actually has dressed for the engagement, in a drapey white dress that echoes the traditional robes of the Order while also suiting her willowy build--and is clearly in line with some of the galaxy's most timeless fashion trends. It might also be surprisingly daring, depending what Zanebry is expecting.

Tethys has wound her mane of dreadlocks into a rather elegant chignon with a few strings of beads woven in as accents. Nothing expensive or rare, of course. At the moment, she's looking over the ship's exterior with careful consideration while waiting to be let in.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:36 am

She wouldn't have to wait long, the door at the end of the platform sliding open to reveal Z folding down his sleeves, though the scars that were on his arms were visible for a few moments. Raising his eyes he looked the slender woman over for a moment, his lips forming a charming smile as he spoke. "You look simply stunning, Miss Carrack." He said sincerely as he beckoned her inside. "Please come in."

The interior of the ship, was cozy, more so then most would expect, and it was obvious he had put some credits into it to make it more a home. "Apologies, for my own appearence." He said with a easy smile, as he led her towards the dining area.. "I was just putting on, the finishing touches."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:39 am

The corners of her lips turn up as she makes a practiced, if not deep, semi-bow. "Why, thank you, Mr. Varliss. You look at your best as always, of course. No apologies needed." She sweeps up the ramp following his gesture, raising an eyebrow in surprise as she looks around at the ship's interior. "I'm impressed. This may be the most comfortably appointed freighter I've ever boarded, and I have seen more than a few."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:04 am

"Thank you, Miss Carrack. I've put a lot of time into it." This was very much his home after all, and he at least wanted it comfortable.

"I suppose the fact that I don't transfer alot of cargo, or passengers makes it a bit easier to keep presentable." The dining room he led her to was a small one, space was at a premium after all. As they arrived at the table, he took two quick steps forward, and pulled out her chair for her. "Do you have a preference for drinks? Wine? Water? Herbal Tea?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am

Her lips twitch as he pulls out the chair, but she accepts the gesture with a gracious nod, sweeping her skirt into place with one hand as she sinks into it.

"Not much cargo or passengers, hm?" He obviously manages to pay for all this somehow; she continues to look around herself with polite interest, taking in the small details. "Whatever you're having is fine with me, Mr. Varliss." She gives a slight, vaguely embarrassed shake of her coiffured head and adds, "Where I come from it is common practice for dinner guests to bring a bottle of something, but I had no idea where to begin looking for anything appropriate in a war zone. I may have to owe you one."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:04 am

After making sure she was properly seated, he rounded the table, and ducked into the kitchen. "Wine it is then. I have a white from Alderaan that I really enjoy with this meal." Returning a few short moments later with a bottle and a pair of glasses. Filling hers first followed by his own, he set them in their perspective places. "You'll likely find a larger selection of Alcohol on my ship then most places you come across on this planet, Miss Carrack." Zane said with a easy smile. "The mandolarian blockade has not been kind to their liquor reserves. Really though, the thought is more then enough."
Glasses poured before he disappeared into the kitchen once again, coming back soon after balancing a pair of plates and two bowls. "If this was a fancy restaurant, I'd bring things in waves. but as it's my humble home, we get appetizer and entree in one go." Z said cheerfully, setting the the table for the two of them, a bowl and a plate each. a look would tell her that the bowls contained a simple salad, lightly dressed the ingredients seemingly picked based on fresheness, and the plates some sort of pasta. Perhaps surprisingly there was no meat evident in either dish. "I hope you don't mind vegetarian fare, Miss Carrack?" Zanebry asked as he slid into his jacket, and took his seat across from her.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 pm

"Not at all. I'm not fussy," she says, smiling slightly as the food appears. "As long as humans can metabolize it, I will try it. And this certainly looks well above that level." She actually does seem impressed.

"Do you always keep a vegetarian diet?" she adds curiously.

Once they're seated across from one another at the small ship's table, it's possible he will notice a couple of war-zone details that would not have been easy to spot against her dark skin while they were both moving around: a small, flat bruise on one cheekbone under her eye, and the telltale line of not-quite-perfectly-natural skin texture that marks the outline of a synthflesh dressing below her collarbone on the opposite side.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:55 pm

"Mother insisted we all know how to cook, as well as a myriad of other things." He mused as he picked up his tableware, seemingly dispensing with any sort of before meal prayers. "Though it was a beautiful Twi'lek woman who really refined my skills. Though I suppose we should hope that the flavors hold up to the appearance."

"It's a habit I picked up in Nar Shaddaa, I part from it from time to time, but typically it's what I stick to." He looked from his plate to her eyes. "Is that surprising?" His eyes lingered on her face for a few moments, slowly shifting to her injuries and taking them in, though he chose not to address them at the moment.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:31 am

"We humans are an omnivorous species." She shrugs one shoulder as she follows his lead by picking up her utensils. "A restricted diet is a choice--sometimes with an interesting story behind it. When I think of Nar Shadaa, for example, my mind does not usually picture a bounty of fresh edible plants." She quirks an eyebrow, perhaps picturing a rural farmers' market plopped down in the middle of that polluted megacity.

She belatedly realizes he may be noticing her small visible injuries and glances down at her plate, briefly self-conscious, though she seems to recover quickly.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:06 am

"There are quite a few small hydroponic farms, as you said fresh vegetables are fairly rare though. It's worth the additional cost though, a lot of the meat you can find is of very questionable origins" Honestly he didn't even want to imagine where they got some of it.

His lips curled into a slightly amused smile. That has perhaps the first time he managed to catch her off guard. "A few blemishes from battle aren't going to make you any less lovely, Miss Carrack." He said smoothly. "Though I do find myself a bit curious on how you earned them, as well as a bit concerned. Should we have postponed this meal for a later date, so you could rest?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:30 am

"No, I feel perfectly fine." She shakes her head slightly, more embarrassed at being caught in that moment of self-consciousness than she is about the wounds themselves. "The kolto stims are working. The scratches just need a little longer to close completely."

Her long fingers twitch slightly on the tabletop as she stops herself from reaching to touch the small bruise on her cheekbone, the one injury she can't quite remember getting. It doesn't hurt at all; probably a bit of debris hit her in all the scuffling and she didn't even notice.

"It is quite a story, though. Yunda Kryze got hold of some sort of large non-sentient carnivore--I heard the local people call it a "sand demon"--and set it loose in the city. Some kind of petty revenge, it seems," she editorializes with a disdainful expression. "It wasn't possible to get soldiers into occupied Rygor in time to help. Arali--Knight Zian and I thought we might get in undetected, along with two freelancers who were willing to try."

She shrugs one shoulder, something of a different-looking gesture in the flowing white dress than in multilayered Jedi robes. "We were too late to stop it from hurting anyone, but at least we were able to contain the harm. We had no choice but to put the unfortunate beast down, though." And from the evidence, it hadn't gone down without a fight.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:51 am

"Good." He stated simply a broad smile appearing on his lips. He noticed the movement of her finger , but didn't comment on it, instead starting to dig into the meal, there was no reason to let it get cold after all.

As she told her story, he listened silently, not wishing to interrupt her as she went through the days events. Nodding along as she explained about the sand demon, and shaking his head sadly when she mentioned they couldn't get to it before it had managed to kill a few already. "It seems like you had quite the day, Miss Carrack." Zane said softly as she finished. "Would you mind if I asked how Arali fared through the battle? That pretty little plum likes to put up a tough front, but she's really rather fragile, at least physically." Mentally she was likely one of the toughest women he had ever met.

He continued to watch her, as she moved, though his gaze seemed rather unobtrusive, more polite then intense. Picking up his glass he brought it to his lips. "The Mandolorians do seem rather intent on acts of petty revenge though, especially over matters that hold no real weight. It almost seems to me they live by double standards, and ask things of people that they can never achieve.'"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:57 am

Tethys too starts in on her dinner with evident appreciation. "This really is very good," she murmurs briefly before he asks about Arali. The line of her mouth flattens a bit and twin frown lines appear between her brows as she considers her failure to completely protect a fellow Jedi--one who really is a scientist and healer first, a warrior only as a somewhat distant second.

"She was injured, but not dangerously. We would have been in a bad spot without her." Picking up her wineglass, she explains, "That unusual lightsaber was the only thing that seemed to seriously hurt the animal, and she wielded it well. The power cells can't have been stable, though--on the first good strike the regulators went out and the whole hilt exploded. She wasn't burned," Tethys adds hastily. "Even after that she nearly saved us. The local people had tried to build a trap for the animal, and she got it working. If we hadn't managed to take it down just then, that would have been our best chance."

Taking a sip from her glass, she continues, "Azura, the mercenary girl--young woman--was hurt more badly, but Arali got her back to her feet. Enough to walk out of the city, at least."

Her lips twitch into a humorless smile. "You already know my opinion of the Mandalorian occupiers, I believe. It hasn't improved."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:35 am

"I'm glad you like it, though I should admit it's one of Arali's recipes" They wee talking about the purple Twi'lek,so he may as well bring it up. "One should give credit where it's due, right?" He continued a slightly amused smile painting it's way across his features for a moment.

She'd feel a slight bump against her foot under the table, as Z's stretched forward his forward, to gently tap the side of his shoe against hers, and he looked towards her eyes as he poke. "You shouldn't be too hard on yourself, Arali knows what she was getting into, I once saw her pick a fight with a Jedi named Garrick Lorne, she understands the consequences of these sort of things." He sighed, and shook his head. "Not that I wouldn't feel the same way if our roles were reserved."

"I'm glad to hear she made it through okay though, and that she wasn't injured when here saber exploded." He pursed his lips. "I'm kind of happy that thing exploded to be honest. The first time I saw her grab the blade with her hand I thought about slapping her upside the head. I hope whatever she makes this time is slightly more practical." Zane doubted it would be, but one could hope. "I'm glad she was able to help you all survive though, and that all of you were able to walk away."

"Azura." He shook hsi head. "That girl shouldn't be in a war zone... I really should consider punching her captain for bringing here here." Her last comment brought on a light chuckle, and his lips spread in a amused smile. "Something told me that would be the case." There was a pause as he took a drink of his wine. '"I suppose I should tell you, we got all of those bodies taken down today."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:50 pm

"I tend to agree about Azura." Tethys's brows quirk wryly. "She wants to fight too much to be at war. And she's very young." She samples her wine again, then asks, "Do you know much about her? Who is her captain?"

She shakes her head a bit, thinking about Arali again. "But Arali was Master Lorne's padawan. That is... a unique kind of relationship, and not always perfectly peaceful. As a stubborn being myself, though, I understand her dedication. Even if we choose to direct our efforts in different ways." It's fairly clear, and probably not surprising, that flashy exploding supersabers are not really to Tethys's taste.

"I am glad you were able to return some dignity to Varad's victims. Even knowing we were already too late to save them, mutilating them publicly was... egregious. Unnecessary. Like most things she does, of course."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:32 pm

"A man named Jax Dolross, I can't say I'm too fond of him." He replied with a shake of his head. "I tried to point out that bringing her to a warzone was a unwise decision, he didn't even understand where I was coming from. I suppose it doesn't help my opinion on the man, that the pair are likely involved sexually, and has about ten years her senior."

"I saw those two fight once, Arali and her master." Zane mused, setting aside his glass to return to the meal. "It was a sight to see, but I couldn't say I quite understood it either." It wasn't surprising, but still ne was pleased, that was at least one thing they had in common.

"Yes, I would of liked to strike while they were being put on display, but according to command it wasn't in the cards." He let his eyes seek hers for a moment, perhaps hoping to gage her reaction as he continues. "You know, I do believe she does these things to try and bury her own shame."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:48 am

“Most people who commit despicable acts are hiding from something within themselves.” As usual when thinking about Eralynn Varad, a distinct frown takes shape around her lips and eyes. “Did you find out something in particular about it? What sort of thing would shame a woman like that?”

She moves the food around on her plate a bit before remembering that this may be the nicest meal she can expect to have for a while. “Ms. Mora is of age, I believe,” she points out between bites. “If only barely. Not any younger than some of the new recruits on the Valiant Star. Though I doubt she’d pass the Republic recruiters’ psych screen.” She sets down her utensil and reaches for her glass, but twists the stem between her fingertips rather than picking it up right away. She’s obviously a very moderate drinker, though not a complete lightweight. “Half-grown tadpoles with attitude problems aren’t usually a major concern of Jedi, but this one is strong in the Force, and I believe she knows it. It's a volatile combination."

She sighs. "Perhaps I'll talk to this Captain Dolross. Good judgement or not, he may know something more."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:17 am

"When her husband died, he left her no children. At least none that I've been able to find out about, that he was killed by a joint republic and jedi taskforce didn't make things easier. If you haven't noticed she thinks of us as weak. I believe that eats at her. Though as of yet I can't say for certain."

"She is by my account. So it likely shouldn't bother me, but..." He shook his head, though he did let the subject drop, taking a few more bites of his meal instead as he listened. The way she almost picked up her glass but didn't was noted, information for a later day. "That does sound rather dangerous. I've spent enough time around force users to know at least that much."

"I'll leave that in your hands, to be honest I don't trust the man though. So if you'd like my advice, I'd be wary." He was still rather convinced the man was involved in this smuggling ring after all.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:27 am

"Mm. Be cautious around Azura, if you meet her again. She may be more on edge in dangerous situations, or around Jedi, but I don't know what she's capable of yet. She does possess a lightsaber, though she has it disguised as some other piece of equipment." Tethys sighs. "I wouldn't mind if one of the Masters were here to handle this."

Finally picking up her glass, she asks, "You think Varad is ashamed Republic soldiers were able to kill her husband?" She takes another sip as she thinks. "Considering the way she talks about them, I can well imagine she might see that as a disgrace. Though Jedi are supposed to be worthy opponents for a Mandalorian warrior." She doesn't actually roll her eyes at that, but her deeply skeptical expression conveys the same sentiment in a more dignified form.

"We already know she is trying to bait us. There must be something making her so desperate to succeed at it that she is willing to use tactics most Mandalorians consider unworthy. Without more information than we have, your guess is as good as any."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:40 am

"I'm always cautious. Miss Carrack." Zanebry replied with a certainty, so much certainty in fact that it was easy to believe that he might not be all that cautious at all. "And I'll keep all you've said in mind. I've no intention of losing any limbs to a angsty teenage girl running around with a sword made out of light." Maybe he should be more specific about which one? His lips curled into a smirk. "I guess that means I'm not the only one who gets to play jedi master?"

"I think that might very well be part of it. She seems obsessed with holding people up to impossible standards after all, to testing families. Parents must sacrifice themselves for their children,loyalty above all else. It almost makes me think her and her husband lost a child by some means, or that there is some untold tale behind his death."

"Perhaps he surrendered?" He noticed her expression and couldn't help but smirk. "There are a lot of people out there impressed by those fancy swords of yours. It's not surprising most Mandolorians think of facing a jedi a challenge. Though personally I'd be much happier to meet you on the dance floor."

"Well, easiest way to do that, is to capture a couple of those close to her, and I have a couple names of people we could try." After all the intent was to capture her, not kill her.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:16 pm

"That could be," she says, looking thoughtful between bites of food. "I know very little about the Mandalorian attitude toward children and child-bearing, or marriage. It's not one of the parts of their culture they choose to present to the rest of the galaxy. But family bonds are obviously of great significance to them." With a pensive frown, she adds, "We'd better ask some of our allied Mandalorians. If the question is not offensive to them."

"If her man surrendered to Jedi, he'd still be alive, unless something else went wrong," she points out with a wry quirk to her lips. "It's true, some see us as nothing but warriors with unusual weapons, but that is a very limited view. As I suspect you know." She cocks an eyebrow at him for just a moment. "I may not be quite prepared for it yet, but at least 'Master' is a part of my long-term plans, by the way. Unlike yours, I imagine."

"So you have names of her associates? People we might get our hands on more easily than we could Varad herself?" She leans forward slightly in her seat. "Commander Malcolm has authorized us to involve Republic personnel in this problem, and draw on some Republic funds if we need them for fact-finding."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:32 am

"Itd likely be more offensive to some then others." He admitted after a moment. He wasn't entirely certain which mandolorian would be the best to ask about such things.

Pausing to take a few bites from his own plate. "True, but it does bear looking into. Maybe we can gain access to information about the mission. Could be that he stood out in some way." That comment brought on a light laugh. "True, but that's because the galaxy would be a better place with less people like me. The idea of training someone to fill my shoes, isnt exactly a pleasant one."

"I do." He offered, leaning forward a little himself. "I've not been idle in the last few weeks. Even have a slice lined up who might be able to help us catch one of them. If the money provided is right."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:18 am

Tethys opens a hand palm-up on the tabletop. "Malcolm said he'd authorize fifteen hundred. I want in on the chase, but I don't have the first idea what slicers ask for these things, so I will have to trust to your expertise and honesty." Her lips twitch. "My instincts say you have both, when you feel like it. Even if you think the galaxy would be better off with fewer of you."

She reaches for her glass. "Though it could be you just prefer to be unique."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:25 am

"I like a woman that trusts her instincts, too many people out there that don't listen to those little voices in the back of their head." So many people always over thinking things, and never looking for the simplest answers. "I'll keep your numbers in mind though, and I've already agreed your in on the chase, so don't worry about me leaving you behind."

"Maybe so?" A soft laugh rolled forth from his lips. "That would just make me conceited though. Which just might be the case? What do you think?" He glanced down at her meal, trying to judge if she was nearly done, and it was time to move onto the next room.

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics