Local space around the Bankor system.

(D6 EN) Fate Waits for No One

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 am

Aaroth.jpg
Aaroth.jpg (16.75 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

Aaroth pulled his blade from one of the hearts of his latest victim. The zabrak had finally volunteered to fight for the freedom of his children when he had offered it weeks ago. "Notify Banshee Squadron that we have a couple of captives to free," he stated without any emotion in his tone. He cleaned his blade off on the prisoner's corpse before sheathing it. The Mandalorian of Clan Varad then grabbed the body by the throat and dragged it effortlessly to the airlock. Those kids don't need to see their father in such a state. The chamber's contents were sent into space and all that was left was to have one of the labor droids attend to the visceral.

The warrior went on his way to the bridge to meet with his commander, Eralynn Varad. He did his best to suppress his doubts. He had no care for the men he had slain, no regrets. Her mental state was of concern. Her capacity as leader, therefore, was also in question.

A few years ago, she was an unambitious woman. His comrade, Zarren, had always said that her talents were wasted due to contentment. Her former husband had believed that together they could conquer systems. But all she had wanted was a family.

"Eralynn, another captive sacrificed his life for the sake of his family."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Re: (D6 EN) Fate Waits for No One

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:26 am

The woman was brooding over a tactical map of the planet. Her shoulders were tense, her grip on the table would suffocate a man. "I see. Did he plead for mercy?" she asked. She then shook her head. "Nevermind. I have no use for such information." She reached for her ne'tra gal but her retainer kept a hand over it. "What are you doing?"

"This is part of my responsibility to the clan. We are planning for our next operation and there is no room for distractions." He crossed his arms. "I am sure you are aware of the reports regarding their morale?"

Eralynn glowered. "They fear such tactics, Aaroth. Not you too."

"I am not chastising you any perceived cruelty. The Republic deserves nothing more."' He picked up the mug farther away from her. "I promised Zarren-"

"Do not speak his name upon my ship!" The woman pulled her hands back from the table and took a breath. If she had been wearing her armor, her fury would have crushed the ends of the table.

Her retainer did not acknowledge her outburst outwardly. "The hardship has only brought the Resistance and the Republic closer together. They are now more emboldened than ever." The man gave a wry grin. "All the better for the war."

A holocall interrupted their exchange. The commander looked at the signal and then glanced up at Aaroth. "Leave me." He obeyed without question.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Re: (D6 EN) Fate Waits for No One

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:43 am

Keilynn.jpg
Keilynn.jpg (33.65 KiB) Viewed 2329 times

"Su cuy'gar, ori'vod." Keilynn smiled, a genuine one, and brushed some loose hair out of her face. "The campaign there has become quite the spectacle. Clan Rodarch has decided to join the fray."

The warlord straightened up her posture and stared at her sister. Her lips were in a straight line. They had been close, once, but her departure from the clan had created a natural rift between them. "I never requested your aid, nor do I require it."

"Oh, do not be so silly. It is not a commentary on your ability, ori'vod. My husband and I simply decided that it would be an excellent battlefield to participate in." She gave a soft shrug. "Our pets could use sentient prey to hunt. They need the experience." She then narrowed her eyebrows at her sister. "Teeth? So the rumors are true."

The older sister glared back. "I do not need to explain myself to you."

"Of course not. You always knew better than me," Keilynn countered with a slight frown. Of the two of them, Eralynn had been the favorite daughter. The other siblings, adopted orphans of war, had at least been beneath both, even if family was more than blood. "You ignored my calls until now, ori'vod. Why answer now?"

Eralynn's demeanor softened and she lowered her eyes. For a brief moment, she gawked at the teeth worn on her. Even on her ship, among her own people, in casual clothing, she still wore the trophies. She looked back up to her sister with a solemn smile. "I couldn't say."
Nekoinu

Forum Statistics