Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: Seabreeze. (Day 5 Mid Evening, Three Drinks)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am

"I think your opinion of yourself is high in more areas than it's low. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. And I don't think you're an unrealistic man." Still smiling just slightly, she sets down her utensils, having done a pretty good job of cleaning her plate. "If you have other Jedi friends, you must already know what instinct means to us."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:36 am

"People have different opinions of instincts, but generally they think its the force guiding them." He responded easily, Baesal had said something along that line earlier in the day.

"Me, I think it's my collective experience sending me warnings about things I might not consciously notice." Zane continued as he rose from his chair to start to clear the plates.

Hus eyes flicked up towards hers, a smile on his lips. "I've not got much skill in baking, so you're going to have to settle for a cocktail for dessert."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:46 am

"I'd prefer that in any case, actually." She slides her chair back from the table, mindful of her skirt. "Where I grew up, sugars aren't used much in cooking. I've never developed a taste for very sweet things, though I have tried," she admits. "I'm told that if you like them, they're one of the great consolations attending diplomatic functions."

As Zanebry starts to clear the plates, she turns her body slightly in her chair and puts a hand on the chair back as if she's about to get up. "Can I help you with those?"
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 am

That brought a smile to his lips, he could come to appreciate a woman who preferred cocktails over dessert. "I'm a bit similar, though for entirely different reasons. Mother was rather strict about our diets when we were lmyoung. Sugary snacks were a rarity at best, so I never developed the craving."

He paused to regard her for a moment, a beautiful woman in a gorgeous dress. "Usually I'd say no, but as I imagine you'd fidget if I declined." A small pause. "I'll allow it, but expect for me to offer you my arm to export you into the common room."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:33 am

Tethys cocks an eyebrow. "Me, fidget? I hope not. I'd be at least a small disappointment to the youngling teachers on Coruscant." Rising to her feet, she begins gently collecting the empty glasses. "But I do prefer to be a useful guest." And it will be interesting to get a look into the ship's galley of a man who cooks his own vegetarian meals, but also smokes tabac and goes to the beach in pressed shirt and tie.

"My foster family weren't very strict, but after I left home I realized they had an unfair advantage. It's easier to raise a healthy human child when your planet produces very little in the way of refined sugars or saturated fats." She smiles slightly. "There were still salty treats, though."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:58 am

"Yes, you strike me as the type that fidgets when they think no one is looking." The tall man replied, offering a teasing smile back in her direction. "I could be wrong though." Having finished collecting the various other dishes: plates, bowls, and silverware neatly stacked to carry. He led the way into the small kitchen. It was orderly as one would expect, and even though a meal had just been prepared it was still rather clean. Odds and ends of vegetables had been swept into trash receptacles as a matter of course.

The biggest problem she might find, is that in design it was really made for just one, and the two of them together made it somewhat cramped. "I'll have to remember your preference in the future." He said half to himself, as he began clearing the plates. "You could load those into there." The man indicated a washing device that opened right behind his back.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:15 am

Fortunately she's slender for her height, but all the same it's inevitably slightly awkward getting things into the cleaning unit. She ends up sliding it open just partway and loading things toward the front, after which she retreats back into the kitchen doorway where she'll be more or less out of the way while he does anything that requires knowing the layout of the storage cabinets.

"If it's only when no one's looking, you will never know anyway," she says, amused.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:24 am

It didn't take long, the cleaning for the most part was done by machine, and soon enough, he was gesturing for her to exit the kitchen, and offering her his arm. "Oh, I'd know." His free hand came up to tap a place over his heart. "Right here."

"I can see it now, you sitting all regal in your chair, softly biting your lip, as your fingers drum on your knees. Eyes flicking back and forth for a moment, before you calm yourself as you hear my foot steps approaching."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:14 am

"You have a very detailed imagination." Her cool hand settles lightly on his arm. "I'm almost sorry to disappoint you."

Her fingers don't fidget at all as he leads the way into the other room. But that's only to be expected.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:33 am

Zane placed his free hand over hers, as he started to slowly stroll towards the common room. "Well, I've come to terms with some degree of disappointment in most things. That you don't fidget is only a minor one."

"Now if you don't dance, that's another thing altogether." The common room was a comfortable looking space, with two couches and a chair. A large coffee table sat between the three, and a bar was positioned on the opposite wall. The colors were muted tones in the the warmer spectrum, deep reds and burgandies, interlaced with earth tones. As they entered, he let go of her arm, allowing the woman to find a seat, as he drifted over to the bar.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 am

She arranges herself on one end of the central couch, partly as a sort of experiment to see where he'll place himself relative to her. "I don't dance often, or especially well. Though I have picked up the steps of the major social dances from the Core Worlds, as well as some Quarren, Falleen, Chadra-Fan, Bothan..." she trails off, shaking her head with a quiet laugh. "Many beings are less intimidated by a Jedi who dances badly than one who stands in a shadowy corner holding up the walls, strangely enough."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 am

"Mmmm..." Was the simple answer as she explained her skills in dancing, or as it was lack thereof. "It seems you made it to quite a few places as a padawan, Miss Carrack." He mused as he started mixing the cocktails, quite unsure what she might like.

"Though I I'd much rather come across a jedi that danced well." He pursed his lips. "In all my years imi think I've only come across one."

Drinks done he strolled over, presenting the woman with a lovely lavender colored drink, before taking a seat on the corner of the coffee table closest to her. "I hope it's to your liking."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:04 am

"We do have a lot of other things to occupy our time, for better or worse," she points out, accepting the drink with a smile and a raised eyebrow. "Thank you. Hm. It's very... purple."

She takes a cautious sip. "Oh. It's not as sweet as it looks." Which, from her expression, is a positive quality.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 am

"That would explain why around eighty percent of Jedi are rather hopeless on the dance floor... At least by my count" His lips curled into a wry smile. "Not that there isn't a certain amount of charm to that."

"I thought you'd enjoy that part of it." He brought his glass to his lips, and took a small sip, a bit of amusement dancing behind his eyes. "Its called a water lily, if you're ever interested in try one again."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:10 am

“A pretty name.” Tethys considers her cocktail glass with a quiet smile. “That reminds me of something I’ve been curious about since you invited me here. Why Three Drinks?” She lifts her glass a bit and adds, “I’m beginning to understand the drink part. But why not four, or two?”
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:02 am

"If you don't mind a bit of a cheesy line, I thought it described you perfectly." He offered a bit of amusement hiding behind his smile, as he watched her look over the drink. "Oh that." a hand moved up to rub at his neck from where he sat across from her. "It's something I heard a while back, a bit of a saying. At one drink you're just started, at two you start to relax, the third finally puts you at ease."

"If more people could sit down and have three drinks together, maybe we could solve a lot more of our problems." He smirked. "If not that's kinda where I come in... solving problems."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 am

"Hm." Tethys assimilates this explanation along with another sip of her drink. "That is one possible outcome." She quirks an eyebrow. "The other possibility could be one enormous cantina brawl. But there's some camaraderie forged that way as well, after all."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:32 am

"The last cantina brawl I was in, was because someone didn't like how I danced with a Sith Lord. Sith lady?." Zane mused. "Sadly there was no alcohol at all involved."

"I suppose you make a good point, I'd also point out that brawls seldom seem anyone dead though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 am

"Seldom isn't never, unfortunately." Tethys shrugs one shoulder. "Especially on frontier planets... whoever said that an armed society is a polite one had never been on Ord Mantell." Her wry expression perhaps speaks to experience... of some kind.

"Dancing with a Sith?" She gives him a rather quizzical look. "You continue to surprise me, Mr. Varliss."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 am

"You're right about that." Zanebry replied with a soft laugh. "Maybe one day you'll tell me that story." It at least seemed like there was one, a look like that at least said that much.

"Yes, though I earned a lecture about it later." Naveera had been quite cross with him. "Lord Ralnorrei was an attractive woman though, and skilled on the floor." He raised his glass to his lips. "Maybe bot as good as Arali, but I don't like to compare." He pursed his lips. "I am curious what about it you find so surprising?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:32 am

"Several things." Her raised eyebrow suggests this seems obvious to her. "I don't particularly associate lords of the Sith with social dancing in cantinas, nor brawling... well, at least not nonlethally." She punctuates this observation with another small sip of the mysterious purple drink. "And while you may be an independent operator, it's more or less clear on which side of the galaxy your sympathies lie. I have to wonder where in the worlds you went to find an attractive Sith Lord to dance with." The corners of her lips twitch a bit.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 am

"You want to know all my secrets then?" He replied a playful smile on his lips. "I suppose I could comply, in a condition." He reached hand up to stoke his well manicured beard. "A night out dancing, just the two of us. Or a secret of your own."

'I'll let you pick you preference." He asked as she leaned forward, eyes drifting towards hers. Rather curious as to what her choice might be.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:54 am

Tethys appears to think this over seriously. "I doubt I have any true secrets you'd find especially interesting. Things that aren't generally known, yes, but things I care to conceal? Not really. Which means there is little about me a man with your connections couldn't find out, if you wanted to." With some amusement in her eyes, she adds, "And I've already told you how well I dance. I almost wonder if I have anything you would consider worth bargaining for."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:47 am

"Things are worth different amounts to different people, Miss Carrack." He offered with a soft chuckle. "And while I could find most things about you out if I put my mind to it, I'd much prefer to hear it from your lips."

Amusement dances behind his eyes as he continue.
"Seeing as you're still unsure if will be worth my time though, I'll add some caveats. If its dancing, it will be in a dress of my choosing, though you can suggest the color. If it's a secret. I'll ask if you've ever kissed a man, and if so what his name is."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:55 am

Tethys shakes her head slightly--clearly not a gesture of refusal, just bemusement. "Then, if you don't consider it a bad bargain... of the two, dancing sounds like better fun to me. I might even learn something useful. Rather like sparring with a better-skilled partner." With a brief, quiet laugh, she adds, "You're welcome to keep seeking your other answers in the usual way. Though I can't think of the last time someone took so much interest in my social life."
Tethys Carrack

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics