I fear no evil [D8, MM]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:13 pm

And so...

...the team neared its destination.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Re: I fear no evil [D8, MM]

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:26 pm

The approach to the hidden facility is treacherous with bogs and a dense mist surrounding the grounds. Out of the bog rose a step pyramid mired with overgrowth and vegetation. Outside of the step pyramid there is what looks like a courtyard, with massive pillars some four meters thick and some twenty meters or so high though many are shattered and only half that height.

In the courtyard is a black sleek Imperial ship, a sleek model that meshes the design of a fighter with a freighter, there is a serious feeling of foreboding as they approach the site…

OOC: Fear check please, Cool or Discipline, at Daunting with two upgrades, so 2 challenge dice and 2 difficulty dice. Don’t forget Fever checks as well, except for Layne who is immune.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Baesal was careful in the extreme when they approached their destination and yet the place's crushing aura made her shake uncontrollably in her seat.

''This place...is bad'' she whispered before noticing the ship

''He's here, the Sith spy.''

Dark temple fear check: 1eA+1eP+2eD+2eC 2 failures, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Layne tried to steel herself against that feeling of foreboding, to no avail, fear imposed itself on her nonetheless.

"Get ready," she said through gritted teeth, "looks like someone beat us to it..."

Assuming she had time, and the fear wasn't paralyzing, Layne released her shield remote on the ground as she herself stepped out of the vehicle. She would also call upon the force, strengthening her body and senses.

"You should stay back, doc."

Fear Check (DESTINY): 1eP+2eA+2eD+2eC 3 failures, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(assuming not paralyzed with fear: activating shield remote, and commiting FR to Brawl and Sense for 2 strain... can the advantage be used to heal 1 of those strain?)
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:57 pm

Doctor Rexa nodded, “I will stand by here… this place is filled with something… just stay in contact and let me know when it is all clear.”

OOC: odd roll but Vasir is successful but still terrified.

Doctor Vasir - Discipline vs Fear - Confidence 2: 4eP+1eA+2eC 1 success, 3 advantage, 1 Despair
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:59 pm

"Then we'll be ready," Tethys says through gritted teeth, though she doesn't feel so great...

--

Well, shit. I got through Resilience in the EM scene, but if this scene needs a new one... does that Advantage help at all? :?
D8 MM--still no plague plz, Resilience vs Average. Boost from respirator, flipping Destiny because plague is bad mmmkay: 1eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

D6 MM--fear check, even odds...: 2eP+2eA+2eC+2eD 0 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lunda Mae » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Lunda shivered and then ignited her lightsaber, it hummed with a blue-green glow. She nodded to Layne, “Lead the way.”

OOC: Lunda knows no Fear. Tethys can get a boost die for her Resilience check.

Lunda - Cool vs Fear: 2eP+1eA+2eC+2eD 1 success, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Tethys leaves her lightsaber on her belt for now, but Lunda's confidence steadies her stomach a bit. Maybe it was just nerves after all.

---
D8 EM--boost die for Resilience from Lunda...?: 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage

Hah, thank you, baby Padawan. That transforms the Resilience check into 1 success, 2 Advantage.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Baesal raised a hand after she got out

''No...the ship first'' she took some time to breathe ''Let's put a tracker and sabotage the hyperdrive''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Tethys glances from Baesal to Layne. "How long will that take? The pilot may be doing something in there we should not delay stopping."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Lord_scourge.png
Lord_scourge.png (61.99 KiB) Viewed 10107 times

As they approach the ship they see a figure break through the mists a single figure walking languidly towards the ship. His presence is immediate and dark, there is no mistaking him for anything but a true Sith Blood and more importantly there was no mistaking the shadow of the Dark Side of a Lord of the Sith. His armor is jet black and layered, standing at two meters in height, his cape fluttered lightly in the suddenly cold breeze. The taste of blood on your lips.

He does not seem concerned at the presence of the Jedi and said as he continued walking, “Step away from my ship, I have no quarrel with you, Jedi.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Baesal was confused at first...but she knew that this could be a trick

''Are you real or an illusionary mask hiding Dynos?'' she said with a glance at Layne, picking up her shield and Ionsaber

(OOC: can I try a seek move to track Dynos or pierce through an illusion?)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:23 pm

OOC: Roll Force for Seek or a Discipline check at Average for the illusion.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:26 pm

Tethys gives the towering Sith a skeptical look. Of course, she always looks a bit like that. "Who are you supposed to be, exactly?"

She does unclip her lightsaber now, however.

---
D6 MM--one of my illuuuusions! Avg. Discipline +Fear setback: 2eP+2eA+2eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage

If I can do the roll and not just Baesal, I'll pass a boost to the next person with that Advantage.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Calmed by Tethy's presence, Baesal tries to focus her senses but the result is...

Pierce the Illusion, destiny: 2eP+2eD 0 successes
ImageImageImageImagePierce the Illusion, destiny (setback): 1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
ImagePierce the Illusion, destiny (tethy's boost): 1eB 1 success
(one success, one threat!)
Last edited by Baesal Zyn on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:34 pm

OOC: As far as they can tell, he is not an illusion. More importantly, both Baesal and Layne recognize the Emperor's Wrath.
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 pm

The Togruta's eyes widen significantly

''The Emperor's Wrath'' she wisps out
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:42 pm

((would "the Emperor's Wrath" be meaningful to someone from outside the Empire?))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:42 pm

OOC: Lore or Outer Rim at Average.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:43 pm

If he was an illusion, Layne could not tell. The wrath. In the flesh. There was fear. The near certainty of defeat should they engage him.

Yet still she stepped forward, hoping perhaps... that what little rapport she had built with him on Korriban still mattered.

"It's been some time," she said, trying to sound anything but confrontational. "I wondered if we'd ever meet again."

Discipline to see through illusion (setback ignored): 3eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Whatever Baesal is muttering about doesn't ring any bells for Tethys, but she continues to keep a wary eye on the Sith anyway. Layne may as well do the talking, since she seems to know him.

--
D8 MM--Average Lore w/ Fear setback for the big red guy: 1eP+2eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:59 pm

The Sith lord looked at the human and said, “If you are alive, then I doubt we have met, Jedi.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Baesal follows up Layne's lead an approaches carefully...she was not intimidating in the least in the first place.
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Layne frowned. Perhaps he had forgotten. Such a thing was entirely possible. And if that was so, then revealing her past was an incredible risk. But this was too important. If he had destroyed the information... or otherwise aimed to stop them... she needed to try and reason with him.

"I am Layne Hoshin," she said, "descendant of Ajunta Pall's champion, Lord Oshin. Formerly the Sword of Darth Baras and known as the Little Wrath."

Perhaps that'll jog his memory.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:19 pm

The Emperor’s Wrath continued walking forward and said, “Oh… the child. I figured you were dead. That would have been a better fate than the shackles of the Jedi.”

“Leave this place, child. You will find nothing but ashes and your doom. Now step away from my ship or die where you stand.”

He was close enough to strike now if any dared.
Dapper Dog

Next
Forum Statistics