Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

[D8 ME] Promises, Promises

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:21 am

Jax went looking for a particular man who wore a particular hat. Jax spotted the Three Drinks in the non-alliance hangar and approached it hoping Z was in as he wanted to get this business sorted out fairly quickly. He walked up with his hands in his pockets his body language clearly more tense that usual. His ever present casual smile was missing as he approached the man's ship and hit the ringer to see if he was in.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Re: [D8 ME] Promises, Promises

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:42 am

It took a moment to get a reply, though it did seem like Jax was lucky, Zane was indeed in. "This is Zane, how can I help you?" Came the voice from the intercom above the ringer. Apparently he was at least a little preoccupied.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:47 am

"Zane its Jax, Niall told me to talk to you." his voice wasn't obviously hushed but it was quieter than he normally spoke.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:52 am

"Alright, I'll open the door, come on in." Zane replied, repressing the urge to sigh. "I'll be in the common room in a few moments, I'm sure you can find your way there. so make yourself comfortable."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 am

"Thanks." Jax said as the door slid open to permit him into the ship. Z was right Jax had a pretty easy time finding his way around, Jax noticed the bar near the common area and rummaged through it for a bit and then took a seat.

When Zane cam ein he would see Jax on the couch with a glass in hand, an amber liquid inside. he sat forward with his elbows on his knees looking down into the glass.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 am

"You look like you have something on your mind." Zane said thoughtfully as he walked into the common room from one of the connecting hallways. "Anything I can help you with?" " He asked as he moved across the room towards the bar.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:27 am

Jax looked up at Z "Yeah Niall says your the man to talk about keeping some things hidden." he looks around the ship "I assume its safe to talk about" there was a pause "sensitive subjects here?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:09 am

"Probably as safe as anywhere else in the camp." Zane observed as he mixed himself a drink. "Likely a lot safer then some." He turned to face the other man. "You have something to keep hidden though? I assume you're going to tell me what it is exactly?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:59 am

Jax looked at the other man for a moment. He sat back and took a sip of his drink, he crossed one leg over the other letting the ankle of his left leg rest on his right knee. "For both our sakes I hope this place is safer then the rest of camp." He finally said "I'm working with you and Niall on these missing supplies, I was involved in their relocation and Niall wants my information and help. In exchange I get immunity, however he doesn't want to turn in that kind of paper work and your name came up as someone who could hold on to it."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:32 pm

"You almost make yourself sound like the good guy, Jax." Zane mused as he took a sip from his drink. "You didn't relocate the goods Jax, you aided in their theft. Something you were likely well compensated for, if I'm not wrong."

The glass was sat back on the bar. "I dont suppose now that you've turned over a new leaf, that you're going to donate those profits to the resistance? Good men and women likely died from the part you played in this after all. People who might if lived if you came forward weeks ago."

"Putting that aside though." He looked the man over for a moment. "Before we get started I should make something clear. You aren't working with me, not now or ever. At best I'll consider you someone working for Niall."

"I will lend the Captain my aide though, from what you said I assume he wants me to hold the paperwork about your agreement? To keep it somewhere safe until the trial?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Jax smirked "good guy, bad guy I'm just trying to survive someone once told me you can't use black and white words to paint the realities of this galaxy." He took a sip "I don't think I'm a good guy or a hero but I like to think i do the right thing when i can, which is why im here now. You want to hold my past actions against me go ahead. I don't really give a shit what you call me as long as you don't get me killed. Rolling on people like this is dangerous. I did a job for an old friend that ended up being dirtier than I like, i may be a smuggler but I have rules and she broke one."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:57 pm

Zane almost rolled his eyes, but he repressed the urge, taking a sip from his glass instead. "Now that we more or less understand each other. What is it you need from me."

"In detail if you please."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Jax looked over at Z "Well you had the right of it, we figured you'd be the best man for keeping documents safe. On top of that we were thinking you and I could put our heads together on a way for me to communicate with you guys regularly without raising too many eyebrows."

He paused then "also for a personal thing I wanted to get your measure of Niall. You've known him longer than I have, can he really take these guys down? I'm putting a lot of faith in you guys."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:46 pm

"Well, we've already fucked things up from the start, but I'll see about hiding that information. As for transferring further information, it would be better if you weren't involved at all. Not that they dont already know that you're working for Niall, but we don't want to make it anymore obvious. Azura won't do either, at least not for passing things to me or Niall."

He paused thoughtfully. "So, what you do is have her pass it to someone else. There is a fellow named Garth Wayne on the base, I'll have a chat with him. If Azura can get information to him, he'll pass it along to whoever needs it." The cocktail made it's way to his lips. "I'd like to use a deaddrop, but without a couple hundred credits, and a trip to Rygir that isn't happening. So do it the old fashioned way, with a bit of subterfuge."

"Oh, Niall will put them away if anyone can. You just need to keep your head down. Don't go making unscheduled visits to my ship, or chat with us any more then you have before, dont mention you're working for Niall to anyone. At this point they'll be pretty sure you sold out, but we want to avoid them being certain about it "

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 pm

Jax nodded "I'll talk to Azura about it, I'm sure she'll throw a fit but she'll do it. I hate to get Garth mixed up in this too, he's a good kid, but I guess it can't be helped."

"I can gather from the way you talk to me that it's unlikely that we'll ever be friends but you seem like a professional so when the chips are down I assume I'll be able to count on you to have my back?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm

"Aye, that would be nice, but at this point it can't be helped." They had too many eyes on them to risk dead drops in all likelihood.

"Ah, that's where you aren't quite correct Jax, he can be friends. The type that meet at the bar, chat, have a couple drinks together. It's just I won't work with you, in a professional manner after this." He picked up his cup, but didn't drink yet. "I like you well enough, but you're a fighter pilot that likes to think he is a smuggler. You're too unpredictable for me to ask for anything. I will have your back though, at least as long as this lasts."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:31 pm

Jax nodded taking a sip from the glass "I can't say I agree with your assessment I've been smuggling longer than I was flying fighters but I understand if you're not comfortable trusting me. Though it's good to know I can still grab a drink with one the few other people on this base that appreciates a good whiskey." he said with a half grin.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:18 pm

"In my opinion it's got nothing at all to do with time, Jax. A fighter pilot is likely what you want to be, at least deep down in some corner of your heart. It's why you're here asking for a bit of advice on being discreet."

He brought his glass to his lips to take a sip. "We can, though it's best done after all of this is over."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:29 pm

Jax shrugged "I can smuggle things get them from A to B largely undetected. I don't usually deal with secret dealings and spy stuff I deal in negotiations and moving product, occasionally a little sweet talk and greased palms that's my wheel house." he spoke casually "You want something somewhere quickly and discreetly you'll have a hard time finding someone better at it."

Jax took another sip "So did I disturb something? You sounded busy when I rang you."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:35 am

"This is far from the only thing I'm working on, Jax. I've got a fairly full plate all things considered." He offered the man a smile. "Unfortunately I will have to leave things there, I can't go telling just anyone about all that I'm up to."

"Do you have that chip of you?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:36 am

"Oh Zane always such a man of mystery, you're probably just hiding a pretty girl in those quarters." Jax said with a grin as he fished it out of his pocket. "I have a spot on my ship it might be safe but it'll likely be safer with you as I bet you're less likely to get shaken down for it."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:49 pm

"Maybe even two." He offered with a sly smile. "Though either way my it's my business not yours." Walking across the room, he held out his hand for the chip.

"I'll keep it as safe as I can, as you dmsaid there is less chance of them shaking me down, then you getting shaken down."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:56 am

Jax placed the chip into Zane's hand "well I suppose that's true I wouldn't dream of prying into your business too hard." he said with a casual smile as he sat back and sipped his drink.

"So how do you and the captain know eachother? You seem to have a lot of faith in the guy. That type of thing only comes from a trial by fire."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:44 am

"So you tell me you have no intention of prying into my business, and then follow that up by prying into my business?" Zane asked a amused expression on his face. "We met through work, and maintained a relationships of sort afterwards."

"Anything other then that, well you can ask Niall abut it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 am

"to be fair I said 'too hard' I don't consider a casual question to be prying very hard at all." he said returning the expression. "but I suppose I will have to do just that, Niall is a bit more talkative than you tend to be. Though I suppose if you were the talkative type it would ruin your whole shroud of mystery."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Next
Forum Statistics