Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: Hello Nurse! (D9, Early Evening, Three Drinks)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:20 am

She was a little curious what he considered dorky reading and what was not, but maybe she'd save that question for another time. And she was more occupied with not being flustered over his hinting at what else he liked to do.

"Hmm... maybe you just need to experience sunrises in a more positive way?" Lyseil suggested. "It was a hard call for me to decide on the two, since sunrises can be beautiful with how they make it seem like the world is waking up. At least when you see it on the Apalis Coast... it's really pretty. You should come see it some time." She realised she might be sounding like a broken travel-advisor record at some point, but after having seen other planets on the Outer Rim, Lyseil was convinced that her homeworld of Alderaan was one of those beautifully preserved pearls among the Core-planets, as it was among the few who had gone to great lengths to preserve the world's nature.

Some might call the Alderaanians bleeding heart conservationists for it though, but the results spoke for themselves.

Like we are getting to know eachother... no, no, stop that thought right there, Lys! You're getting to know eachother, but that's waaay too fast!

Lyseil chewed her lower lip in thought. "You know, I haven't been on too many dates to answer that one easily," there was a shyness to her mannerism as she smoothed out her hair and tucked it behind her ear. "I guess... being somewhere private together? I don't feel like a date needs an audience, so to speak. I remember the few dates I've been on, going to popular restaurants and such, I always feel like it's too many people around a lot of the time, so you don't really get to relax and be yourself with your date."

She breathed out with some relief at her answer as it had been a bit hard for her to formulate properly. "What about you? You've probably been on a lot of dates, so you probably have a favorite type too?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:23 am

It was a bit hard for Zane, to keep his distance, usually he would of actually attempt something by now, even if it was only a touch. She was Niall's girlfriend though, more or less. Though there was a degree of complexity there he didn't really want to get into. Still there was something nice about this, and just being himself.

"Perhaps..." He trailed off for a moment. "It might take me a while though." A little honesty might be appropriate here. "Dead friends come to mind most of the time I look at them." He shook his head. "Who knows though, perhaps seeing the ones on Alderaan might be good for me." Zane left out the line that came to mind along with that. Something about the air in the room seemed to change, and it was likely better left unsaid.

It was cute, the way she played with her hair, and the slight bit of shyness in her movements was not something he was used to seeing. "I suppose that true, it's hard to get to know someone when you're under the eyes of others. I'd never talk this much about myself if we were elsewhere after all."

"Now, I'm curious about how many dates you think I've been on. Though I won't make you answer that, unless you want to." He paused a moment. "As you've probably come to know, I enjoy dancing, and taking ladies out dancing. I suppose more then that though, I think I like planning the dates around what a lady might like?" He glanced in her direction, a smile on his lips. "An evening walking the beach, might be a pleasant time I could spend with you. Having a picnic as the sun sets, maybe a few glasses of wine... A cheery fire if we wanted to linger after the sun set." Zane shook his head. "That might be a little off from what you might like though."

"On to questions though." He brought his hand to his chin thoughtfully. "Favorite food?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:51 am

"I won't say how many I think it is," she retorted with a touch of playfulness to her tone, "but I feel certain that it's more than my own tally."

There was something... that did draw her in with what he was saying of the kind of date he liked, and how he would spend it with you. She wasn't quite aware herself how she was leaning in closer as she listened to him speak, until she noticed the closer proximity. "No, no... that..." she cleared her throat, "that does sound rather nice, actually. Never had a date like that, but it sounds very nice. Like the kind of thing I'd really enjoy with someone I like."

Realising how close she'd been leaning, Lyseil averted her gaze down to her drink. "Ah... this is a little... uhm, awkward?" she shook her head a little. "Sorry. I'm enjoying myself, I really am. It's not often I sit down and talk like this with someone, and... well, I've certainly gotten to know you a little better, I feel."

There was something on her mind, very obviously, but she wasn't quite voicing it yet - and instead accepted the small escape of answering the question. "Maybe a strange answer, but my favorite food is trying something new I haven't had before. Apart from that, I have a hard time settling on a favorite."

Whatever was on her mind, it occupied it enough to keep her from thinking of a question in return, and she took a deep drink from her glass.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 am

A bit on laughter danced behind his eyes, as he replied.
"Most likely." By how much though? That was left to the imagination.

Zane wanted to ask her to go with him, when he visited Aldeeran, but there more then one or two hurdles that would need to be crossed for that. "Maybe you will one day then, when you are sure of the person you'll go with." It would very likely be Niall. It wasn't a very pleasant thought for Z, but the Captain deserved some happiness.

A soft sigh escaped his lips. "I think I know what you mean." His hand reached across the space between them, hesitantly hovering a few inches from her cheek, before he let it fall away. "And while I love every moment of this, its probably wiser that we save any more questions for another time." If ever. "Perhaps when things are a little less complicated."

Seeing a way to segueway into another topic, he smiled adding a bit of humor into his tone. "I suppose that's how you learned about how badly drawback tastes?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Do you ever find anything good that way?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 am

It was perhaps a bit unexpected of an unexpected move from her, but as Zanebry let his hand fall away, Lyseil reached up and gently curled her fingers around his palm. "Yes... when things are less complicated," she nodded, sighing softly.

"Sorry... it's just all a little strange for me. I hadn't seen Niall in quite some time, and I mostly remembered him as the goofy older brother to a friend. I didn't really plan on starting to kind of date him, but not really dating him at the same time either, since he's got this other woman he doesn't know if he can be with or not." Her lips quirked in a half-smile. "Sheesh, I guess that sounds a bit pathetic from my side of things, doesn't it?"

His change to a more humoristic tone at least made her laugh and put her at ease again, and she gave his hand a warm squeeze before loosening her grasp. "Yes-yes, that's how I learned how terrible dewback tastes. Jawas eat it from time to time, and well, they were probably being friendly when they wanted us to eat some of their food after trading supplies. But... there's been some interesting surprises in trying food on other planets. Hm, I think Aryx from Cerea might've been some of the nicest fowl I have ever eaten. They're a large, domesticated avian that the Cereans use for transport, as they as a world focused on agriculture and conservation, they tend to steer away from more modern transports near important locations."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:58 am

It was unexpected though, he didn't argue, as he let his hand rest in hers. Her fingers were rougher then he imagined, though he'd already experienced a little of that.

"Not particularly, I dont think you can ever tell where life might take you, especially when it comes to matters of the heart." He'd certainly made far worse decisions on that road then she had. "And Niall is a good guy, attractive, and in good shape." His smile turned a bit teasing. "He certainly has more muscles then me, so it's okay. No matter how it works out you'll have learned something."

He didn't try to remove his hand from her grasp, but it did move as Zane tried to interlace his fingers with hers. His laughter joined hers as their talk continued "I don't know if I'd have that kind of courage. Though to be honest after spending so much time on Nar Shaddaa, I'm mostly a vegetarian anyways."

"You do make the Aryx seem like something to try though, and Cerea is one of the places I've never been." There were more then that of course, but there was no need to name them all. "It does sound like a nice place to visit though, I dont visit many places focused on conservation and agriculture. I've always been more a city type of guy."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:27 am

His words did put her at ease, reminding her that no matter what happened she would still have a friend in Niall. And in the end, what made him happy was good.

Besides, the most daring thing she had done with was kiss and even that had been very restrained. So she felt she hadn't ruined things for the mysterious jedi lady either.

"You almost sound jealous when you say it like that," Lyseil teased and let their fingers interlace together.

"A vegetarian, huh? Interesting. Not what I would have expected, at least not on Nar Shaddaa, seeing how it's such an urban world, no? In that case, you'll probably enjoy Cerea as most of the meals served there is vegetarian. Aryx and other types of meat tend to be more for when they have visitors." She paused a little so as to not come on too much with her trivia knowledge. "I think you'd like Cerea and Alderaan. They have some similarities, but most of all it's... well, unique. Probably very different from where you grew up I wager, and very different from Nar Shaddaa."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:16 am

"Maybe I am, but just a touch." He looked her way an amused smile on his lips. "Though I trust you won't share that with our mutual friend... I suppose I've just never had much luck keeping on anything in the way of muscle mass, and there a few things a little extra muscle helps with."

"Well the thing about Nar Shaddaa is often enough you can't be certain about what you are really eating, as far as meats go. And there are a lot of proprietors that aren't took picky about where they buy from, or how old the product is." He'd been sick more then once in his early days there. It was with a little hesitation he brought up the next topic, he didn't want to disgust her but she should likely know. "Then there are the back alley tales about how sentients occasionally make it into pots. So in the long run I just found being a vegetarian the wiser of the two choices."

He smiled as he let his thumb run over the top of her hand. They weren't supposed ot be doing this, with things so complicated, but he really couldn't help himself. "I do eat meat though, and if we ever found ourselves on Cerea, I think I'd like to try some Aryx with you..." eyes on her, he followed up with another question. "Does Aldeeran have any of your favorite dishes? All I've really ever tried from there were some wines."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 pm

"I promise I won't tell," she chuckled as she saw the amusement in his smile.

Her nose wrinkled slightly in distaste at the thought of what was basically cannibalism, but from what she had heard of Nar Shaddaa, it didn't really surprise her too much either. "Goodness," Lyseil murmured, "I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever go there. It makes sense when you put it like that though... I just didn't think it was that bad there." Not quite the cesspool of the galaxy... but close enough.

She released a pleasant sigh in response to his touch, though it also made a lot of thoughts go through her head. "Hm, yes, I'd say so... a lot of nice pasta dishes, and rainbow-salmon. Guess I should say I've never been a picky eater," a grin came easily to her for a brief moment, before her eyes lowered to their hands.

"... I probably should get going." The tone of her voice almost made it sound like a question. "Even if I am enjoying myself talking like this."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:07 pm

"Thanks for that. I wouldn't want Niall to pass out from the shock of it or something." He teased.

"Honestly its probably worse then you think." He shook his head. "One of Eralynn's men was an old Hutt enforcer, he was in charge of pacifying the masses. I'm sure you can imagine what that might entail." Zane trailed off for a moment, playing with the idea of bringing her hand to his lips. "It has its charm too though, somewhere under all the grime. Honestly, I still go back and visit from time to time."
He smiled as she spoke, watching the excitement that lit her eyes as she spoke of the dishes of her homeland. "Id like you to stay, but that would likely be wise." There was a bit of regret in his tone as he spoke. "I don't know how much longer I can go without trying to kiss you." He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "And we should probably avoid that."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:36 pm

"I'm not sure I want to imagine it... Hutts have a reputation, one I've been happy to not have seen confirmed in person," she shuddered briefly at the thought. "Still, I guess I would like to see Nar Shaddaa someday? Just because it's such a unique place in the galaxy, it would kind of be odd not to visit at some point."

A part of her wanted to ask if Nar Shaddaa was his home, or where his family was, but... then she'd end up staying even longer. There would hopefully be other chances to talk. And with his comment of kissing her, Lyseil couldn't help but to blush. "Yes... we probably should," she nodded, and cleared her throat. "Though... it is acceptable for a gentleman to kiss a lady's hand."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:58 pm

"I'd caution you to be careful, but you really dont need me treating you so delicately." She had told him more then once how capable she was. "Let me know when you decide to visit, I can give you the names of a few places to see." His lips curled into a wry smirk. "Though they'll be bars and eateries for the most part."

Kissing her hand didn't seem like nearly enough, nevertheless it would have to do. Bringing her hand up, fingers still intertwined he brought it to his lips in a chaste kiss. "Have a good day, Lyseil. Thank you for coming to visit me."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:02 pm

"Thank you... I wish you a pleasant evening, Zanebry. And a speedy recovery too," she was still blushing after the proper kiss, and gently untangled her fingers from his as she rose up from her seat.

"Who knows... maybe I'll prefer to hire a local guide to show me around if I ever go to Nar Shaddaa?" it was hard to tell if she meant him or someone else. "Though if you come to Alderaan sometime, I'd be more than happy to show you around. But I imagine Niall has given that offer several times too, knowing him."

Her chuckle was soft as she smoothed out the faint wrinkles on her clothes. "I... had a good time, Z. We should sit down and talk some more in the future. If we get the chance."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:22 pm

Thanks, I'll try not to walk on it too much. I imagine you'll scold me if I do." At least that was the impression he had got from the Princess.

"A couple at the very least, though you make for much more charming company. So when I come, I'll have to make time to spend with both of you." It wasn't anything like a set date, but it was an affirmation that at some point he would be coming... He couldn't just be vague about it forever.

A soft smile made it's way onto his lips as she laughed, and he was half tempted to try and kiss her. He settled instead with slowly rising to his feet. "Anytime, Lyseil. This was one of the nicest evenings I've had in a while. I'd be more then happy to do it again."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:39 pm

"Mm," she nodded and finished the last sip of the Bramble. "I'll also have to see if I can have another dance with you, when your leg is better. I think I'd be disappointed if the only proper dance I would have with such a skilled dancer was at a bar in the middle of the desert in a warzone, and I was wearing fatigues."

Lyseil wasn't sure if she would be scolding him as such, but there would probably be a lot of insistent pleading for him not to hurt himself.

So she did raise an eyebrow as he got up on his feet. "Going to walk me to the door before you start getting ready for the night?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:12 pm

That brought a small chuckle forth, as he shook his head.
"We'll make some time, I'm not sure when or where, but I can almost always put something together." It would be a shame indeed to only really dance with her when she was wearing fatigues.

"Usually I would, but I'd insist, tonight I think I'll make do with just standing though." His lips quirked into a teasing smile. "As long as you dont think that's too rude."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:20 pm

"Not at all. Considering the circumstances, it would be rude of me to ask too much of you." Her smile mirrored his for a moment. "So, once again, thank you for a lovely evening. I look forward to seeing you dressed in your best at the dance."

And since he had said he had a perfectly good cheek to say 'thank you' to, Lyseil stood on the tip of her toes as she leaned in for a quick but somewhat innocent peck on the cheek. Though she couldn't help herself from blushing a little as she withdrew.

"Until next time, mister Varliss!" she said with a cheerful tone, slipping back to her more usual chipper confidence.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:31 pm

A year or more ago such a bold move might of earned Lyseil a little more the age bargained for. But, while it wasn't much, and he'd deny it if you asked him, Z was a tiny bit more of a gentleman then he had been on Nar Shaddaa.

Still it caught him a little by surprise and Lyseil might notice a little if that on his features when she pulled away. "Until next time, Miss Panteer." He confirmed a warm smile making it's way into his lips, as she departed.

He'd wait a moment making sure she was looking away before letting his hand, move up to touch the place she kissed.

/scene?

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Her loose hair bounced gently which each step she took as she walked away, not looking back after the last farewell.

Sometimes she did learn to leave them wanting more!

/scene!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Previous
Forum Statistics