Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

More busywork [D10, EA]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Layne had taken the crystal out of the shoto, and carefully placed it into its new hilt. It meant she had to start from scratch in finetuning the crystal, but that was fine. Now it was finally truly her own lightsaber. She tried it out for a bit, making sure the blade was generated and focused properly, before she sat down and communed with the saber's crystal.

Modding Blue Ilum Crystal, hangar bonus: 2eA+1eB+2eF+1eD 1 success, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

(+1 damage. Free mod is: -1 crit, -100 credits worth of equipment)
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Re: More busywork [D10, EA]

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:07 pm

As she finished her work, the hangar guard who had been sitting quietly a short distance away spoke up and said, "So that's how y'all fix your lightsabers, huh?"
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 pm

She opened her eyes, and looked at the woman.

Wonder if she's still pissed.

"That's how we improve them."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:28 pm

"Cool. How do you like... improve them? Like what changes?" She asked in a very unpissed voice.
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:41 pm

"The crystal is the center piece of any lightsaber. It is a living aspect of the Force, and using our own connection to the Force, we can finetune the properties of the crystal in a way we want. What I've done here is change the crystal so that it amplifies the power that is run through it."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:53 pm

"So... it like cuts through things better now... Is there any reason not to make it more powerful? Like and drawbacks or something?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:04 pm

"What is stopping you from just overcharging a blaster pistol more and more without end?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:09 pm

"Fair enough... but with a blaster there are several options on what you want the pistol to do. Lightsaber seems a bit more straightforward... but I could be wrong. That's why I'm askin'."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:18 pm

"There can be subtlety. There are many different types of lightsaber crystal, some with unique properties. This is a relatively ordinary type of crystal, however."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:22 pm

"Cool." She said with a simple nod.

"Cool tree surfing the other day by the way."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 pm

"You keep saying that word," she said. "*Is* everything cool?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:41 pm

"Uhhh, yeah. Why wouldn't it be?" She asked. Then after a moment her eyes opened up a bit, "Oh the whole 'lets kill her talk'? Yeah, no problem. I thought it was a bad idea, but it's like not something I'd be upset about. As soon as I realized y'all didn't want to kill her I didn't care anymore. Was just doin' my job as I saw fit."

She tilted her head, "You probably think me some murderer though now, huh?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:53 pm

"I understand the pragmatism of killing an enemy when they're down. I've done it myself. I wasn't always a Jedi, after all. Still, we should try and be better. At least to offset all the times we don't."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:58 pm

"Yeah, I get that. My only thing was like... two seconds before that we were all like... shooting and stabbing with the intent to kill these folks. If we're gonna be like consistent with our moral high-ground we'd probably want to have like... not have been doing that." She shrugged.

"Republic stuff is new to me is all. It's not bad, it's just not like what I'm accustomed to."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:59 pm

"There's a difference between kicking someone when they're down, and kicking them when they're trying to punch you in the face."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:04 pm

"Probably a difference between kicking someone who is punching you in the face and stabbing them in the chest when they are trying to punch you in the face. I know my gun has a stun setting I wasn't using. Don't know about the lightsabers..." She said with shrug.

"But really, I thought your hero move was pretty sweet. I'm good with everything that took place. Are you? "
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:23 pm

She shrugged. "I think we probably shouldn't have gotten involved with the monks in the first place. Something was off about them from the start."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 pm

"Mah, don't sweat it. Because you and that Oddyn dude saved that girl we now have that chick we captured and her friends helping us out. And you didn't have to sacrifice your principles for it. Seems like a win to me."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:27 pm

"The Mandalorian surprised me," she said with a nod. "Didn't think he'd be the one arguing that way."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 pm

"He's a lot more the type of mandalorian I know... These dudes we've been fighting... something's not right in their heads. Talk about giving up your principles..." She said with a singular snort of air out her nose.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:47 pm

"I guess," she said with a shrug. "I don't really know or care about their principles all that much. They've always seemed to be too intent on causing trouble to me."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:52 pm

"Isn't Jedi life like... all about principles?" She asked.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 pm

"Principles which are somewhat at odd with the Mandalorian code, I'd say."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:08 pm

She nodded. "Eternal warfare v. Eternal peace. Sounds like a recipe for a fight I guess."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:16 pm

"The Mandalorians do not recognize the fact they have no moral right to force their philosophy on the rest of the galaxy. They understand things only in terms of the weak versus the strong. If someone can't stop them, then it is because they are weak, and they deserve it."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Next
Forum Statistics