The region called the Veras Industrial Region is the oldest settled region on the planet.

Goodbye and Hello, As Always [D13 EN]

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:03 am

The party was still going on, and probably would for quite some time. The enemy leader was missing, presumed dead, and the enemy command ship was destroyed. The war was going well. There was certainly cause for celebration. Niall smiled, watching the revelry, his arms folded across his chest. But he wasn't taking part in the celebrations anymore.

Quietly, he slipped away.

He hadn't gone far before he found himself at the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was still developed; light from nearby streetlights was almost as bright as the light of Bankor's twin moons. And, somewhere off in the distance, he could still hear the sounds of celebration.

But he was still alone. Niall looked out over the moonlit ocean, a thoughtful expression on his handsome features.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: Goodbye and Hello, As Always [D13 EN]

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:12 am

Lyseil noticed that Niall was missing from the celebrations. She'd been having fun there, playing the violin for entertainment since it was so rare she got an opportunity to do so, and joining in the other revelries. But not seeing her friend anywhere did make her concerned.

It wasn't hard for her to find out where he had gone. First by asking people, and then just following what seemed the most natural direction.

Her footsteps were soft as she approached. "Hey...?" she called out gently, some concern tinged in her voice.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 am

The footsteps, soft as they were, didn't draw Niall's attention. But the familiar voice caused him to turn slowly around.

"Hey, you." He said, the slightest of smiles playing across his face. A moment passed as he studied her, his gaze fond.

Almost belatedly, he recognized the concern in her voice. Niall's brows drew down ever so slightly. "Lyseil? Is something wrong?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:22 am

She smiled, seeing that he seemed to be ok. "It's nothing... I was just concerned about you, that's all," Lyseil assured him as she walked up beside him to stand next to Niall.

"Everything alright?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:43 am

"Oh." Niall smiled a little sheepishly. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I hadn't intended to make anyone worry."

Slowly, as she came up to join him, he turned. Again, he leaned against the railing, although he angled himself towards her as well. "I... just found myself growing rather thoughtful. And I wanted to be alone with my thoughts." He gave her a smile. "Present company excluded, though. You're welcome to stay, if you like." I'd like that.

His gaze went back out over the water. "It's amazing how quickly things can change, isn't it? I keep seeing pieces of the enemy flagship, glinting in the moonlight."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 am

"It's ok. I know you didn't do it on purpose," she chuckled and put her arms on the railing to look out at the scenery. "Hmm... anything in particular on your mind, or just..." Lyseil gestured, indicating the crashed flagship and the celebrations going on still, "all of this?"

She looked thoughtful as well. "Victory, or rather, a visible end to war tends to draw out a major change in a populace. Understandably. Seeing that peace is in sight is always a good thing."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 am

"Hmmm..." Niall said, smiling gently. "All of this, and more. Rather a lot of things, I suppose."

He took a deep breath, taking in the sea air. And, perhaps fortunately, none of the scent he knew she wore. "It is good. Very good indeed. I did my celebrating, too, don't worry." He chuckled softly.

After a moment, though, his expression grew more pensive. "I suppose I was just thinking about how close it was. You and I wouldn't be standing here..." He swept one arm around, his cape billowing with the motion, "-were it not for the actions of a few people. The future is balanced on the edge of a knife. Just the right force, applied in either direction, can send it tumbling down." He sighed. "Or so it seemed to me."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:04 am

"Hmm... I suppose there's some truth to that," she hadn't really thought about it that way. Too often she'd just convinced herself that everything would turn out fine. Somehow. It would all be alright.

"It must be a terrible thing that made Varo Kryze do all this, and in the end decide to throw his own life away at a chance to wreak unspeakable amounts of destruction." Lyseil said thoughtfully as she looked out at where the wreckage was. " But, all that was needed for him to win was for good people to just stand by and do nothing. He lost because good people did something."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 am

Slowly, Niall nodded. "I cannot fathom what makes someone make a decision like that. To die, only for the chance to kill more. Many more." He frowned. "I suppose... if he thought he would be making a better life for his children. But no." He shook his head. "You can't make lives better by killing others. That was never why we were here."

He took another deep breath. The sea air was calming, refreshing. "But you're right. Good people stood up, and did what they had to. It only took a few, in the right place, at the right time. The Mandalorians had no shortage of excellent warriors. But the Republic has no shortage of heroes."

Niall glanced towards Lyseil, smiling again. "You're a hero, you know."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:30 am

Lyseil nodded too. "You're right. Killing doesn't make things better. Giving these people hope now though, that makes things better."

She idly pushed some of her hair behind her ear as some of the seabreeze was tugging a bit too much at it. "What me?" Her eyes blinked in surprise at his words. "I... don't feel like a hero? I mean, I didn't do anything particularly heroic, nor did I lead anyone to victory."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am

Niall's lips quirked. "You seem surprised that I'd say that. I... suppose I'd expect that. Most of the time I don't feel like a hero. Compared to, say, Sabine and Rav, who fought terrible foes, and sacrificed of their body in doing so. Or Hacha, who had been willing to give his life. Or Tethys, who I think could walk across the surface of Malachor and come out unscathed."

He shook his head, smiling. "But Lyseil... you do what's right. You do it without fear for yourself. And you help others." His grey eyes grew fond. "It meant a lot to me, yesterday, when you told me that you were okay. I did worry."

After a moment, he grinned. "It was, perhaps, my second favorite message that I received from you yesterday."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 am

"Niall... you're a leader. You lead people like the Irregulars to victory, like you did yesterday during the attack. That's more of a hero than I will be." Her smile in return was fond. Just because things had gone a different way didn't mean she had stopped caring for him. "And besides, I know you would've been a bundle of worried nerves if I didn't let you know I was alright." She nudged his arm with her elbow.

At the mention of the other message, Lyseil blushed as that came back to mind. "Ah, right... well I did make a promise. But you can't show it to anyone else!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 am

"Oh, don't worry." Niall said, smiling. "I think I'm a hero, too. At least some of the time. I just... I think sometimes you underestimate yourself. And the impact you have on others." He laughed softly as she nudged him. "Although perhaps not, at least in some ways." He nudged her back, grinning.

The grin faded to a more usual smile, and Niall shook his head. "Of course not. For any number of reasons. I value your dignity and your friendship. I wouldn't want to embarrass you. And besides..." He chewed his lip for a moment. "They're special. Only for me. A reminder..." He trailed off.

His smile quirked. "I'm..." He paused. He couldn't say he was glad things turned out how they did; for him, they weren't settled yet. He swallowed his uncertainty. "I'm glad you're my friend, Lyseil."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:22 am

Lyseil was looking out at sea. Maybe she shouldn't have sent those pictures...

"I'm... glad you think so, Niall. But honestly I feel like I've been a terrible friend," she sighed and wished she had some stones to skip out at the water, to keep her hands occupied. Instead they were fidgeting nervously.

"I shouldn't have made you ask me out on a date for starters, seeing as I didn't know about... your relationship."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 am

Hearing those words, seeing the fidgeting, Niall turned more fully towards Lyseil, his hip resting against the railing. His thoughtful frown grew concerned, studying her. "Lyseil..." He said, his voice soft. Down at his side, his hand briefly clenched, flexing, then smoothed, resting against his thigh.

Gently, he shook his head. "You haven't been a terrible friend. Not at all." His voice was soothing. "You've been a light to me, here, in this place." He offered her a slight smile. "And I hope I've been one to you. That's not going to change, not if I can help it."

The smile faded; Niall took a deep breath. "I knew." He said softly. "And I still asked you. It was my responsibilty." His lips tightened. "And if I've hurt you, then I'm deeply sorry. But otherwise... I'm not."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 am

"No no, you haven't hurt me. Promise!" She was quick to reassure him, looking back to him. "And I had a great time when I was with you. Really-really. It helped being with you to keep my mind away from all the terrible stuff that happens in war..."

Lyseil pressed her lips together as she debated whether or not to tell him now.

"I don't regret the time spent with you or the memories we now have of that... if anything, I think I grew a little more that way," she smiled easily. "And... I don't regret how it ended either. For your sake... and mine. There was some stuff I felt conflicted about and that made things a bit easier for me too..."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 am

Niall gave her a gentle smile. "Oh, good. I'm glad. I had a great time, too. And for all that I held back..." He let out a slow breath. "It was real. I thought of you as my girlfriend, Lyseil, and while I didn't exactly go around advertising the fact, that's what I would have told anyone who asked." He remembered how Luth had kissed him, and how, despite part of him wanting that, his first thought was of how much it would hurt Lyseil.

"Good. No regrets. And I think I grew a little, too." He gave her a nod. "And... there's no reason that we can't be there for each other other. You do very much matter to me, you know. And you make the future seem not quite so daunting."

He grimaced, giving her a nod. "I really am sorry for putting you in that position. It's not an easy place to be. If you're less conflicted now, I'm glad." His lips quirked. "In my defense... it was hard. Even if I knew it had to be done." It was difficult to not still think of her in that way; he would adjust with time, he expected.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 am

His girlfriend? She blushed with embarrassement... she had wanted to think of Niall that way during that time, but it had just not come to that level. She cared for him, but she didn't know if she could've called him her boyfriend if anyone asked.

Maybe because she felt Alysele was the one who had the right to say that.

"No, please, don't apologize, Niall. It's just... I shouldn't have..." Lyseil stopped herself as she wasn't quite sure what to say. "I want you to be happy, because you're important to me. I won't stop caring about you because it's over now."

"But I think she can make you happier than I could, because she must be someone really special to you to have held your heart for so long," she offered with a kind smile as she deflected away from herself.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:54 am

Niall chuckled softly, strangely amused by how they danced around each other. "Well, don't you apologize either, then. And we can each hope for the other's happiness. I rather like that, actually." Smiling, he gave her a gentle nudge with his elbow. A fun, friendly gesture.

Niall gently shook his head, although what it was in denial of wasn't entirely clear. "I love her." He said softly. "I can't deny that, any more than I could have denied you. I've loved her for a long time. I just hyper..." He trailed off, deep uncertainty flashing in his grey eyes.

After a moment, he managed a faint smile. "You know, our families were actually already arranging our marriage when we were children? My parents can be rather old-fashioned, sometimes."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:02 am

The nudge at least made her laugh, seemingly dispelling her concerns.

"Is that so?" She smirked in his direction. "You know, it's not unheard of for jedi to marry. Unusual but not unheard of. So it could still happen. Just make sure to invite me to the wedding, ok?" The smirk faded into a smile.

"Because I'll be a friend to both of you."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Slowly Niall nodded. "I know. It's something that I hope for. And if it happens, of course you can come to the wedding." He managed a smile, although only just. "I would want all my best friends there, after all. And I hope that I can come to yours, whenever it is, and whoever it's to. I do want you to be happy too, after all."

His lips pressed together, his hand on the railing gripping harder. "But I don't know." He said, his voice tight. "We've been together, one way or another, for so long. But I don't know where it ends. If she wants to be with me, or..." He shook his head. "I wonder if I need to be as happy as I can with someone else." It was the desire to know that, in part, that led to him asking Lyseil on a date.

Slowly, Niall relaxed, jaw and hands unclenching. "I'm sorry." He said, giving Lyseil a wan smile. "I shouldn't unload this on you. I just wish I had your optimism sometimes." His lips quirked. "I do rather like hearing it, actually."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm

"Hmm... " she could understand the need to know. Existing in some sort of limbo, like she felt she had, was not a nice feeling. "It's ok, Niall. What are friends for, if not listening to eachother's troubles, right?" Lyseil offered with her usual optimism.

"You're a good guy, Niall. So I'm sure this will work out. Besides," her back straightened a little even if what she was going to say was probably going to sound weird, "I sent her a message too."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 pm

"Yeah. That's right." Niall said, managing a real smile this time. "That is what friends are for. I do hope you know you can come to me anytime. In fact, I rather hope you do. I would quite miss these talks if we didn't have them anymore."

He sighed softly. "I hope you're right. I suppose if a few good people can end a war, perhaps it's also enough to secure a future for two people with each other. I just... wait, what?" He looked at her, half-incredulous, half-amused. "Did you say you sent Aly a message? Have you ever spoken to her before?" His lips twitched, uncertain whether to laugh or grimace.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:55 pm

"Well, no..." she admitted. Lyseil had never met Alysele Cortess before. At least not that she could recall, and if she had, they had probably both been very young. "But it felt right, I felt." She gave a sheepish shrug of her shoulders, glancing between the view and Niall.

"I felt it right to tell her that you never betrayed her. Or, rather, I felt like you never did, at least. And that I want to see you two happy together, and she can call me if she wants to talk more." Her smile was easy and friendly. "I think it's important for a lady to know she's special to someone. And well, I wanted to assure her that she is very special to you..."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:05 pm

Niall continued to stare at Lyseil, thoroughly bemused. "You've never spoken to her before. And you sent her a message that you wanted the two of us to be happy together." Niall blinked slowly.

Suddenly he laughed. "Lyseil, that may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. But I'm certain that it's the nicest thing I can remember someone doing for me." He laughed again, shaking his head.

When he finally settled down, he gave Lyseil a smile. "Thank you, Lyseil. And just so you know, even if it's not in the same way, you are special to me."
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics