[D13EM] Good Tidings

Postby Aran Enfas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 am

Aran had collapsed early the previous night, after the post-mission triage team had declared him surprisingly intact, the debriefing had finished, and he discovered the triage team also didn't want him hanging around seeing how Oddyn and Azura were doing. He'd busied himself with a few small errands around the ship, but before the evening was out, and without any real sense of having been anywhere in between, he found himself collapsing into his bunk and into a sleep from which he woke up remembering nothing but feeling tired.

He had been moving numbly through his morning routine of meditation when he'd heard the cheering outside his door. The story of Hacha's survival was a tonic to the post-campaign military personnel, and Aran heard four jumbled, overexcited versions from three different people before he'd finished processing the first. His features, schooled to serenity, normally didn't stretch farther than a small smile; still, he found himself stuck in a grin that even showed a flash of his teeth.

He knew little of Hacha, but he knew he had been a part of the crew of the Turtle. Having fully donned his robes, the young Padawan rushed to the flight deck and found the ship among the shuttles and squadrons of the fleet, just beginning their final after-action repairs of Bankor. Almost jumping from foot to foot, he pressed the call-button at the base of the ship's ramp. In his excitement, he had forgotten his affected walking staff.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Re: [D13EM] Good Tidings

Postby Nudimsu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:19 am

Nudimsu didn't sleep well the night before. One of his crew nearly died and that brought back up a lot of feelings he had been repressing. Craw was consumed by his sorrow and left, the other died. Now the man who helped ensure his ship's good fortune was laid up in a bed, missing a arm, and unsure of when he would regain his senses. How could he sleep after that? He wasn't a machine. Still, someone was hailing outside of the ship at the early hours. Glancing over at the camera, it appeared to be that man from the party. Felt like it was ages ago, really.

He stepped up from his chair, turned off the jizz playing, and moved to the hangar door of the ship, opening it up while holding his caff.

"Can't say I expected to see you again." One could only guess if he meant after the party of after the mission he was just one. "What can I help you with?"
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack
Nudimsu

Postby Aran Enfas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Aran smiled, bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet while he waited. His prosthetic made faint whirring sounds as he did so. When the hatch opened, he paused at least long enough to offer a bow, quicker than usual out of excitement, and the deeper for it. As he rose he spoke quickly.

"Pilot Nudimisu! It is an honor to see you again. Did you hear that this morning..." he saw something in the other man's face, and his smile got a bit bigger. "You have heard! I, it's..." he trailed off, thoughts competing to be expressed, then ducked his head in a quick nod. "I had already planned to visit Oddyn and Azura in the medbay, and bring them some tokens and comfort. When I learned that Hacha had survived, I thought that his crew might have some things of his he might enjoy having with him, or some ideas of things I could pick up." He looked up at Nudimisu, radiating good cheer. "May I come in?"
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Nudimsu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm

"Hacha? Yeah, I heard. I'm glad I do not have to find another mechanic." He nods, pondering for a moment. "There are a few things I can think of he may enjoy. Come, I'll fix you a caff, we'll go thru the things." Hospitality was important, treating guests with the small comforts could improve their attitude. His attitude was already upbeat for so early in the morning with caff. It was confusing to him, and he was younger than this man with more energy.

"I see you've managed to survive this war. Glad to see many of those who came are still in one piece. Relatively speaking, of course. This war took a lot out of us; physically, mentally, and even emotionally. Just looking forward to when the fighting is over with and I may enjoy some time for other pursuits." Musical distractions were one thing, but even Chiss need some time to unwind and relax. There was a few books he had hoped to read about socialization skills in order to pursue a better chance at understanding humans and their need to constantly talk to one another about the mundane.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Nudimsu

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:37 am

Aran ducked his head. "Thank you for making the time, Nudimsu." He followed him into the ship. "I was too early in my training to be exposed to the late war with the Sith. I know that to those who were, Bankor may have seemed small." He smiled at the other man, so serious seeming, and stuck out his right leg to expose the polished metal foot of his cyberlimb. "Still, I feel like I can say I dipped my toe in the water."
Aran Enfas

Postby Nudimsu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:01 pm

"Given that it's about one of my crewmates, I can always make time for that." He walks into the galley and offers him a seat to rest his leg while preparing the caff machine to brew another. "It's nasty business, I can't say I'm such a fan of it as a whole. My species as a whole do not have an incredibly large interest in war, though we are capable of much if we have to. No doubt you are aware of our role within the Empire as their ally and not their servant. Fortunately, with this coming peace, perhaps my people can get back to not having to worry so much about it." He pauses, then turns to the machine. He knew as well as anyone the Empire would not let go of the Chiss so easily; there were many long years ahead of them before their grip would be released. His face appeared stalwart, but within the thought of this gnawed at him.

"How do you feel about your 'dip'? Was it worth it?"

Nudimsu

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:43 pm

Aran listened with interest. He had largely missed the late war, only recently graduated from youngling to padawan when it had ended, and had never heard much of the Chiss. He was also pleased at Nudimsu's attitude toward Hacha -- he hadn't been sure if the previous comment about finding a new mechanic had been meant as callously as it could have been taken.

The question caused him to pause and consider, sitting on the edge of one of the Turtle's acceleration couches. He thought about making an arm and a leg pun, but the other young man had been stone-faced to his previous attempt, and one didn't want to lay it on too thick. "I was sent here to learn," he said slowly, "And I feel that I learned much. I perhaps even did some good, that otherwise would not have been done, in the liberation of this world." He tilted his head and looked up at Nudimsu. "And yourself? Did you achieve what you sought?"
Aran Enfas

Postby Nudimsu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 am

"I think so." He says, looking down at the coffee maker. "It came at a heavy cost to me, but I think I did. Lost two members of my crew to the Mandalorians; one by their hands, another by their traditions and grief. Nearly lost Durasay and this ship too, you know. All for credits and a reputation as a ship and her crew." The machine finished spurring along and a hot cup of caff was produced shortly after, which he placed down next to his guest with some sugar and cream. He then turned to sit down, but without warning slams the metal coffee cup into the table, clutching it to dear life, as his face turned from the calm demeanor it was to a look of rage, his voice going from a calm demeanor to a loud rage.

"All I've achieved is the knowledge that I am sick of them, the Mandalorians! Those worthless tribal people and their nonsensical traditions that everyone holds up because they can aim a blaster better than others! I'm sick of looking at their armor! Sick of risking mylife and crew's for a people so heavily ruled by their feelings and some absurd doctrine that they let their men and woman die for some misplaced sense of duty! The sooner I leave this damn planet the sooner I can move on with my life and not be burdened with the past."

It was a rare moment for him; he let his emotions out. Something with Aran not knowing him well would probably not appreciate as much.

"I'm sorry..." A small pause occurs in between of his statement while looking down at his cup. "I'm usually much better at keeping my emotions in check. It's just been a long night." He takes a deep breath while looking at him before his features begin to calm back down to what they once were. "You're not here about that, I know. This is about Hacha. I think his requisition parts came in somewhere. That would make him happy, I think. Always likes to tinker with things." He sits himself down, letting go of his death grip on his coffee and takes a deep breath. "I can probably think of a few other things if you give me a moment."

Nudimsu

Postby Aran Enfas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Aran was, by most standards, a good listener. His expression remained neutral-yet-attentive in pretty much all circumstances. So he absorbed Nudimsu's rage, sensing, even on short acquaintance, the gulf between it and the young man's usual calm.

"I have also struggled with the Mandalorians," Aran admitted, as he watched Nudimsu look around the ship. "Before," he tapped his right knee, tnk tnk, "when I had seen what they I had done to this planet, I wanted to believe that there are more to a whole people than war for its own sake. Having seen it for myself, I can see it is no way to build a life, or a culture." He paused, hesitating before presuming any more into the confidence of this relative stranger. "I do not think I am likely to forget Bankor any time soon. But the past does not always have to be a burden."
Aran Enfas

Forum Statistics