Battle cruiser and carrier of the Republic!

Maiden's Prayer (Day 13 Late morning)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm

The battle was over, well for the most part, and there was a celebratory feel in the air on nearly very part of the Capital. For z though, things still felt a bit half done. Too many of Kryze's children had escaped, and Mandolorians were always keep on vengeance, add into that the stuff with Orar Varad. Well, he felt a bit easy.

Which is why he went in search of one of his favorite people. A chipper young woman in charge of a nest full of spies, Princess Claire Alincot. There was a false sense of cheer in his step when he walked into the SIS offices and asked in a clear voice. "Is the Princess in?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Maiden's Prayer (Day 13 Late morning)

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Even with the victory, the woman never seemed to rest. She had a display up with the profile of each major associate of Varo Kryze. She looked up from her datapad out of instinct from hearing the voice. If it was the pet name that earned her attention, she was never going to admit it. "Zanebry Varliss. I'm sure this must be important. Even you know better than to goof around now."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:48 am

"I thought I was always important." Z mused thoughtfully, his eyes dancing with a bit of restrained humor. "Really though, I was wondering if you needed me for anything. You look over worked, Claire."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:01 am

"Well, Keilynn has been strangely cooperative. Still have to verify everything she tells me. But more importantly, Varo still has relatives mulling about. And as we have learned with these Mandalorians, revenge is right up their alley."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:05 am

"Keilynn's a lot cuter then I expected her to be." Zanebry mused softly. "Probably still a bit deranged, and no way am I going to try and flirt with her, but her husband didn't do to bad for himself. Still glad to see her helping, it's the best thing she could do for her sister."

"Varo's lot though." He reached a hand up to stroke his beard. "I'm not quote sure you want to send anything less then a five man team after each of them, and killing them all will probably only bring on more problems."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:38 am

"Is that really how you assess all of our enemies?" Claire rubbed her forehead. "Right. She's not all there, from what we've observed. The sisters like to talk about gruesome war stories like a child watches cartoons."

She nodded. "They just keep coming, huh? What would you do then, Zanebry?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:45 am

"Not all of them... Sometimes I try and assess how much force it will take to rip their spines out, like with Orar Varad." He pursued his lips. "I take it Keilynn has actually promised to hunt him down? Any chance for her to see if he had any Imperial backers?"

"That's a difficult question." He replied thoughtfully. "If genocide isn't an option, I'd say an alliance maybe? Or finding them a worthwhile enemy... Of course you could always attempt to have one of the other Mandolorian clans destroy them.... I suppose it depends on the outcome you are looking for."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:37 pm

"Keilynn hasn't promised that but it's to be expected. I hope she'll fill us in more after she leaves."

She perked a brow. "You think we could form an alliance with Clan Kryze? As far as I'm aware, Varo's story was legitimate. Eralynn was the only one manipulated into coming here." Claire then crossed her arms and smirked. "And that's also why I think we shouldn't send other clans to annihilate Clan Kryze. I imagine some sort of leak would come out."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:41 pm

"What was Varo's story anyways? I only heard a little bit about it, how he wanted revenge for some wrong committed." Zane had other things on his mind most of the time during the last few months.

"You're right though, manipulating the Mandolorian's is something we should avoid, especially since we might be accusing the Empire of that in the coming months."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:10 am

"His wife was kille and paraded around. He sought vengeance against the Republic." She shrugged. "Less fishy of a story than the one regarding Ptar's survival."

Claire nodded. "Exactly. It's a bit of a surprise, really. Canderous Ordo, a former Mandalore, said it himself. I wonder how it got so lost."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:40 am

"This seems like a really round about way of getting it." It didn't help that his wife probably deserved what she got, the Kryze were not kind at the best of time. At least as far as he knew.

"Well, these are Mandolorian's. There are some good one's out there, smart one's. Most seem to just want to fight things, they respect their traditions but not so much their history. Or that's the feelings I get from most of them. You think all this will remind them of the fact that the empire is a bunch of manipulative jerkoffs, and always will be?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:46 am

The woman shrugged. "Grief and all that. I imagine that Eralynn would have gone after the Sith Empire if that is the truth. It does seem likely, though."

She thought for a moment. "It would seem so. Well, we'll see what Corso Fett has in store."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:53 am

"You know Eralynn said I was similar to her." Zanebry offered with a small frown. He'd agreed at the time, but really the more he thought about it he just didn't see it.

"I suppose we will, though I can't really say I trust the man." He should probably talk to Vera about the Fett's she seemed to have a good head on her shoulder. "But, I suppose I could say the same for most people."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:23 am

Claire thought on it a moment and then shrugged. "Say some Sith Lord captured Naveera and tortured her." She let his imagination fill for a moment. "What lengths would you go to hunt him down?"

She smiled. "We have no reason to trust him at all."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Zan took a long breath, trying to put himself in that situation. "Pretty far." He admitted after a moment. "Maybe not to the point of dropping asteroids on planets, but there wouldn't be much I let stop me. I'd see him dead or worse."

At her admittance he shook his head. "I hate these types of situations. I suppose we can just hope he see's reason."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:18 pm

"It's not the methods you'd use, it's the willpower behind it. That is how you two are similar." She gave a soft smile. "I doubt you'd start taking Sith teeth, though." She shook her head in disgust.

Claire shrugged. "If there was something we could do, I'd put in the order."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:47 am

"Yeah, i'll pass on that, and even if I did take trophies I probably wouldn't go carrying them around on me either." He paused thoughtfully. "Would likely just make a collection of lightsabers or something."

"I know." He grinned at Claire. "You're a good girl like that."

"I suppose that manes you've got things well under control though... That's good."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 pm

"A rack of lightsabers next to all the liquor you keep. I wonder what your paramours would think," she said with a slight smirk.

"Operations are going as smoothly as possible. Leaks are being closed. If there are any more mercenaries lurking about, they have nobody to report to." She shook her head. "What a mess this was at times. But taking in all of those freed prisoners was better than performing stringent background checks then and there, right?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:11 am

"Well, I'd imagine most of them would be impressed?" He offered thoughtfully. "Especially if I ever brought a Mandolorian lady over." Not that he really planned to. "Though I might want to put them away if any force users came over."

"Sometimes there are no good choices." Zane confirmed with a slight shake of his head. "So we make the best ones we can, which is what you did." He smiled. "It likely saved some lives."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 am

"You don't imagine they'd find it to be insane, regardless of Force Sensitivity?"

Claire shrugged. "All I can do. Plus, I'm not sure if I even had the final decision there. Might have been asked to resign my post if I demanded screening all of those refugees."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:19 am

"Hmmm..." He shook his head. "I suppose that's a possibility, good thing I don't have any plans to do that then."

"Perhaps If you had to do that though, you could always come flying around with me." His smile was teasing,for a moment before it drifted away. "Really though, I don't think they'd have done that. You're pretty good at what you do, Claire."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:51 pm

"People rarely plan on that anyways." She gave a soft shrug. "I cannot imagine that Eralynn thought that she'd eventually start taking teeth."

The handler sighed. "Maybe." She glanced around at her work and then closed her eyes. "You ever think you deserve punishment for the things you did? For the greater good, and all that?" She looked back at him with a solemn smirk. "I'm sure you know what I mean."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:07 am

"All the time honestly." Zane replied with a soft chuckle. "Why do you think I'm still doing this now that Matthias is gone?" His lips spread into a smirk.

"Sure a lot of it is deep down I like it, and there really isnt anything else I like to do. But I figure I need to make amends somehow, as best as I can. I'll still duck up along the way though, so I'll probably be at this for a while."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Claire pulled out her flask, raised it as a lazy toast towards Zanebry, and took a swig from it. "The wicked never rest. Or was the saying different?" She shrugged. "It doesn't really matter."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:07 am

"There is no rest for the wicked." He corrected her pulling his own flask out and raising it in reply before taking a sip. "You were close enough, though."

"I think it goes hand in hand with the one about how old spies never die."

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics