[D13MM, The Triage] Checking it Twice

Postby Aran Enfas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:31 am

Aran walked with a light step, and no walking cane, across the flight deck. He moved with purpose and a smile on his face as he used his datapad to look up berth numbers with ship names, and found the Triage. He spent a moment observing the ship -- in his experience, personal light freighters often said a lot about their captains. Then, he moved to press the call button.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Re: [D13MM, The Triage] Checking it Twice

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:51 am

Cole shut the cabinet door, a little more forcefully than he'd perhaps intended, but not quite slamming it, when the call sounded. He hit the com, "Ormont, speak," running a hand through his hair.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Aran Enfas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Aran's initial high at learning of Hacha's survival, first thing in the morning, had faded into general good cheer. This meant he was already smiling, and he added a small bow from the neck in case the doctor had a holoreceiver on his ship intercom. "Good morning, Doctor Ormont. This is Padawan Aran Enfas. I was hoping I could speak to you about Oddyn Vizsla? Ah, not as a patient," he said, adding this last in hasty desire not to be rebuffed for reasons of privileged confidentiality. He'd had a hard time getting a read on the Doctor in their few and unavoidably strained interactions, and the greeting had seemed brusque.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 pm

There was a long silence, broken by the abrupt opening of the door at the top of the Triage’s ramp. Cole stood at the top, loosely framed by the doorway, “Jedi Enfas, come in.” The doctor took a half-pace back, extending a hand towards to interior of the ship, indicating which way the padawan should go.
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:32 am

Aran followed the indicated route politely, and his species unusual senses meant he was unlikely to be caught gawking, but he studied his surroundings with interest. He hadn't considered seeing Ormont outside of his usual habitat one of the goals of this visit, but now that it was directly in front of him he found his natural curiosity kicking in. "Thank you for taking the time to see me, Doctor Ormont. I know that the Strike Force has kept you quite busy since we got to Bankor."
Aran Enfas

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:49 am

The indicated route was several feet of corridor that opened onto the common room located at the centre of the ship. There was a austere, functional table bolted to the floor, chairs tucked in neatly. The entire room was ascetic, bare of any kind of visible personalisation. Cole crossed to the kaff machine mounted in one curved wall, "I'm never too busy to help, kaff?" he inquired, preparing a mug for himself.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Aran nodded politely. "If you've already made it, thank you." He had had some at his previous stops this morning, but accepting hospitality was part of the guest's role. He looked around the common room. As bare as a meditation cell. "Have you owned your ship long?" he asked curiously. "I wasn't aware many officers brought their own vessels on campaign."
Aran Enfas

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:59 am

Making a second mug of kaff, Cole answered over his shoulder, “no, but I wanted to have the Triage fully outfitted before it was time to leave Bankor.” Turning, he brought the mugs to the table, pulling back a chair and dropping into it, all angles and corners, like a discarded marionette. He sipped his drink, his other hand pushed through his hair, “what did you want to talk to me about?”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Aran also took a seat, sitting on the edge of it as if his exuberance was going to send him flittering to another perch at any moment. "Some of \... most of the people who went on the mission to the Pride of Kryze are still in Medbay, and I wanted to bring them something. But I don't know Oddyn very well, and ah..." he shrugged, without deflating particularly. "I had a hard time figuring out who might. I knew that he had been injured badly several times, however. So I thought perhaps you might know something that he might like." He tilted his head to one side, smiling. "He also mentioned his foster children. I don't know what age they might be, but I thought he might appreciate something for them."
Aran Enfas

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:49 am

There was a look of cool surprise, Oddyn hadn't mentioned anything like that to him. Cole sighed, sipped his drink, and appeared to at least be thinking about it. "It's hard to go wrong with a bottle of good, strong drink, and I think he might have a soft spot for chocolate."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Aran Enfas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Aran's smile grew in thanks. "Excellent! Both things available on the ship -- although only one in a way blessed by the Navy," he said, deferential to Cole's officer's rank. "I had guessed about the drink," he explained, "and was bringing the chocolate by default, but it is good to know he will appreciate them."
Aran Enfas

Forum Statistics