Bending Blades (Day 13 Mid Afternoon)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:42 am

Well,it was almost time for goodbye's again... Something Z was rather used to, even though he didn't necessarily like them. It was a pity that he had never gotten to see Vera in her red dress, or get that dance she owed him, but with her in a relationship he wasn't going to push.

Still he wanted to say his farewells, neither of then would like find much time to see each other in the foreseeable future, so he searched her out, eventually running into her on the observation deck. "Hey, Vera." He greeted her with a easy smile.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Bending Blades (Day 13 Mid Afternoon)

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 pm

The lieutenant glanced over to him and warmth replaced the reflective, pensive expression on her face. Vera kept her hands in her jacket's pockets as she turned to face him fully. "Oh hey, Zanebry. How does it feel to be a big hero again?"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:26 am

"Ah, I'm no hero, Vera." Zane offered with a wry smirk. "I'm not cut out for the hero business in the same way you are."

"What about you though. Happy with what we accomplished here?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:04 am

"We're both from the shadows, Zanebry. Neither of us were really meant for the spotlight, even if I do really enjoy it." She then gave a soft shrug and looked back out of the station. "I can't shake the feeling that we didn't finish the mission here. My comrades and I always followed the mentality that an escaped enemy is one that will come back."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:03 am

"You're right about that." Zanebry offered with a small sigh, the Republic was often times too soft with things like this. "The Kryze will be back, one way or another. Well, unless the fight is taken to them." His lips formed a thin line. "No idea how other Mandolorians would respond to that though."

"I understand pieces of the culture, not the whole of it though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:54 pm

"The survivors of Clan Kryze could rally the other clans to help save them from extermination. It'd be shameful to refuse, and even worse if Mandalore declares it necessary." Vera glanced back at Zanebry. "I would say we are an isolationist sort. Close knit, against the galaxy."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 am

"Well, seems like taking the fight to them isnt really a option then." He mused, it seemed it would likely turn into fighting all the Mandolorians then.

"What would you suggest then Vera? How do we proceed?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:22 pm

"Well, if we took them out quickly, it would be good. But something tells me they're going to escape." Vera sighed. "The best the Republic can do is keep tabs on them and be ready to intercept any new attacks."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 am

"Yeah, I dont think fast is on anyones mind right now." Zane offered with a shake of his head. "As damned annoying as that is."

He sighed. "Would be nice if they all just up and died from natural causes."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:35 pm

"As far as I am aware, they are all in healthy and fit conditions. It would have to be a stroke of luck for them to fall over dead." Vera gave a soft shrug. "I suppose you could try to fake it. But an entire family dying from mysterious causes doesn't go unnoticed."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:12 am

"There is a certain skill to it but you're likely right... There just isnt much of anything we can do here." He shook his head. "As much as I hate to admit it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:29 am

Vera smirked. "There's that dark side of yours. My unit and I? We just put them into the dirt. It isn't always clean, but it is quick." She stretched out her shoulders and put on a smile. "Well, let's stop talking about it then. Tell me, Zanebry, where is your life going to take you next?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:47 am

"Aye, it comes out from time to time." His hand slipped into his jacket to pull out his pack of smoke. "I keep telling that Captain of yours about it,but I don't think he wants to believe it's there." A frown made it's way onto his lips. "Or maybe he just doesn't fully appreciate what dark is."

Z shook his head. "Haven't decided yet, trying to figure out where I might be needed. There is a lot of shit going on out there, and some of it we've only brushed the tips of." He looked at her, lips quirking into a smile. "Any suggestions?"

Zanebry Varliss

Forum Statistics