Battle cruiser and carrier of the Republic!

Re: Maiden's Prayer (Day 13 Late morning)

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:37 pm

"That does have a certain ring to it. I imagine there are already songs out there in the galaxy about the concept." The woman sealed her flask shut and put it in her pocket. She glanced over at the profiles of all the targets she had to still keep tabs on. "I have to admit, I am little envious of Naveera. She knew how to get out."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:18 am

"Yeah, though I suppose you could say we've done better then some." He took another sip from his flask before stowing it away. "We could of ended up like Luth."

"I suppose the real question comes down to this." He looked towards Claire. "If you found the path to leave, would you even take it?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:27 am

Claire shrugged. "I have no idea what happened there. Maybe I should have given more heed to Matthias' notes on a possible 'early retirement.'" She shook her head. "I didn't... I don't want to be like him, though. I didn't want to treat my agents like they were expendable.

"So I guess when it comes to it, I'd rather me be here than anybody else."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:40 am

"I encouraged her to leave back on Nar Shaddaa, some people aren't cut out for this line of work..." He shook his head,he was still debating whether he should shoot her if he came across her again. "I probably should of mentioned that to you, as it is though, retirement isn't a option."

"I have to say I like you better then Matthais, you're not like him, not as far as I've seen." Of course she had to get her hands dirty working with him. "You do a better job in the position then I ever would."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:45 am

"Zanebry," she said, drawn out, in a scolding tone, "You should know what I meant by 'early retirement.'" She gave a consolatory smile. "It was considered for you for the first few weeks after you left the SIS. The old man even considered sending me to issue it. I played dumb, but his leading questions were obvious about my comfort doing so."

Claire rolled her eyes. "That's because you aren't one to follow any rules. You dig deep and make enemies with the wrong people." She lowered her eyes. "I put up with the politics."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:54 am

"I know." He replied simply. "But some subjects are easier to swallow when you play around with them." He let his lips twitch into a warm smile. "I'm very glad you decided not to, Claire. I would of very much hated to shoot you." There was no telling if that was exactly how it would of went down though of course.

"Yeah, I think you got the right of it there... I've had a couple friends in politics... Not too many though,as you said I work outside the rules. Most politicians can't seem to wrap their minds around that exactly." He sighed softly. "It was simply awful trying to help Captain Alderaan with some of these investigations."

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics