The pirate controlled city of the Southern Reach

I regret nothing ever [D6, EA]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Layne was told to go out into the city and get a feel for the place and its people. Which was as fine an excuse as any to do what she wanted to do anyway, which was to explore a city full of pirates and criminals. Now, she was also told to not draw attention, which was unfortunate because a Jedi in a place had a habit of doing exactly that. Fortunately, Layne was no ordinary Jedi! Well, she hoped her history with people not that different from the ones she was now surrounded by would at least allow her to fit in a little.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Re: I regret nothing ever [D6, EA]

Postby Chase » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Stood looking out over the port, Chase sighed, it was a vista worth fighting for. Damned shame that fighting for it often removed the whole reason for fighting in the first place. Still, that's why she was with the Republic. They protect worlds more often than not. not like the Empire. Not like the glory-hounds that were those bastards in their Tin-Cans.

Which inevitably brought her to spotting Layne moving through the crowds.

"Hey, Hoshin, wait up a sec," Chase called ahead as she jogged the last few bits of the way toward her.
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:11 pm

It almost seems quaint and busy, the people go about their business and it almost seems like the war isn’t even going on here. The people keep to themselves especially around the strangers.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Layne slowed down, marginally so, to allow the woman to catch up.

"Sup?" she gave her an upnod, then turned her attention to what seemed like a street peddler.

"Show me what you've got," she said, really little more than a conversation starter.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 am

The street peddler has candy mostly, and looks around furtively while showing the Jedi her wares.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:02 am

"Hey, why so skittish? I only bite candy. Things that bad 'round here huh?"

She sighed.

"How much candy will 50 credits buy me?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:07 am

Delmi trailed along with Chase catching the Jedi as she started to make her purchase. Delmi’s eyes scanned the area...
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:40 am

"Is this really the time for that kinda thing?" Chase said as she stepped up toward Layne's side. "Buying... candy?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:43 am

Layne Hoshin wrote:"Hey, why so skittish? I only bite candy. Things that bad 'round here huh?"

She sighed.

"How much candy will 50 credits buy me?"

The young woman gave Layne all the candy for 50 creds. She is nervous though speaking with the stranger.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:45 am

"What? You don't like candy? You can have some if you want."

And they say I don't have a clue. Come on, play along.

Layne took stock of her purchase, and placed a piece in her mouth.

"We're not here to cause any trouble," she told the peddler. "Just getting a feel for the city."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:49 am

The street peddler whispered, “I don’t want any trouble. Please just take the candy and go.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 am

"Thanks," she said, walking off with a small casual wave.

Presumably the others followed, and when they'd gotten a good enough distance away, she spoke to them at soft volume.

"See? Not only did I get candy, but we learned a bit about what life's like under the local 'queen'."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 am

Chase took a step back for a moment, glancing at the situation and just shaking her head. Walking off down the street a ways seemed the most appropriate thing to do. After all, three people standing around a lone vendor was a much more conspicuous sight and not the kind of attention she wanted to force on her.

Walking down the way she found a bench, promptly sat, and watched casually from afar.

When Layne finished she stood and joined again.

"Not exactly the kindest way of doing it, coulda brought her some trouble," Chase said.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:01 am

Delmi started to walk off in a different direction while the two of them spoke. She saw a sign for the “Golden Promenade” and started walking that road.
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:25 pm

"For what? All I did was buy her product."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Chase sighed, "Nevermind, I think I'm starting to get a bit of an idea of what I wanted to know."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Delmi Koor wrote:Delmi started to walk off in a different direction while the two of them spoke. She saw a sign for the “Golden Promenade” and started walking that road.

There was a speeder tram that could take her to the Golden Promenade, for a small fee of course.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:58 pm

"Yeah, it's that sort of town," she said in response to Chase. "Everybody's afraid of stepping over some invisible line."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:38 am

Delmi turned back to her companions and whistled before asking the driver, "So how much is it?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:22 pm

OOC: 10 credits for a ride on the tram.
Dapper Dog

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Delmi pays the fee and jumps aboard. Whether her friends were coming or not was up to them...
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Layne tagged along, also paying the fee. It might've been the 'preferred' tour as far as the queen was concerned, but that didn't mean they wouldn't learn anything.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:44 am

Those that take the tram are sped along a path that leads through leisurely suburbs down to the coast and then under the sea itself. The view is beautiful with natural sea creatures swimming on both sides of the craft. Swaying forest of seaweed give easy to a large complex built into the ocean floor.

The tram doors open to what looks like a venue of stores and beautiful undersea views.
Dapper Dog

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:54 am

Delmi walked off the train and headed down the market street slowly.

“Reminds me of some places on Nar Shaddaa... and the type of labor needed to make something like this.”

She looked at the faces of the people here looking for something she knew not...
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:01 am

"There's always a good part of town. And a bad part that keeps the other part running."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Next
Forum Statistics