Re: I fear no evil [D8, MM]

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 pm

"Or maybe not all of us are as jaded and misguided as you are," she responded.
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:37 pm

"Enough." Since the two of them show no sign of winding down this time, Tethys interjects in a tone as cool as a bucket of ice water. "Let go of your anger. You are both too experienced to let the vergence manipulate your emotions like this." She crosses her arms and adds, "Lunda, that was excessive. You agreed to come on this mission, and Layne did not deviate from the plan we all knew. Blaming her for this," she frees a hand and gestures around at the scene, "will not make you feel better about it in the long run." As she recrosses her arms, she sighs slightly.

"As for you, Layne... if you have suspicions, share them. If the Jedi didn't value you, you would not have been admitted to the Order. If the Masters didn't trust you, they would not have let you handle this alone thus far. You don't have to prove yourself again by being some kind of master planner or delivering the most important intelligence alone." She quirks an eyebrow briefly at the two of them.

"And certainly the universe gives a shit." The quote marks around the phrase are palpable. "The Force binds the universe, is the universe. We do not see all of it at once, but that doesn't mean it is arbitrary."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:48 pm

Lunda lowered her head admonished and said, “I… I apologize padawan Layne. I don’t agree with your methods but this was your plan, no matter the outcome.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:10 am

"My suspicions have been shared already."

She crosses her arms.

"But no, the universe does *not* give a shit. Not about justice. Not about right, or wrong. That falls to *us*."

She looked at the carnage again, for a moment.

"Sometimes we mess it up."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:12 am

Lunda sighed and nodded to the Doctor and headed back to the speeder. She was done with this for now.

“We will be waiting at the speeder,” she said to Tethys.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 am

Tethys nods at Lunda as she heads out.

"You've said that you are suspicious. You have not been clear about exactly what you suspect or why, at least not to me," she says mildly. "If you don't trust the Force, you may as well trust your fellow Jedi. One person alone can only get so far."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:31 am

"I thought that Rexla might be an Imperial or Sith spy. When I first met her and learned that she was on the same trail I was, I tried to call on the force to sense her feelings."

She shrugged.

"I got a nosebleed for my trouble, and saw the other me we faced a short while ago. Trying to goad me. I thought maybe it was an illusion created by the doctor, to screw with me. Or the Force, warning me that she was not what she appeared. I mean really, some random doctor with an Imperial accent just happens to be interested in a bunch of pottery from an old site where the Emperor was perfecting dark rituals? I can't be the only one who thinks that's suspicious. And to make things even more suspicious, I communed with the Force out in the desert. Meditated on it, and felt the presence and heard the voice of my old master. And immediately after, I get a call from the doctor telling me she's narrowed things down? Another coincidence? I don't believe that."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 am

Tethys nods. "I see. It almost sounds as though the universe gives a shit about you, Padawan Hoshin."

Arms still crossed, she taps a long finger against the opposite elbow for a moment. "Those are good reasons for some suspicion, at least. I should talk to the Doctor... later. Unless we can find the person who did this, there is not much else we can do here, and we shouldn't linger near the vergence." She frowns. "We might be able to take care of that permanently if we came back with many more Jedi, but I suspect it will have to wait until Bankor is at peace again."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:54 am

"Didn't I hear you say anything about knowing who did this?" Layne looked at Baesal.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:43 am

Beasal had moved away during the spat, prefering to focus on the task at hand, trying to sense Dynos but seemingly failing to.

''I think it is the work of Dynos Val, Zash's assassin.'' she finally replied

(ooc: won't roll seek because...it's a little late :P )
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:02 am

"That's the Sith lord whom you saw perform this life-extension ritual?" Tethys glances between Baesal and Layne for correction if her memory has erred. "So she knows about this place as well. In your estimate, is it more likely she's working for the Emperor, or pursuing her own ends?" She frowns again at the sad mess surrounding them. "Why not come for us as well?"
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:19 am

"Wait, how do you know he's with Zash?"

She looked toward Tethys.

"Zash is definitely not working for the emperor. She's probably after his secrets."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:04 pm

''Because I met him before, he is the one who cut my arm off'' she replied

''I doubt he changed employers between then and now...especially since he does not have anywhere near the level of intellect his master has''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:52 pm

"Shit," she said. "Well, who the fuck else but Zash would want to get what's in here? See, it's all making sense."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Beasal stood up and looked around for Lunda and the 'doctor'

"We should keep together, I am not sure if the Doc is Zash or not but we can't have them wander alone with a murdering ass around"
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:39 pm

"let's," she said with a nod.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:21 pm

"The sooner the better," Tethys agrees, making for the speeder.

/scene?
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:20 pm

/scene?
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:21 pm

/scene

Description
Layne Hoshin

Previous
Forum Statistics