Re: I fear no evil [D8, MM]

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Baesal frowned but did not say a word as she followed Layne to check for survivors
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:29 pm

They are all dead.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:34 pm

''I think I know who did this'' she murmured before turning to Lunda and asking her to come over
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Baesal Zyn wrote:''I think I know who did this'' she murmured before turning to Lunda and asking her to come over

Lunda came over with the Doctor following, both looking rather shocked at the carnage.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:39 pm

''Can you tell me in details what happened to you back in the temple? '' she asked with a concerned expression

I am sure Dynos did this...but why?
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:41 pm

"Yeah we searched a building, found it open. It was not a good place found some pottery and bowls and other things I am not sure what the Doctor called them, but we didn’t stay long. Layne called and we finished up and headed back,” she said.

“What about you guys?”
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:43 pm

She looked between the doctor and Lunda. Still not entirely convinced the doctor had no part to play in all of this.

"We found a recording, and in turn recorded the information it contained. We'll send it to the council as soon as able."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:48 pm

“Good, bout time we got the Council involved.” She put a communicator to her lips and said, “We need a recovery team at my location, sending coordinates. Priority, Jedi authorization.”

“Why did this happen?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:50 pm

This makes no sense

Baesal frowned

''That is all?'' she said eyeing the Doctor
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Doctor Rexa added, “I made sure to pick a structure that was small and hopefully inconsequential, master Jedi. If there is a problem then please voice it, I feel a sense of animosity and paranoia, and I am not sure if that is the vergence or just some anger to myself but I assure you, I did nothing untoward to you in this moment.”

“I was clear that I came here to for my own research, that was never obfuscated.”
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:02 pm

"Us Jedi were the only ones who knew about this back-up team. Well, and Captain Alderaan... but I doubt he'd betray us. Maybe Leila got sloppy and was too loose-lipped. Maybe my paranoia about the doctor was justified after all, and she's working with the Sith. Or maybe the Sith were just watching more closely than anticipated."

She had her hand up in her hair, scratching her skull as she thought.

"But why just go after these people? It makes no sense, unless they aimed to attack us back at the facility and wanted to deal with any surprises first. Or unless someone was herself paranoid, thinking we were going to ambush her."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:12 pm

“Perhaps send a message, this was carnage for the sake of carnage,” Doctor Rexa said kneeling by Lelia and closing the dead woman’s eyes.
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:26 pm

“It’s possible someone wanted to terrorize us, just to show us they could. Murder is an end in itself for some people,” Tethys agrees grimly, returning from her prowl around the wreckage. Predictably, Eralynn Varad intrudes on her thoughts for a moment.

“You think you know who did this? You mean the imposter, Darius?” She casts an intent look at Baesal. “I’ve never met him, but you have. Can you sense him anywhere nearby?”
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Lunda looked at Layne and said, “Who is the her? Stop speaking in circles be straight with me and stop lying, that’s the Sith way… you’re a Jedi.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 pm

She glared at Lunda, looked briefly at Rexla, then back to Lunda.

"I have never trusted her. You know this."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:49 pm

“Yeah well I don’t trust you, you lied to me about the explosion, you setup this elaborate trap to get these people killed… you brought us to this hell hole because only the great padawan Layne can save us? Maybe… just maybe if you actually trusted people then Lelia would still be alive… but no we had to do things your way,” she said walking towards Layne.

“This is all on your hands, you did this!”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 pm

She shook her head in disbelief.

"Maybe. Or maybe we'd all be dead. Either way, you are just too fucking naive, Lunda. Oooh, I didn't tell you about the explosion! What the hell would you have done, huh? Ran out in a panic? What if everything I feared about the doctor was right, and she'd hoped that we would stay ignorant about her ally's murder spree until it was too late? Maybe she'd realize the game was done and she'd have killed you while she had you separated from the rest of us. Or maybe the doctor is as innocent as you believe, but whoever's out there is listening in on our fucking communications. Did *any* of that occur to you? The universe isn't all happy sunshine the way you want it to be! Maybe if you had *listened* to me and stayed put, you would have been in a position to help Lelia. I don't fucking know the future. And neither do you, as much as you might like to think otherwise. We're all just trying to do the best we can, okay?!"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:25 pm

“Don’t put this on me, I was protecting the Doctor, there is no way any of us could have gotten here in time. But you brought her out there, this was your idea! You made that call and now you have to live with it and the worst part is that I don’t think you even care. All you care about is your stupid self imposed mission, all of us could die and you won’t care because all that matters is your stupid obsession,” she said back with anger.

“Well news flash, you’re just a stupid angry bitch!”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:34 pm

"Fine!" she threw her hands up. "Let's just forget my 'obsession', shall we? I'll just delete the recording I made, because I'm just a stupid bitch who isn't going to care when millions of people are dead when Coruscant burn, right? I'm sure you've got it all figured out anyway. You don't need me. When the republic's worlds start falling one by one, you'll be there to stop it from happening with nothing more than your bubbly personality and push-up bra."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:38 pm

She breathed in deep and then said, “No, because when… if that happens I will be ready to stand together with my fellow Jedi instead of trying to do everything on my own.”

“You think you know me, you think you have it all figured out… maybe you do, but if you can’t trust your fellow Jedi, then you have much to learn.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:46 pm

She shook her head again.

"You can't stand against shit when you die in a surprise orbital bombardment. Without me you and the rest of the Jedi would know *nothing* about *any* of this. Maybe, instead of insulting me and trying to make me feel like a monster, you could show a little gratitude and support. I already feel like shit, I don't need *you*, who has been completely useless, to make me feel even worse."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:49 pm

“Useless?” she glared at Layne looking to punch her and then frowned.

She breathed in deep again, “Maybe my first reaction isn’t to kill everything, I was protecting a civilian, sorry I wasn’t there for whatever you guys did. But I volunteered to help not be called useless just because.”

“The Jedi might be better off without you, because we don’t owe each other, that isn’t the Jedi way. We are servants, we serve the Republic not because it owes us but because that is the right thing to do! Maybe get your priorities straight!”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:12 pm

"I don't serve the *republic*. I serve my *conscience*. Maybe *you* are the one who should get their priorities straight."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 pm

"Jedi serve the Republic, it sounds like you just serve yourself," she responded bitterly.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:18 pm

She threw her hands up again.

"Will someone *please* explain to her the difference between her naive idealism and the realities involved in trying to do the right thing in a universe that doesn't give a shit about right or wrong?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics