Battle cruiser and carrier of the Republic!

[MM13] Monsters - The Brig

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:58 am

"I understand that the video won't be turned off. But as a Senator, I am exercising my right to disable the audio recording." Durasay narrowed his eyes as he was searched by the Marines, his arms out stretched while the scanner went over his silhouette. They seemed to be being extra thorough with him.

To be expected. Like I would jeopardize my position here and now. No. The opportunity was stolen from me. His head held high as they finished the weapons scan.

The door slid open. Durasay entered, and noticed two of the marines entering. Reaching out with the Force, he smiled. "You don't need to follow me in. Just watch from the monitors. If he tries something, you can rush in." Offering a crisp salute with his words, Durasay moved past them, the door sliding shut behind him.

A lone chair was sitting before the cell where his adversary was held. Durasay, dressed in his BDU, strode confidently to it. His footfalls were surprisingly soft. Sliding into the seat, he allowed his yellow-amber eyes to fall upon the other man. Anger and hatred welling up within him.

"I hope you know you're only alive because of the Jedi."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Re: [MM13] Monsters - The Brig

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 am

Ray shielding split the room in two, Dynos sat on a bed and looked up, “The Jedi are dependable, it is the one thing I like about them. I mean the Sith, will just murder you for any number of reasons but a Jedi, dependable and reliable.”

“Weakness, strength… eh who cares, I am on vacation. I mean let's be honest you either came here to gloat or feel like a big man, but really you're just a toady like anyone else in the Empire. Just another pawn that feels they are worth more than they are waiting to be tossed aside when your Master feels it convenient.”

“But that is why I am retired, you Sith play far too rough for me, I mean Senators attempting to execute helpless prisoners, what has the Republic come to.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:17 am

"Surprisingly, neither." He raised an eyebrow at the other man's demeanor. "Maybe I think you're lying. Or that this is an act. Separated from the moment, maybe I've had some clarity." Durasay let his ankle cross over his knee, both hands resting on the other.

"You and I. We almost crossed paths, on the Smuggler's Moon. I got to that cantina too late, except to witness what you had left there." Durasay's voice was surprisingly level, though fire burned behind his eyes. "I don't think you're really on vacation. I expect you'll either escape, or your Master will find a way to have you released." He locked eyes with the other man.

"I am no part of that Empire. That is only a bad idea of how things can be done. I don't buy into it. I'm something else. Just like you." The Pantoran smiled softly. "Do you really think you've been cast aside? Surely she doesn't think you invaluable.'
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:32 am

“You’re a Sith pawn, whatever you think you are, you are just another deluded fool,” he said casually.

“I usually do good work, I took pride in my occupation but eh… if Zash wants me back, she can try. I doubt it, she isn’t as sentimental as you may think, and it’s what keeps her alive I guess. Old Sith are like that, in my observation. Attachments just like the Jedi are dangerous, too many external weaknesses for someone to exploit,” he said.

“I mean you got the Turtle… you’re attachment to Moyr, I mean I could go on and on. Look I don’t care what you do, you won, throw yourself a parade. Like I said, I am retired, and retirement is expensive, cost an arm at least…. Looking to keep my legs,” he said ruefully.

“You want vengeance, its normal but I am just the messenger, well was. Moyr has enemies; every Sith does and those enemies are your enemies. She is fighting above her weight class and she got lucky, she is still alive. None of it matters to me, no juice in it,” he said lying back on his bed.
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:41 am

"... How much does she know about me. If you know that much about me?" Durasay tried to keep the sound of surprise from his voice. His heart, though, was racing. He and Moyr. The only other person that possibly knew the depth of that was Hala. Likely Baesal now, too.

"And what do you mean, Old Sith? I am afraid I am at a disadvantage, I don't know much about your old Master." He tilted his head slightly, curiosity mixing with his rage

"This is your first real defeat, isn't it?"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:50 am

“I mean it is the first time I was carted away without my own power sure, but a Sith that thinks they will win every fight is an idiot. Zash knows more about a lot of things than you probably realize, I just know she keeps tabs on anyone she feels could be a threat to her or have crossed her.”

“Zash… I just know she is old… or powerful, maybe both. You only learn what she wants you to learn, typical Sith in that way,” he said honestly. “I was good at fighting and being pretty, she liked that, as her other apprentice was a strong fighter but… a bit unhinged… and not exactly loyal.”

“He actually valued loyalty with his fellow Sith, and got burned. More fool him,” he said casually.

“But, not my problem.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:08 am

Should I be honored? Which am I? A threat? Or did I cross her? Durasay sat up straighter, before leaning forward to regard the other man. "Her other apprentice. Is he still alive? Or was that burning more permanent that just metaphor?"

What was I expecting here? Defiance? Bravado? A calculating supervillain?

Durasay breathed steadily, trying to keep his inferno of emotions in check.

"If it's not your problem, can you tell me her next steps? Since it is clear she will be my problem."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:15 am

“I don’t know,” he said laughing.

“I didn’t care what she did and she didn’t care to elaborate more than needed. Only Zash knows, I just knew she wanted the holocron… umm… some dead guy obviously. Big time Sith once, name escapes me,” he said casually.

“Other guy is around, we didn’t cross paths, better that way probably. I get it you want to be prepared but as far as I am concerned anything important I am saving for the Jedi, just looking out for ol’ D for now. If Zash wants you dead, well just add it to your list, sure your Master will come save you.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:28 am

Now that is something I can work with. "And then what? Sit in a cell for the rest of your days? Contemplating the nature of the Force guided by a Jedi?" His voice showed concern, or maybe just genuine curiosity. "This isn't just about protecting myself. There's something greater here. Being in the same orbit, it has purpose." He didn't sound preachy, just matter of factly.

"You do realize, that as a Senator, I can have a lot of clout to make things easier for you?"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 pm

“No, you have too many ties to the Sith, I am done with that. Would rather waste away in this cell than that,” he said.

“I don’t doubt the Force is at work, but I will be damned if I will be its pawn.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:22 pm

"It doesn't just guide or direct you. You know it obeys your command, too." Durasay shook his head. "Well, I was thinking finding a way of just having you released to your own devices. But if wasting away in a cell is your preference, that's fine too."

How could he be so broken so easily?

Durasay shook his head. "Why'd you do it? Of all people, why did you kill Lelia? Attacking Baesal and Moyr, I can understand. I hate you for that, but I get it. Lelia, though. She... she had so much potential."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:35 pm

“I won’t waste away in a cell, chances are the Jedi will do everything they can to show me the light,” he said laughing.

“Maybe it’s time to see how the other half lives. As for whoever that girl was, she was a target; Master said she needed to die. I am not sure it needs to be more complicated than that.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Rage flared deep within Durasay. His eyes narrowing at the callous, indifferent way that Dynos referred to Lelia. "She was a talented, gifted being. Strong in the Force, with a desire to just roam the galaxy. Your master, though you, robbed the Galaxy of her gift. Of her."

He took a centering breath, not wanting to just lash out. To ruin everything just to satiate his desire to end him.

"I suppose they will try. And if they fail. I would run. Just hide deep in the outer rim, and spend the rest of your days in a simple life. Otherwise?" The Pantoran smirked, standing from the seat. "If not me, I'm sure your Master would come looking for you."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:36 am

“You think Moyr gives a kriff about other people, she’s a Sith, she has people she wants dead like any other. No one is special we are all just living till we are not. You have this misguided ideal that the Sith give a kriff about other people other than themselves, that does not bode well for you buddy,” he said with a shrug.

“What about the rest of the folks, they all had families and people that cared about them, sorry buddy but she was no more special than anyone else. Your attachment does not make her a magical soul. It just makes her another victim.”

“I know what I did, I don’t live in self delusion.”
Dapper Dog

Forum Statistics