Re: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (D10, MA)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:10 pm

"But... is it true that it is some world of sentient machines?"

That would at least solidify the suspicion of who was responsible for the theft.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Baesal looked stunned

''Okay, now I need to know where you learned that''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:17 am

Lyseil looked to Cole, who had already heard about some of it weeks ago when she made her report to Niall. Taking a deep breath, she looked back to Baesal.

"I was tasked with looking into the matter of the stolen Heraldian Cipher, on the suspect that it could've been connected to another case which I'm not at liberty to indulge details of, but the short story is that they do not seem to be strongly related after all. Anyway, I was given the seventeen-page document written by dr. Vasir Rexa detailing the stolen artefact for study, and I discovered by comparing it to my own experience in the field that there were some pieces missing from her report, such as there being more tablet similar to the stolen one, found in Wild Space, all dating back to the Rakatan time period."

"I checked out some sources, and my research pointed me to more... myth than anything really, that it might have involved a machine intelligence of some sort, distinct from the Rakata. Understandably, the details are unclear and information is limited, considering the lack of data we have of that time period. Trying to uncover more of this sentient machine intelligence led the trail to the Jedi Archives, and with the assistance of Knight Tethys Carrack, I was able to speak one of the librarians over Holo."

"The librarian wasn't able to find a whole lot, but she is supposedly looking into it still since I haven't heard back yet. According to one fringe theory found, however, there seemed to be some conflict between the Rakata and the Machine Intelligence civilization... and that the collection of tablets that the Heraldian Cipher belong to was to archive this conflict... there were some hints that this conflict may have precipitated the fall of the Rakatan Empire, but it's a theory that didn't gain a lot of traction."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:24 am

Cole tugged a pant's leg and sipped at the tea Lyseil had provided, half paying attention.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm

The togruta listened carefully at Lyseil's explanation, somewhat astonished by the leg work she had been able to do.

"I am not surprised things were missing from Rexa's report...but from what I know what you said that might be true. I have encountered a very advanced and hostile A.I a few years back that dated back to the Infinite Empire epoch. I have spent some time tracking her and foiling some schemes and I learned that it came from said Iokath."
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:09 pm

"Knight Carrack did mention that," Lyseil nodded. "Would you think it likely this A.I is the one who stole the Heraldian Cipher, or took part in its theft?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:45 pm

''I cannot be certain but I think that may be a safe assumption. While taunting me she revealed that she had found a group to work with...I think they might be the ones directly responsible''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:03 am

"A group?" Lyseil raised an eyebrow, trying to contain her curiosity. "Did she... say anything about what sort of group?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:14 am

''No'' she said shaking her head ''Nevertheless, I think I know who they are''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:22 am

Well, she was certainly interesting in knowing more about that!

"If you would share, I would be grateful. And your assistance would be spoken of highly in my report that can put a conclusion to that particular investigation."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:40 am

Baesal frowned drinking her tea

''I am ready to tell you but not here...'' she turned to Cole ''...it is not a personnal thing, Doctor, but I worry that knowledge of this group could put you in danger.''

She paused

''But if you don't mind it then I suppose I can speak now''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:05 am

Running a hand through his hair, "I don't mind, carry on."
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:26 am

As Cole gave his permission, Lyseil nodded for Baesal to continue.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:39 am

''I believe the organisation is called the Star Cabal, have you heard of it?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:41 am

"No, I can't say I've heard of it."

Didn't mean she wouldn't look into it.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:50 pm

"In essence it seems to be a group of highly influencial people with a great reach and they have hampered both sides during the Sith and the Republic for reasons for unknown."

She took a long sip of the tea

"From what I learned they seem to despise force users"

What I learned FROM THE FUTURE
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:52 pm

"What an oddly specific hatred," she mused, wondering what the reasoning could be for it. "I see... sounds like a rather secretive group. It will probably be difficult to uncover anymore information than you already have, but I'll see what I can do."

"We're also still waiting to hear back from the Jedi archives about more on the Cipher and this machine intelligence, so maybe something will come up."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:23 pm

''Not sure if there is more about it...We hardly know abotu the Rakata and they played a part in our ancient history, I doubt Iokath did''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:27 am

"The time of the Infinite Empire was so long ago, and so little has survived from that time..." Didn't stop researches from focusing entirely on Rakatan-studies. "But it's worth looking into. Rakatan technology has had a rather dangerous track record when they've resurfaced in more recent history."

She really hoped there would be more to learn from the Jedi archives.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:24 am

''I certainly hope we can find more information about this...I have no doubt that Iokath will be of importance to the galaxy''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:30 am

"It's quite possible," she gave a serious nod. "Proof of a machine intelligence society, an entire planet even, is bound to cause quite a lot of stir for historians."

"I'll let you know if I come across something new about it, master jedi."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Baesal tentatively reached for one of the chocolates

''If you are searching for Iokath then be wary of HYDRA, the A.I I told you about. I think she currently found a body to inhabit...likely a very advanced droid''
Baesal Zyn

Previous
Forum Statistics