Re: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (D10, MA)

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:19 pm

“Of course,” he lied. “That’s why we’re here, isn’t it?” Closer examination might have revealed to double edge to his question. Of course they were here to help Bankor in its time of need, but hadn’t the Republic also played a role in the planet falling to its occupiers in the first place?
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:31 pm

"Right," she nodded. "We're here to help, and I'm sure we can do more once the fighting is over. Kind of like being a doctor for a planet, yes-yes? I mean, the fighting is important too, but it's the healing afterwards that is nescessary for a recovery."

Lyseil didn't pick up on Cole's second meaning to his words. "I will at least try to do what I can. I... don't feel right just leaving these people on their own when all is said and done."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:35 pm

“Is all really said and done just because the occupying Mandalorians are defeated? Or will it be done when Bankor has recovered from all this?”
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:41 pm

"If you were to ask the military, they'd probably say it's when the Mandalorians are defeated," Lyseil shrugged. "Which is what I was referring to."

"I personally think we can do more than just show up to fight a war, you know."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:18 pm

“Sergeant, I am a surgeon. My job does not begin until after the fight. Whether the Republic chooses to commit sufficient resources to Bankor in the aftermath or not, triage is still part of our duty.” Cole ran his hand through his curls and wondered if the galaxy was just to big to stop all the bleeding.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:49 pm

"Hm..." her lips pressed together as she nodded. Seemed best to maybe move the subject in a different direction.

"So when that is over, where will you be going?" It was a fair question, she felt, since he had asked her first.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:04 am

"Coruscant first. Then here or maybe there or maybe somewhere else. I'll work on the finer points when it's closer to that time."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:07 am

"Coruscant, huh?" Lyseil did perk up with some interest at that. "And then... back on the job? Goodness, no vacation in store for you?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:13 am

Cole frowned in evident confusion. "What would I do with a vacation?" Half-shrugging, "I've got Emmed and The Triage, I just need to square some things with HQ first." A rustle of movement could he heard as Cole spoke, though the source was not apparent.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:16 am

"Well, most people take time to relax and recover when they go on vacation, captain Ormont, It's good for our physical and mental health to take a break once in a while." She looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:22 am

"There will plenty of time to relax and recover between planets. Space is large." A little too much time, he recalled, the long hours of isolation with frigate group PCED-MED01 had been more wearing than the long hours of work he put in to stave off the boredom.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:07 am

"I don't know... space travel isn't particularly relaxing. You're just stuffed in a tin-can going through hyper-space. Nowhere to go." She shrugged. "And even then, there's work to be done."

She offered him a gentle smile. "You should try taking a weekend somewhere nice some time. Somewhere that isn't a box. Might be good for you, you know."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:14 am

He gave the young woman a hard look, eyes cold, "consider it taken under advisement." To Cole, sitting in one place with his thumb up his ass was much the same whether the scenery was pretty or not.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:37 am

Lyseil met the cold hard gaze with a warm smile. She wasn't a woman easily intimidated.

"Really, it's not like I'm strong-arming you into a Zeltronian Pleasure Cruise," she chuckled, taking the situation with good humor.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:40 am

Intimidation was the furthermost thing from Cole's mind, he was just tired of people trying to control his life. He let his corner of his mouth turn up in an insincere smile and took another chocolate.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:55 am

Lyseil ate the other half of the chocolate piece she had taken a bite of earlier, once again satisified with its taste. "These are so good... where did you get them?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:04 am

“If I had to guess, I’d hazard they’re from Port Garig. The patient that gave them to me didn’t seem like the romantic type, so I imagine it was a gift of opportunity.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:09 am

"Romantic-type?" Lyseil rose an eyebrow. "And here I thought you doctor-types had all the romantic types coming back to you, like they do in the holo-dramas."

She kept a light-hearted tone and took another sip of tea. "Still, it's nice when patients come bearing gifts, I imagine?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:35 am

Cole shrugged, “I wouldn’t know on either account. My patients don’t exactly keep in touch,” except that one, he mused. Cole felt no real need to keep tabs on the patients after they moved on any more than he felt the need to send postcards to the Rodian he’d bought stimpacks and bandages from on one of the many planets he’d seen during his recent tour.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:43 am

"Hm, really?" Lyseil took another piece of chocolate. "Well then! I owe you my life, captain, so I hope you don't mind if I keep in touch."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 am

Cole’s flicked his fingers dismissively, “you are exaggerating,” he had his matching wound on the other side, and he’d hardly credit the medical droid that had injected him with a Stimpack as having saved his life. On the other hand, he’d been med-evacced, and she’d been ‘rescued’. I suppose most things look different when someone cares about you.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 am

"Perhaps, but I never forget people who have helped me, or saved me, captain. For you I might've just been patient no. 24601, but for me, you saved my life. That will never change." Lyseil was not dismissed!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:30 am

“My patients are not faceless entities, Sergeant, but they have their lives, upon which I have touched briefly.” For a moment, he might have sarcastically suggested that their transaction had been no more significant than purchasing additional ammunition for her sidearm, but it occurred to him that Lyseil probably sent him or her holiday greeting cards every year.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:18 pm

And suddenly, there was a knock on the door
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Cole’s looked up, this was probably the guest he had been expecting. Not to say that Lyseil was unwelcome, he would have sent her away if that had been the case. “Enter,” he called firmly.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics