Bluebird (Day 11 Mid Morning, Vera's)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:40 am

Maybe he shouldn't be trying to meet Vera in her bunk, she was in a relationship after all. But, this really wasnt a talk one had out in the open.

Striding down the hall of the ship, he paused outside the Mandolorian woman's bunk, hesitating a few moments before knocking. "Hey Vera, this is Z. Do you have a few moments?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Bluebird (Day 11 Mid Morning, Vera's)

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:33 am

The woman soon opened up the door and looked him up and down. "Su cuy'gar, Zanebry. What do you need right now?" She glanced back at her table. "I've been working on how to approach this superweapon. Have you ever found it weird that there are so many superweapons?"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:51 am

"It is a bit odd, especially since we never seem to have one." Why did they never had one? They only had a base full of spies and traitors. That really didn't seem fair.

"But, what do I need? Just to talk. And not about how you and Chet missed Jizz night. Could I come inside?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:58 am

"Right, of course." Vera backed away from the door and let Zanebry follow her inside. At the moment, none of her other compatriots were in the room. "Sorry about that. As I said before, Chet has never been much of a dancer. Nor one for huge gatherings."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 pm

"I'm just teasing you, and it would of been a disappointment anyways, I had a broken leg and couldn't dance a single step." He shook his head, as he walked inside, making sure that the door was closed firmly behind him.

"I suppose I'll get straight to the point though." There was a small pause as he tried to make sure there was enough distance between them, to keep Vera from punching him. "Did you know Thera had kids? Adopted kids that is?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

"Warfare will do that. Probably why you never see any Mandalorian professional dancers."

The woman blinked and then pulled out her pistol at the man. At the very least, she hadn't racked the slide yet. "How do you know about them?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:44 pm

"A Mandolorian professional dancer, would just dance on a broken leg." Zane offered dryly.

As the gun was raised, Z lifted his arms, trying to forestall any further aggressive actions on her part. "I know because Melv knows, Melv knows because Orar Varad knows." He shook his head. "Truth be told,I wasn't certain your sister had such a soft spot, so I had to double check"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:47 pm

"Should have put Melv into the dirt right then and there." She kept the pistol leveled as she looked away in thought. "And Orar Varad? How does that man factor into any of this?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 pm

"He's the man that freed Melv... When your sister was about to kill him." His lips drew into a thin line. "Had information on those kids, and he threatened them, threatened her." He shook his head. "I didn't want to believe it, but Melv couldn't get out on his own, and I know Orar Varad introduced him to Eralynn."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Vera re-holstered her gun and then crossed her arms. "Dammit, Zanebry. Did you have to bring such horrible news when there's a superweapon watching over the planet we're supposed to protect?" She took a few calming breathes and ran a hand through her bangs. "Thera said to never let anybody know."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 pm

"I wish it could be at another time Vera, when we were joking and having a round of drinks... But, sadly the universe doesn't work that way. we get terrible news and supers weapons..." There was a lingering pause as he lifted the hat from his head, and looked down at the ground. 'That's not even the worst of it either."

"I always knew Thera was cuter then she let on... Maybe not quite as cute as you, but..." He shook his head. "If it helps, you have my word I won't mention them to anyone one, but I have to wonder how a man like Orar Varad got a hold of that information. It'd be impossible if he's that man he says he is."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Vera smiled softly. "I would have probably smashed you over the head with my glass if you told me then. Probably would have punched you if you were closer." She turned a bit pink. "I take protecting my sister's children very seriously, is all."

The lieutenant took a seat at her table and tapped on it incessantly. "I have no idea. I never paid much attention to the man."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:49 pm

"You will note, I made sure I was well out of punching distance when I told you." His lips curled into a amused smile. "I have experience with how you react to surprises." The smile spread a bit wider as she blushed. "I figured as much, it's one of the things that make you adorable."

He let the joking drop,at least for the moment. "Orar paid attention to you though, and your clan. One of the things he demanded from Thera, was information on the Ordo. That and information on all of her bounties... I don't know what he did with the first, the second I believe he used to raise his standings... Manipulating missions to gain more sway in clan Varad.'

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:49 pm

"I think I would have at least used the non-cybernetic fist," Vera remarked with her hands now in her jacket pockets. "I think anyone would care about their family. Well, any Mandalorian."

The woman sat upright in her chair and took a breath. "I see. He must have known that Clan Ordo would have supported the Republic alongside the rest under Jicoln Cadera. Perhaps he also wants to get to me and the rest of the Irregulars." She scoffed and crossed her arms. "I feel real special now."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:52 am

"Thanks for that, I'd very much like to avoid anymore broken bones this trip." Dancing with cracked ribs wasnt very pleasant, and he owed more. "True, you just look cute when doing it "

"That's what I'd suspect, honestly I'd be a bit wary of miles as well. But I'm sure you know your people too well for anything like that." Zane said, his lips curling into a warm smile. "On that later note, you're always special, Vera."

Zanebry Varliss

Forum Statistics