Re: Chaos & Harmony (D12 MM, Tethys's bunk)

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 pm

''I am under the impression that she did'' Baesal interjected in the defense of Layne
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 pm

"To you, perhaps, Baesal. To the rest of us, only in vague terms." Tethys opens a hand palm-out. "By the time I knew the reasons for your suspicions of Rexa, Leilia and her comrades had already been murdered, and I had missed most of my chances to question or investigate her. This may surprise you, but I am not easy to deceive... if I know what questions to ask. And if Lunda had known about your visions," she nods slightly toward the youngest padawan, "perhaps she would not have trusted Rexa as much as she did."

"The Jedi are not the Sith. We don't aim to discredit and belittle each other or steal one another's achievements." One corner of her mouth turns up a little, wryly. "We're at our most powerful when we trust and teach each other, and our weakest when we don't. We can't undo what happened, but we can take the right lessons from it."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 pm

"I think I did do that, though," she said. "I said I didn't trust the doctor. I didn't think she'd turn out to be a Dark Lord herself."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 am

"You only told us why you suspected her--about your visions in the Force--after we had already gone with her to the temple. By then the Resistance crew were dead, and she must have had that holocron already. And I had no idea you mistrusted her at all until the morning before." Tethys shrugs one shoulder. "Incomplete information. You had nearly a dozen Jedi who might have been your allies in this from the beginning, had we known you needed it."

She shakes her head slightly, glancing from Layne to Lunda again. "I am not trying to make either of you feel guilty. But one day you'll be Knights with apprentices to teach, and you will need to treat them as you would hope to be treated--give them all the information they need to know how to help you, explain your choices with empathy and not anger." She sighs and adds, "I am not blameless either--I should have sensed how deep your uncertainties ran, all three of you. Asked more questions, stepped in sooner. We all have to live with what happened, and learn from it."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:36 am

"I mentioned my distrust at the meeting we had before we went to the temple," she said. "You were there. I shared everything I knew and suspected back then."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 am

"You didn't tell us you'd had a vision from the Dark Side when you tried to reach out to her. Or that you'd once sensed a Sith's presence around the time Rexa contacted you," Tethys points out. "Those things happened several weeks before we went to the temple, as I understand it." She chews the inside of her lip for a moment, considering. "We can't know if it would have changed anything, but... I would have advised you to share your suspicions with more of the Jedi present, as early as possible."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lunda Mae » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 pm

“I should have trusted Layne more, and I am sorry,” Lunda said.

“I just didn’t see anything that Layne sensed, she seemed so ordinary.”
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Previous
Forum Statistics