Re: [Day 10 - Early Afternoon] Space, The Final Front?

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:27 am

"Yeah, things went in a direction I wasnt exactly expecting. Ended up with someone new on my ship." He smiled slightly. "It should be a good partnership, but time will tell."

"That sounds like a good plan. Planning any meetings in advance. Last minute work from time to time, but it can get in the way of a lot of things." He could poke at this all a bit more, but it really didn't seem like the proper time or place.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:07 am

"Ending up with someone new from an unexpected deal? Did someone end up drinking all of your oil reserves and suddenly ended up in your debt?" She smirked faintly. Then again, she randomly ended up with a droid too, as she didn't know the droid came with the ship.

"I'm sure you have your way of doing things but your way probably is less risky if you're still around. I kind of wonder what happened to my previous employer..." She said pensively in thought.
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 am

"Some questions are better left unasked, if you are wondering about what happened to them..." he shook his head. "In the long run its probably better that you dont know."

"R4OXY joining was more of a mutual agreement. I can do most of the general maintenance aboard the ship, but anything more then that?" He shook his head. "I'm out of my depth. Add in that they know their way around computers, and were looking for work. Well it just fit."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 pm

"Is it normal for droids to be wandering around looking for work and jobs?" Teffa mused out loud as she thought that droids were typically made with a job in mind, unless they were just made and released to the wilds. "I suppose the droid must have a history with its resume."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 am

"You see it from time to time, at least in the more intelligent ones. Their intelligence might be artificial, but after a certain amount of time they develop personalities of their own." It made them very interesting to deal woth.

"You might see things like that in your own droid as the years roll but." His lips moved into a amused smile. "I'm not sure if you should look forward to it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:23 am

That or it might leave me to find a job elsewhere...I won't be too surprised if that happened. She thought to herself and gave a shrug with a faint smirk. "I think we'll just have to see if I stick with the ship and the industry long enough to see that happen. For now, Arbee seems less than impressed. I'm not saying that it has to be exciting but I have to see myself carving a niche for myself."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:55 am

"Any ways you would like to?" He raised an eyebrow. "Carve a niche for yourself that it? Trader, smuggler, something else altogether maybe?"

The woman seemed good at talking, whivmch could help with trading. He wasnt sure what her others skills were though. If any.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:22 am

Teffa found herself consciously glancing about when Berry mentioned a certain 'S' word. She didn't want to get in trouble just because some Republic official thought they were implying smuggling for someone else when they meant they would be smuggling for them. Or at least, that's what she would tell them. "...I guess that's the part I'm trying to figure out at the moment! I mean, it might be neat to be a trader but I don't have any stock to call my own."

"Also, I have yet to even get someone to buy stock, so that doesn't quite prove my worth as a sale person just yet," she said with a quick wink.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 am

"Anything you would like to sell? I'm told it's easier if its something you have a interest in." Like his own taste for alcohol. "I suppose you're able to sell it better that way?"

He shook his head. "I'd offer to help, but the trading I'd do is mostly on the side. I'm more of a investigator by trade. Finding people, finding things. I helped locate that Eralynn lady we took down a couple weeks back, among other things."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:53 am

"I have some fancy in clothes," she said with a few nods as she entertained the idea for a moment. "But I don't think it would be anywhere as fun as selling it to someone compared to being old on clothes. I think I've seen enough misery in some clothing vendors."

"An investigator by trade?" She looked amused by that. "Now that sounds pretty exciting, needing to go out there and solve mysteries or find things for people. I can't imagine that life getting dull easily!"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:21 am

He chuckled. "Do you know how much I would of paid to have an actual clothing vendor here?" Z asked with a soft chuckle. "I love clothes, and having someone with a supply would of been magnificent. I can understand not wanting to sell them though."

"Oh, it has its full moments but there is plenty of excitement too. It's why I was happy to hear that R4OXY was good with computers though, it might make a few things easier." He paused a moment to look her over. "I suppose its something you could get into of you wanted, but I should probably say that the excitement often comes with danger attached."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:57 am

"There was kind of one..." she said as she thought about on the very questionable mysterious vendor at the entrance of the sewer. "However, I guess he didn't just sell clothing. However, I kind of get why clothing vendors wouldn't be able to do much out here considering that people here should be dressing for combat and not a fashion show. Imagine the number of incidents if people tripped on their heels during a red alert or loose cufflinks were dropped in machinery?"

She laughed at the idea and shrugged openly. "I've done courier work by foot and served tables, those came with danger too. It seems there are very few things in the galaxy that won't end in trouble. So, being an investigator sounds cool, especially if I get a nice office to go along with it."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Z lifted up his arm to look purposefully at his cuff links. "That would be rather bad wouldn't it?' He replied with a soft chuckle. "You're right though, as much as I like to go on dates with well dressed women, A warzone isn't really the place for it." He looked her over for a moment. "Though I wouldn't mind taking you out to dinner sometime if circumstances allowed it."

"If you're interested in investigation though, I can help you get your foot in the door. Captain Organa is always looking for a solid line on information. Good investigators can provide him that, and I imagine you have some skill in getting people to talk."

"I can set you up a meeting if you're interested, you can have a long talk with him about offices."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:39 pm

"Well, you might have subverted that mindset with your little soiree. I've had my eye on a few outfits that were obviously not standard-issue Republic dress uniform. We won't see them in the hallways or on the bridge but that was an outlet at least."

She raised her brows and smirked, "I wouldn't mind that, if you're offering and especially if you're paying! Fancy clothes with a fancy restaurant? However, you might be hard-pressed to find anything fancy around here that isn't from a processed dispenser or frozen in carbonite before hand to give it that strange aftertaste. Of course, it doesn't have to be fancy, the thought counts too."

"Getting people to talk..." She mused for a moment if he meant coercion and the like, but this wasn't the Imperials. "I wouldn't mind a chat at least. I don't have to sign up with the Republic full-time, would I?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:15 am

"We'll have to see what opportunities we come across then, for dinner that is. I know I came across some fresh produce and the like when we were planetside. So maybe if we cant find anything like a restaurant something can be put together." Not that it exactly needed to be romantic but it could be fun.

"And I am glad that little event went over so well. I didnt really know if it would." He pursed his lips, it had definitely been worth the expense.

"Yeah." He flashed a smile. "You seem to be a rather charming individual. So I figured you might be good at it." The next comment got him to shake his head. "He might ask somewhere down the line, but joining the republic isnt required."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:25 am

"Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of restaurants back on the surface if the Mandalorians left them alone. More wondering what was around the ships here. Haven't had a chance to tour the rest of the fleet. I'm sure there's probably a fancy restaurant somewhere reserved for officers and the like," she gave a shrug of her shoulder at that.

Teffa couldn't help but giggle at the compliment and gave a quick glance around to see if anyone caught her doing just that. "Ah, well. I do try from time to time, it's a shame it doesn't do much to stop a blaster bolt or an explosion unless I was planning to catch one in the face. No mandatory Republic membership required, okay, I think that's something I'd be interested in."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 am

"Not much, well at least that we wouldn't have to sneak into... I suppose we could try to, there are enough republic uniform lying around." His lips curled into a warm smile. "That leaves out the fancy clothes, but it could be a whole lot of fun."

He chuckled as she laughed. "Well you do good from what I've seen. You're right about the blaster bolts, though. My smile doesn't do much to stop them either."

"Good, I'll tell him to give you a call. Hopefully you two can work something out."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:42 am

Teffa gave an enthusiastic nod regarding connecting her with the Captain. "Great! I look forward to it!"

"If there's one my size laying around, I wouldn't mind giving it a try!" She snickered, "I think we can skip all of that, especially when you're the one with the connections with the Republic and the Captain. I'm pretty sure you could get admission into this hypothetical restaurant, and probably even with a meal pass too. Are you close with this Captain, if you know he's looking?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:06 am

"We're friends, and I suppose I could... It might not as be as much as impersonating Officers of the Republic, but it's sure to keep us out of trouble." Which is probably a good thing all said and done. "Though I suppose I should probably find out if this hypothetical restaurant even exists before we start making plans." It probably did, somewhere.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:34 am

"Well, you're on good terms with him. It's probably a good idea to keep that up than not, even if for just some relaxation shenanigans." She gave a wave of her hand to dismiss the idea, as it wasn't a big deal. "So you're the seasoned detective between the two of us. Are there some pointers you could probably give? I'm guessing there's probably a ton of things you could probably go on about, so what would be the most important thing?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:38 am

"The most important thing?" He paused thoughtfully. "Dont get in over your head, if you think you might be dont ne afrais to pull out. You should trust your instincts with these kind of things."

"When to go for more, when to duck out that is." He paused. "Oh, and never take a case you're not sure about. A fancy pay day wont help you in your dead."

"Something along those lines?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 am

Teffa placed a hand on her chin and gave a few thoughtful inclines of her head at the advice. "I see, I'm guessing that this really all comes down to intuition when it comes to reading the people and the situation. Does it ever bother you to leave things just hanging, not just losing the credits over a dropped case?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 am

"Sometimes, but occasionally there is just no winning, and other times it's a dead end." Berry shook his head. "Then there are the times like with Captain Hurn, when they bail before you even get a chance of catching them." He reached up a hand to scratch at his cheek. "I guess what I'm saying, is that its important to recognize that all you can do sometimes is let things go,:

"Some would say it's a bit hypocritical coming from me. But it's good to learn how to move on, when you have to."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:56 am

"Not too hypocritical. I mean, you're here instead of anywhere else a lesser investigator might be? Unless other investigators are usually tanning and relaxing on a pleasure planet somewhere."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:52 am

"Ah, it's more that I'm bad at letting things go from time to time." He replied with a soft laugh. "So it would probably be strange to some to hear me say that."

"Though I have to admit a beach vacation sounds quite tempting after this."

Zanebry Varliss

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics