Re: Reminiscing (D10, EE)

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:58 pm

he pulls his head forward and smiles at Lyseil "Much appreciated, its the most I would accept anyway. In this galaxy we all do things and those things come with consequences and we are each responsible for dealing with the consequences of our own actions. I wouldn't ask you to wipe my slate clean even if you could. Wouldn't be right after all. No I got myself into this mess and I'll somehow find a way. Along with enemies and debts this life does lead to making decently powerful allies as well. I'll land on my feet one day. Its just about finding the right time to move."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:00 am

Lyseil gave a nod. "Sometimes people just need to be offered a chance to be better, right?" she smiled. "I can't make any promises, but if it comes to it, I'll see what can be done."

"Alderaan does have great faith in that people can change and be better. As does the Republic, when it remembers. Revan was pardoned for his crimes in the end, and hailed a hero for what he did. So I wouldn't say all hope is lost for you and Azura."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:36 am

Jax smiles back "Well like I said I appreciate it but I'm not overly concerned Saresh isn't the first or most powerful person thats wanted to put me in chains. I've gotten by with out leaning on the republic for a while, I can do it for a while longer."

"but we've spent enough time talking about me. What about you? I know you plan on going back to school after this but what about beyond that? Do you have a goal in mind for the future?" he asked with a raised eyebrow seemingly genuinely curious.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:08 am

"Hmm... I don't know. After Garig was..." she paused as she wasn't quite sure what word to use.

"After Garig, I've been thinking too much on how I can help people. How to help these people recover, how to stop such things from happening again." Lyseil sighed.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:27 am

"Obliterated is a good word, if you're looking for one in the future. As far as helping people it is a noble goal one you can be in a position to do a lot of with your position of power. As for for preventing it.....well a noble goal as well but perhaps a bit naive, there will always be those that use violence and terror to get what they want."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 am

"Yet a lot of violence can be prevented," she said firmly. "Maybe the Mandalorians wouldn't have attacked if things had been different. Maybe this war could've been prevented from starting at all."

"We can't change that, but we can change in how the Mandalorians are treated. We see from the Irregulars and the Crusaders that there are Mandalorians who aren't like the ones we're fighting. So there is a chance to change things for the better."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:41 am

"We've discussed the Mandalorian situation before I agree this specific conflict could have been prevented but it's impossible to prevent all violence or acts of terror. Not to say we shouldn't try but it's a hard road to walk, striving for a goal that pushes back against human nature."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:49 am

"I don't believe that violence and terror is human nature. There are far more cultures and civilizations that live in relative peace than those who clamor for conflict," Lyseil frowned.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:46 am

"But how many cultures are free of violence entirely?" he asked calmly "I don't doubt there are places where peace is achievable as a fashion but there will always be violence. You study history, you know that almost all civilizations have violent conflict at times. I'm not saying that streets will always run red with blood but that conflict is the nature of well, nature. It is the natural state of life, we can overcome some of it but not all of it."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 pm

"No place is entirely free of violence. Not even my homeworld. But from what history teaches us, that is spurred on by the minority rather than the majority of a populace. The majority of sentient species in the galaxy wish to live in peace, live stable lives and see the next generation grow up and prosper. When it is not a minority seeking violence, it is social injustices and times of desperation that are leading causes for conflict; slave revolts, toppling of corrupt governments, famine, plague... the latter thankfully mostly eradicated."

She shook her head. "A lot of conflict in the galaxy could be prevented by treating the roots of the issue rather than just fighting. Improve civil rights, make it harder for government corruption, better education available for all citizens to allow for a more educated populace that can seek any opportunities they might aspire to, make healthcare more available... and I'm rambling now. Sorry. I had a lot on this back during my Academy days, and my father is a politician, so I get a lot of it at home too..."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Jax shrugged "It's alright I don't have a fancy education and I'm not especially intelligent but I'm clever and have a hell of a lot of life experience seeing how it all works. I can't attest to historical cases or a multitude of civilizations but I can say every planet i've been to has an underworld and every underworld is ruled by violence and money and power. Power corrupts in my experience and people in power want to amass more power but power is finite so they have to take it from somewhere."

He smiled at Lyseil "I think we both just have different life experiences that have taught us different lessons on how the world works. I am glad to get a chance to discuss these things with you though, it helps expand one's world view to hear other peoples thoughts especially those who have led drastically different lives."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:39 pm

"I'm not ignorant of the existence of underworlds on many worlds; usually they are a symptom of an unfair society." She had seen a few seedy places herself, but there was no need to tell Jax about those experiences.

"But yes, you're right... we have mostly led different lives." I've always tried to do the right thing. Her lips quirked briefly.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:59 am

"eh in my experience most societies are unfair in one way or another, but while I may not agree with your worldview 100% I do think your goals are noble and I do wish you the best of luck with them moving forward." His tone was light while he spoke and he gave Lyseil a disarming smile as he spoke "I hope one day when I meet the Dr. Panteer of the future she can tell me about all the improvements she made to the world." his voice had no trace of sarcasm or cynicism in it and the smile he gave her was genuine.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:40 pm

"We'll see. I hope that when we meet again in the future after Bankor, you will always have turned a new leaf," she said with a slight nod.

"But... hm... I should be getting back to work. My break is up, it seems."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Jax looked at her "I can't promise I'll be a totally different man but I guess I'll try and do 'the right thing' more often." he gave her a charming smile "if that'll make you happy I'll give it a shot."

with that he stood with a stretched "yeah you and me both, someone has to get out there and stop those monsters from gathering more rocks to throw at defenseless cities. A few more things to prep to make sure Midnight is ready for a fight. Its been a pleasure as always princess."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:53 pm

"I think it might make you happier doing the 'right thing' more often, captain Dolross. Might make life better for you and yours, after all," she suggested with a smile.

"Ah right, time to go be a hero then, I guess? Do be careful! And may the Force be with you."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:16 am

"Perhaps. Though I guess only time will tell." he gave Lyseil a wink "Careful I might start thinking you care about me." he said with a chuckle as he started untying the sleeves of the flight suit and slipping it on him beginning to zip it up.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:20 am

"I care for the well-being of all the people here fighting the good cause," she retorted with a wry smile. "Besides, Azura would be upset if something happened to you, and I hate to think of all the paperwork I'd have to cover when she's done with her rampage."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:30 am

"Oh she'd certainly kill me if I went and did something as stupid as die." he replied as he finished zipping up the suit "think I can still rock the ol' flight suit?" he asked as he struck a heroic pose before devolving into chuckles.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:40 am

"Hmmm... " Lyseil crossed her arms in a contemplating-posture as she considered it. "Well, a trim of the hair, and you'll fit right in with the Republic pilots again. Looking good."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:47 am

"Hmm I don't know I rocked the republic buzz for enough years I thought the longer hair looked rather dashing? but perhaps I was mistaken I never had an eye for that sort of thing." he said jovially.

Jax looked at Lyseil his features a bit more serious and his eyes warm "Hey Lyseil be careful out there too. These will likely be a crazy couple of days. The hardest fighting is at the end."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:52 am

Lyseil gave him a warm and reassuring smile. "I promise I'll be careful. I tend to have a good head to stay out trouble."

Not that she knew Jax had seen her carried into medical when she had passed out from the sniper-shot.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:58 am

"This is war if you're going to be out there on the front lines you're going to be in danger no matter how good the head on your shoulders is I want to make sure it where it is. I assumed this was a lesson you had already learned." he said thinking back to that very day where Niall had carried her unconscious form into medical

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:03 am

"Your concern is noted, Jax, but I can't hide behind everyone else when there are people depending on us." She said with that Alderaanian military confidence.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:34 am

his smile was wide "I wouldn't expect any less from you Sergeant Sunshine." he extended a hand to her "give em hell out there but save me a dance at the victory party ok?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics