[MA10] - Friction

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:08 am

Durasay was staring out into space from the observation deck. His yellow-hued eyes focusing on Bankor, and her moons. The conflict that had been boiling over within him over the past week had settled somewhat, leaving him slightly jarred by it, but no worse for the wear. He stood there, his arms folded behind his back, his posture military rigid. They had been in such a hurry that he hadn't gotten a chance yet to try and survey the area to try and find out more information on Lelia's death. He would correct that when they returned. The mission was still paramount.

Oh yeah! I'm going there. Jedi business!

Their last conversation rang through in his mind. Based on snippets of conversations from before, he had a hunch as to who she had gotten recruited by. His jaw clenched at the thought, a slight surge of anger at not being available to help. He had rescued her once, he wasn't able to do so a second time. Not that she needed rescuing, but Durasay sometimes couldn't lose that need to be the big damn hero.

Relaxing his jaw, the Pantoran, shook his head, working through the visions in his mind, trying to just focus on the task at hand. The mission was coming to a head, and soon, it would be all of nothing. Breathing in deeply, he could feel the emptiness of the Space around the ship, matching the view through the plasteel viewplate of the observation deck.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Re: [MA10] - Friction

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 am

The Vizsla's approach was irreverently announced by the heavy steps of his armour boots on the deck that came to a halt by the screen. Ever in beskar'gam that however looked better than ever now, he crossed his arms while facing the void outside.

"It's been a while, Senator Mixo. I've got word your ship seeks a gunner for the outing against the mass driver."
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:59 pm

"Not my ship. But you've heard correctly, Vizsla." The Pantoran turned in his stance slightly, to face the Mandalorian. "And having seen you in action, I do think you'd be a welcome addition." He nodded as he spoke, regarding the beskar'gam.

"Our technician also just installed some new goodies that a man of your talents could appreciate. Sure, it's no heavy repeater hanging out the side of an airspeeder, but dedicated weapons platforms on a freighter have their charm." Durasay allowed his arms to relax to his sides, looking back out into the void.

"Pay isn't great, but it's steady work. If you wanted to stay on as well. I'm sure Nudimsu would appreciate it, as well."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:17 pm

"That's a big maybe. Let's consider this a one-off. I am fine with anything that has a barrel not wasting my time, and I'd like to bring the thing down, so for tonight, I can be that gunner."

His metallic fingers tapped at the screen, out of curiosity for the sound of it more than anything else.

"I wonder about your hindsight. What you told me two months ago still holds true for you, or some disillusionment has kicked in?"
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:14 pm

"Fair enough. Offer's on the table. If not, I have a friend who knows a mercenary company you might be interested in. Might be a good fit, too." He nodded, and then pondered his question.

"I can hardly believe it's been that long. But I suppose time does fly." His demeanor was stoic, pensive even. The tall Pantoran breathed harshly out of his nose. "I wouldn't say disillusionment. War, war never changes. It is a crucible of the body and of spirit."

Looking again to the other man, Durasay paused. "New perspectives, perhaps. But I've found staying the course has been working, for the mission. I know there are others who hunt glory. That was never me."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 pm

"I might be interested in that other thing. Wars are easier to find in a group." He smiled thoughtfully into the screen. "New perspectives are good. What I've got so far from other Blues is righteous fury, haughty ridicule, or dismissive suspicion whenever I've tried to talk about this campaign. A Mandalorian mindset does not sit well with most of yours."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:34 am

Lunda rushed toward the senator and stopped short and aid, “Hey… you’re the one, I saw you! I saw it!”

She panted lightly and then said, “Okay this is going to sound crazy but I think I just saw how you die.”
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:39 pm

"Mandalorian mindset is very different from the typical view point of a Republic citizen. there might not be a way to ever reconcile the two thoughts. Then again, I don't think there really needs to be that..." Durasay answered Oddyn, but before he could continue, the news from the young Jedi called his attention.

"It's only crazy if one doesn't trust in the Force." His eyes narrowed as he watched the young woman, regarding the exasperation in her voice, the urgency with which she ran up. "What did you see?"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:45 pm

“Well I trust in my teachings and my instincts. I … I saw you in a dark hallway, a ship maybe, alone and you were intent on vengeance… you looked angry and then came face to face with a dark figure weidling two lightsabers and they cut you down and said something like, ‘You just got your daily dose… of… vitamin D?’”

She frowned, “It was vivid.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:49 pm

Oddyn turned silent, suddenly exposed to a rather exotic conversation. It felt surreal to him.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:58 pm

A pun like that? Only one mouth like that in the Galaxy.

"That is... concerning." Durasay stood a bit taller, tilting his head slight as he regarded the woman. "Was there anything else you say, master Jedi?" He set his jaw as he asked, then looked to Oddyn. "Sometimes, the Force brings one visions of what will happen, or more accurately, what could happen. The future is always in motion, nothing is ever set." A pointed nod, and then another glance at the Jedi.

"How vivid? Did you get a sense of when it could happen?"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 pm

“Seemed soon.. now that I think about it… I wonder if me telling you is what gets you killed in the first place,” she frowned.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:05 pm

"If you saw it, it means the encounter would likely happen, whether or not you told me. Whenever you have a bad feeling about something, you should trust that feeling... I'm sorry, Lunda, right?" He raised an eyebrow as he spoke to her. then a slight look of concern. All of this, was it bringing him answers he sought? If his suspicion was correct, and based on the security warnings issued by command, this was the same man that attacked Moyr and Baesal.

The man who had escaped before he and the good colonel had arrived.

"Did it seem like I had put up a good fight, at least?"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:08 pm

“I didn’t… I don’t know. I just saw him cut you down, it was fast, it seemed like a hunt, but I am not sure who was hunting and who was the hunter? They were skilled, deadly, and I felt like they were not alone but the other presence was hidden from me,” she said.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Another presence? That is a detail that could have been given, earlier. He pursed his lips, processing the information as it had been given. "Well, that is an interesting view. A hunt. Something to always be prepared for now."

Dealing with lightsabers will be an issue. May have to fight smarter. If it happens.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lunda Mae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 pm

“Well I just wouldn’t want you to be caught off guard if I could help it. I just hope I have not sent you on a task that ends with the vision,” she said, conflicted.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 pm

"You two seem to believe there's some immediate trouble brewing. Assassination or something?" Oddyn decided to intercede.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Durasay looked to Oddyn, his face dour for a moment. "No. Not really an assassination. Well, not politically motivated, anyway. Someone who's path I've yet to cross. But it seems that I'm being drawn to them. Unfinished business, rather." His arms cross across his chest. "But I don't have anything definitive yet. Just her vision. Which may not happen the way she saw it." He wasn't trying to play it off, but that was just his way, constantly cool under pressure.

"Or it could just be bad luck on my part. Never can be sure at this point."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 am

"Stack your deck then? Get some contingency plans up?" Oddyn offered, not really pinpointing what the man was talking about.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Lunda Mae » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:15 am

Lunda added, “I don’t have much else, I guess I just wanted you to know. Be careful, Senator. Whoever this is is dangerous.”

/exit unless stopped

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:50 pm

"Thank you. I appreciate your concern. Trust in the Force, Lunda. You'll find strength in it." He added before she left, then looked back to Oddyn. "That's the definite plan. No reason to go in without back up. Or walk into a trap." Concern grew upon his face. "Though this may be more than it seems. That they have come this far, without detection, does not bode well for us."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:59 pm

"Who are they?" He asked matter-of-factly.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:17 pm

"Well, I have a suspicion. A killer who cut down a friend of mine, left her alive. And I believe he may have been the one to kill a friend of mine here. I'm sure you've seen the security reports. Dynos Val." His face turned more serious, as he said the name aloud. "I missed crossing paths with him in Nar Shaddaa by a few moments. It's been a slow spiral since then in the same orbit. Now it just might be the time."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:24 pm

"Hearing the name for the first time, but no wonder there's history behind it. What is that Vitamine D man after?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Durasay shook his head. "I have no idea. I'm sure enacting part of an arcane plan, but it's inscrutable to be from this viewpoint." The Pantoran pursed his lips.

Could they have figured out what I am? Or who I am tied to? That could make things very... difficult for me.

Durasay Mixo

Next
Forum Statistics