Reflection [D11 LM, OPEN]

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Niall stood in front of one of the heavily reinforced windows that looked out into space. It was a pleasant view, relaxing even. The distant glint of stars, the bright blue of Bankor. Battle seemed distant.

But it was never far away. Niall was outfitted in his gear, the new uniform he'd had adjusted for the clothes he'd purchased. His pistol was ready in its holster. After all, he had a mission soon.

For now... Niall looked out the window with a sigh, his expression pensive.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: Reflection [D11 LM, OPEN]

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Delmi Mask.jpg
Delmi Mask.jpg (43.85 KiB) Viewed 9430 times

"Gets old after a while..." A female voice modified by a helmet comm said from behind him. "Looking out at space."

She took off her helmet to reveal herself to the Captain as she leaned on the railing in front of them. "Is that anxiety I see on your face?"
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Niall turned, frowning for a moment, until he recognized the voice. He smiled gently as the helmet was removed. "Delmi. It's good to see you again."

Reminded, he glanced back out. "You think so? I suppose it does. It looks like it never changes." His lips quirked. "It does, of course. We just can't see it."

He looked back to Delmi. "Anxiety? No." He shook his head. "I was just thinking. Reminiscing, perhaps. A lot has happened since we first made planetfall. Much more than I've had time to process."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:39 pm

"Yeah?" She asked as if inviting him to elaborate a bit more.
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:42 pm

"Hmmm." Niall's lips quirked. "I scarcely know where to begin." He looked out the window again.

After a few moments, he spoke. "I just lost a friend. Sort of. It's complicated. By all indications, she left the ship last night with a suspected Sith. The whys and wherefores are going to take a bit of sorting out." He sighed. "Both the facts and the feelings."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Delmi turned her neck slightly towards him, "Someone I know?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Niall turned his own head to look back at her. His expression was serious, but his grey eyes were soft. "Yes, in fact. Luth Khalan. She came along on the mission against my sister's killer." He said.

His lips pursed thoughtfully. "I thanked her for that. She understood. I think she did, anyway." His lips quirked. "Thank you again, by the way."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:18 pm

"So she was like a spy...?" She asked. "Right next to me... ain't that a kick in the teeth?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:23 pm

"Probably." Niall said, looking out the window again. "It looks like she may have killed someone, too. That'll be investigated, but... somewhat less urgently." He shrugged.

He glanced back at Delmi. "I remember what you told me about yourself. I can see why this would seem like a rather familiar story to you." He offered her a sympathetic smile. After a moment, he sighed. "I don't know. I'm still working out how to feel about it. I just... don't understand, yet. We were very close, she and I. Or so I thought."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:34 pm

She shrugged, "That's what spies do... My mom duped my dad into thinking they were in love... Even had a kid and everything. That's their job man."

She patted the man on the shoulder, "Sucks to be played like that. I feel for you."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Niall inclined his head slowly. "Thank you." He said.

After a few moments, he smiled. "What about you? Any deep thoughts? Or just come here to appreciate the view a bit?" His lips quirked. "It is nice, even if it does get a bit dull eventually."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 pm

"I did my thinking a bit earlier." She said with a slight smile. "Thinking I might give this whole... republic thing... a chance. I'm lookin' to maybe sign up... wanna be in Havoc Squad; like my dad was."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:10 am

Honestly, Niall hadn't really been expecting that. His eyebrows went up, surprised. "I'm... glad to hear that, Delmi." He gave her a nod. "And from what you've told me about him, I think your father would be glad to hear it, too."

He tilted his head, looking at her. "May I ask what brought you to this decision?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:10 am

“I’ve fallen madly in love with you and wish to follow you across the galaxy.” She replied in an almost perfect deadpan response if not for the slightest of smirks on the opposite side of her face.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:36 am

Niall's lips parted, then shut, twitching as he tried to keep his own expression serious.

"Okay." He said, equally deadpan. "There's a spot on the recruitment form for that. Just make sure you check that box, or you won't be processed into the unit properly."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:45 am

“I’m not surprised. Those posters must be boostin’ recruitment like 200% among the female population.” She let the smirk reach across to the other side of her face.

After a few seconds she leaned forward onto her elbows and said, “Nah... just feels right. Helping people weaker than myself. Protecting people with the skills I got rather than just livin’ for myself. I think it’s programmed somewhere in me... this ‘protecting’ business. Of all the ways that someone with skills like me can live... this seems the most... ‘right’. The easiest way for me to look in the mirror and keep going.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:50 am

Niall laughed softly. "I'll take that as a compliment." He said, his tone dry.

His expression grew serious as she spoke. He listened, finally nodding as she finished. "I'm glad, Delmi. I really am. Not just that you've found something you want to do, but because I think you can do it. Make the galaxy a better place for those who don't have much."

He smiled. "If you want, I'd be honored to put in a recommendation for you. I've read reports, and seen you in person. But I'll understand if you want to do it entirely on your own."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:55 am

“The Republic is all about who you know... It’s a bit game of politics... even the fighting... so I’d be stupid to turn down help from somebody that is worth a damn. I don’t take you to be the manipulative type that’d hold me to some obligation if you put in a decent word for me.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 am

Niall turned to look at her. "No, of course I wouldn't. But I also wouldn't recommend you if I didn't think you'd be right for the job."

"And... there's more to it than that. There's no sense in denying that there are those who are more fortunate than others. But other things matter, too." He smiled. "Havoc squad's certainly good for that. Can't do well there without merit, that's for sure."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 am

"That's probably why it's more my speed." She said with a nod.

"Hate to end up like that Jax dude and the senator..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 am

"Mmm." Niall grimaced delicately. "Well, to some extent, she's not wrong. Jax did break the law. But, he did also try to rectify that mistake. Something that not everyone does."

He shrugged. "Not everyone believes in second chances. But there's enough in the Republic that do, myself included. Jax will be fine, I expect."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:31 pm

"Just gotta be careful of the ones who don't." She said with a voice that spoke from experience.

"So... what's next for you then Cap...? Once we get out of here."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Niall's lips quirked. "That's certainly true." He said.

With a sigh, he looked back out the window. "Some of that remains to be seen. Certain things that need to be sorted out." He was silent for a few moments. "I will be going home, at least briefly. I try to go once or twice a year. See my parents. Old friends. Old places."

He glanced back, his lips quirking. "Professionally, I don't imagine much will change. I hope to be involved with the rebuilding of Bankor. At least some of it. I expect it will take rather a long time."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:37 pm

"Yeah? What'll you be doing? Like... what does 'rebuilding' imply for someone like you?" She asked.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:36 pm

One eyebrow went up a little bit at that, but Niall answered genially. "The first step is to get Bankor what they need. I hope that we can persuade the Alderaanian government to step in. Since I'm going back there anyway, I'll apply effort there."

"After that..." Niall spread his hands. "I would like to come back, and help out a bit personally. I've sometimes been involved in civil projects, although not often." His lips quirked. "There always seems to be a conflict, instead. And I've been working with SIS lately. But I hope to be able to lend a hand, at least."
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics