Re: Reflection [D11 LM, OPEN]

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 pm

Niall turned back towards the viewport, gazing out. "I wanted to do my part for Alderaan. And for the Republic. That's the simplest part."

He took a deep breath. "But I don't just feel obligations going backwards. I feel them going forward, too. I had an idea that perhaps, if I worked hard enough, I could make the galaxy just a little bit better for the next generation." His lips quirked. "I'm not so full of hubris to think that I could make an enormous difference. Nevertheless..." He shrugged.

"I still want to do that." He said, his voice a little softer. "But it always seems like a person could be doing more, doesn't it?"
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:17 pm

"That's why you just gotta keep plugging along man. Every little bit of good you put into the equation is better than if you put none at all. But when you go for fame or fortune or some fancy position... a lot of the time you're cashing out that good you've invested. Callin' it in for yourself. You don't have to worry about the 'more', just worry about the now until there isn't a now anymore."
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:01 am

"Some of my obligations require me to take positions." Niall said. "Especially with my parents being who they are, and my family name being what it is." He sighed. "But I trust that I do it because it is necessary, not for my own glory." He gave her a wry smile. "If not, well, perhaps I can count on you to tell me otherwise, eh?"

He gave her another curious look. "Would you like to visit Alderaan sometime? It's not for everyone. I couldn't even say if you'd like it or not. But you might."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:02 am

She tilted her head, "Don't know too much about Alderaan. Lots of fancy folks doing fancy things. I'm not really one for dance parties and stuff."
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:24 am

Niall laughed softly at that description of his home planet. "There's rather more to it than that." He said dryly. "Everyone seems to remember the nobles. I suppose so many of us do make an effort to stand out."

He shook his head. "But I was thinking of other things. I may have some bias, but I feel that Alderaan has some of the greatest natural beauty in the galaxy. Forests, mountains, lakes... the stars at night..." Niall's gaze went distant for a moment.

He came back to himself with another shake of the head. "It's an excellent place for someone who wants to try a little peace. Where the whole rest of the galaxy can just shove off for a while." He looked at her, his lips quirking. "I know you're a fighter. But even fighters can use a week off from time to time, can't they?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:41 pm

"I don't know. Haven't had one recently... a day or two here and there, sure." She shrugged.

"We'll see what my schedule looks like if I don't end up dead."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 pm

"Well." Niall's lips quirked. "Here's hoping."

He smiled. "That's one nice thing about working for the Republic. Regularly scheduled vacation time." He sighed. "Although... sometimes that gets forgotten. Speaking of working tenaciously. The system is sometimes a little imperfect."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 pm

"Lucky for my employers that I don't expect much rest, then." She replied with another smirk.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Niall raised one eyebrow. "Yes, well, it's highly recommended. At least from time to time. Speaking both on a personal level and a professional one, mind you."

He sighed. "Of course, I'm hardly one to criticize. Overwork is something I've struggled with in the past."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:10 pm

She chuckled, "I'm sure you're just fine. Those squishy cheeks show a decent amount of rest over the years."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 pm

"Squishy cheeks?" Niall said. His eyebrows went up as he chuckled softly. "I can't help it if I have a youthful appearance." His lips quirked. "I suppose, in the interests of full disclosure, I could probably cut a few minutes off of my morning routine. Nevertheless..." He spread his hands.
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:24 pm

"Maybe grow out a beard?" She said with a chuckle. Then bringing her hand up to her jaw she started pantomiming a rubbing motion.

"Or get some dirt and rub it in there to make it look like stubble."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:20 am

"Really?" Niall laughed softy, rubbing at his chin with one hand. "A beard? I think I'd look ridiculous with a beard. Or stubble." He shook his head. "It's not just because of regulations that I shave every day."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:47 pm

"Regulations? My dad sported a beard." She said as she pulled out a locket and opened it up to reveal a pair of holo images on either side of the locket.

The first was of a man in Republic battle armor with a grizzly complexion and donning a full beard.

captain-koor (1).jpg
captain-koor (1).jpg (86.95 KiB) Viewed 8457 times

The second was of a woman with dark black hair in a black shirt smiling softly.

delmi-mom 250.jpg
delmi-mom 250.jpg (53.41 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:47 pm

"Right, but he was in Havoc squad." Niall said. "Different units have different regulations. Confusing sometimes, but when the Republic is as diverse as it is..." He frowned. "Come to think of it, I think my current unit allows for facial hair. Habit, then, I suppose." He shrugged.

Leaning forward, he studied the locket. "Goodness. He certainly looks formidable." He paused a moment. "Is that your mother?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:53 pm

She nodded and closed the locket, quickly putting it back in her bag. "Yup. That'd be her."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:12 pm

"Hmmm." Niall's lips pursed. "If I were a prying sort, I'd ask about what sort of reminder it's supposed to be."

Gently, he shook his head. "But I'm not a prying sort. I respect your privacy."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 pm

She chuckled, "That's like the most passive-aggressive way of asking I could think of."

She just smiled and looked out at the stars, "It's kinda the only lead I have on my mom. What she looked like 20 years ago... but the locket is really just something I carry around because it was on my dad when he died. They brought it to me with his belongings."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Niall smiled. "Yes, well, it's a gift. Nobility and all." His expression grew more serious. "But really, it's also permission not to tell. Everyone has secrets just for them."

But he listened as she spoke. "You told me about your father." He said softly. "But I don't think you told me how he died."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 pm

She nodded, "He was working as a military advisor and bodyguard for a noble on Brentaal IV. Imperials got some intel on a trip the guy was making, so my dad went to make sure he was safe. Bounty hunter took them out."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 pm

"I'm sorry." Niall said softly. "Was the bounty hunter sloppy, or..." He waved one hand vaguely. There were any number of reasons why a bounty hunter might have killed her father. Carelessness. Expediency. Also a target.

Niall grimaced. "Having gone on that mission with me, you probably understand how I feel about that sort of thing."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:52 pm

“Someone hired him to take out the noble. Probably some Imperial... or just made to look that way.” She replied.

“I tracked the bounty hunter down. Asked him... but he wasn’t too forthcoming. Killing him got me a bit of a name on Nar Shaddaa. Which got me my first job after that.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:08 am

"How old were you, then?" Niall asked, his eyes narrowing.
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:49 am

“Hmm... like 13 or 14.” She replied.

“Dude underestimated me no doubt.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:31 am

"No doubt." Niall said dryly. He studied Delmi carefully, his eyes narrowed. Finally, he inclined his head. "A mistake I will never make, I assure you."
Niall Organa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics