Glamour Gal (Day 11 Late Morning)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:33 am

A closed meeting with Eralynn was likely not in the cards, but a few words with the bitch likely were in order. So that meant a visit to medical.

No one seemed to keen to stop him from stopping in. He has been involved in her capture after all. So weaving through the complex of alcoves he found the chained up woman. "Good morning, Eralynn." He greeted her with a smile.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Glamour Gal (Day 11 Late Morning)

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:34 am

"You're the one with the grenade and the fancy suit." The woman looked around and then sighed. "Did you all keep me alive just so you could chat?"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:51 am

"That's the Jedi, I'd have been just as happy to drop a couple grenades on you." Z offered with a easy smile. "But I figured since your still kicking, we might as well exchange a few words."

Pulling a chair up he flipped it around backwards and sat down, arms resting on it's back. "So if I ask real nice, will you tell me what you know about Orar Varad."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 am

"Would make quite the scene in here if you left some grenades," she said. The woman shifted in her bed and tried to lift her arms again out of the shackles. "There is nothing you could give me in exchange for any information on Orar. Your 'politeness' will grant you nothing."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:27 am

"That's what I figured you'd say." Zane said with a soft chuckle. Reaching a hand towards his pocket, he sighed. "They'd get pissed at me if I smoked in here wouldn't they?"

He shook his head, and pulled a coin out of his pocket, starting to play with it instead, dancing to across his knuckles. "Would it change your tune any if I told you I think he killed your husband?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am

Eralynn scoffed. "Oh please. Are you trying to turn me against someone from my clan? I'm stuck here, anyways." She pulled up on her shackles. "There's no reason for me to care if he did or not."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:40 am

"Oh? You've built the last few years of your life on vengeance. It means nothing to you the a man from your clan might have killed him. Sold his armor on the black market then lied to you about his fate?" He glanced up at Eralynn, then back to the coin as it reversed its path.

"I mean your sister is still out there, she might not be able to help you. But, maybe she could put all this to rest. Before Orar manipulates more women." His lips curled into a wry smile. "You're far from the first he'd have played with "

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:53 am

The woman glowered. "What makes you think this is even remotely true? How do I know you aren't simply hunting for other members of Clan Varad?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:07 pm

"Have you ever heard of dominos? Little tiles you stack close together, you knock one down and they all follow. It's kinda like that. Though I've yet to see all the pieces the fallen tiles are starting to make a picture."

"Like how Orar was the only survivor of that mess, and how he showed up on Nar Shaddaa. How your husband's armor hit the black market around the same time." He shook his head. "It could be coincidence of course, but I dont believe in those. Then you add in going out of his way to pick up Melv Tannal. He made some enemies doing so, and really, was the man worth that? Only worth he had was he was the man that killed Captain Oragana's sister. Add in that he picked up Malto Brin too, is was almost like he was forming a little squad to get revenge on the Republic."

Zane smirked. "Which makes sense until you realize he's not here. Not helping you, never really has directly from what I understand, and is that how Mandolorian's get revenge? Send others in to do their dirty work?"

"Makes me wonder if he is even a Mandolorian at all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:27 pm

"They were among the toys I had as a child." She did not mention that she was definitely better than her sister at them. "I understand the reference."

She shook her head. "Orar is busy tackling other Republic targets. Short engagements, not like the one here. I will admit that he should be here, however."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:40 pm

"Yes He should be, but he Isn't, even after he set you on this path. As I imagine he is the one responsible." He shook his head. "I don't imagine he could give you the name of the Jedi though, even being the only survivor. Hell, not even the Republic can produce that."

Letting the coin land onto his knuckle he flipped it into the air. "Even that makes sense though. If you look at it in a certain way. What better weapon then one that will kill indiscriminately trying to find a target that doesn't exist. Just point it in the general direction of your target and let it go."

"Hell, if I am right, and I bet I am... He'll be looking for a chance to kill Aaroth before he gets home. Blame it on the Repunlic, set your sister on some war path along with Jendra, and any of his kids."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Eralynn gripped the bed linens as she thought on the man's words. Her heartbeat started to accelerate and she shook her head. "No, no. I am not some tool being sent out! This was my doing, my purpose, my crusade! You can't take that from me!"

She kicked with her feet, as much as she could, and began to shriek from her confines. Her ravings switched to Mando'a and were barely understandable...
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Well, that was unexpected. Zanebry slowly rose to his feet, his body language changing as he made his way towards the bed. Taking on the pride and discipline he had seen in no many of the Mandolorians.

The slap across her cheek was hard. "So this is all you amount to mando'a, a raving mad lunatic. If you want your vengeance, your purpose, you tell me what I need to know."

Skulduggery for acting: 2eP+2eA 2 successes, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

(Dont know if I can spend a destiny yo end her raving.)
(Using skulduggery yo wct Mandolorian)

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:20 pm

The woman snarled at the slap and lunged as best as she could against the man. Her focus was now on him, and the psychosis gone for now. "What could I possibly tell you that you do not already know?" She bit her lip and fought back tears in her eyes. "If it's all true, then he's won."

---

I can take a point of destiny.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 pm

"Oh, he hasn't won. Not yet, not by a long shot." Zane replied his eyes hard. "You tell me everything you can. How he approached you, the things he said. His plans for the future. Anything you noticed that felt off."

"Then we fix this, as best as we can, we even the scales, and not in the way the Republic would, with fancy trials and all. We rip his fucking spine out and watch as he chokes on his last breath."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 pm

"Is that why you kept me alive, then? So you could find him and give me a fancy trial?" Eralynn turned away and shut her eyes in thought. A tear escaped her before she looked back at the man. "I never met Orar before... It all happened. My husband had mentioned him in passing, said he was an amusing young man. Boisterous.

"He returned to Clan Varad near dead. He claimed that the Republic had seen them all coming and ambushed them as soon as they hit the ground." She took a shallow breath. "His escape was always strange, now that I think about it. The bravado he has would make me think he'd rather charge out and die than live to fight another day.

"I know he's currently gathering up more of the Mando'ade to fight against the Republic. He was never entirely specific and I was more focused on burning this world."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:57 pm

"Fancy trials aren't my thing, as I said before I'd happily kill you, even now. It's not in the cards though, and since our goals might coincide... I thought we might as well talk." He watched her for a moment, if she wasn't a nut job he might even be able to understand her.

"Yeah, I got that from him too. That sort of Bravado doesn't get you saved, it gets you killed. Under it all he is always too cautious, too calculating. There is something off about that." He shook his head. "How did he approach you then? Get you started on all this?"

"So he is off pursuing his own goals then? I suppose it was always like that though, he'd come by and give you a little push, then leave. Can you tell me how he rose to prominence so quickly?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Eralynn looked him over. "Maybe you could kill me if this all works out." She lifted her arms slightly in her bindings. "This is pretty shameful."

The prisoner nodded, though her emotions were still flaring through her facial expressions. "He came to me and said he watched our comrades get slaughtered. He said he wanted revenge, but that it might take awhile. That we'd need to build it up." She sighed. "Calculating. Yeah, he was always calculating.

"I didn't think much on it. I had other things on my mind." She looked to the ceiling as she thought more on the man. "Well, he took risky contracts and always managed to succeed." She took a breath. "Now I imagine they were less risky than he suggested."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:21 pm

"We'll see, might be all I can do is put in a good word. I can understand it though." It was pretty shameful being locked away.

"Right after it all happened too. But he never used many details did he? Always let your imagination fill in the worst of it all. Then fanned the flames, maybe talked about how righteous the vengeance would be." It was all falling together now, he want sure who Orar was, and he didn't have much proof. But then there wouldn't be."

"That would be information another person he manipulated gave him. Lists of all the bounties they had at their disposal." He shook his head. "Probably had them post easy bounties as dangerous ones. So he got a lot of credit with almost no work at all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:27 pm

"If our position is ever switched, I'll give you a quick death," she said with a wry grin, "I won't even take your teeth. You have a good set." She then gave a small sigh. "Well, maybe I'll stop taking them all together if I'm freed."

Eralynn nodded. "The clan saw it as trauma. A weak lapse in willpower, perhaps, but trauma nonetheless." She sighed and looked to the ceiling. "Before you make any assumptions, Clan Varad has always been more brutal in combat than the other clans. Orar may have encouraged it but he did not sway us that much."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Dar'manda."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 pm

"I appreciate that, honestly it's all I could really ask for." He replied with a slight chuckle. "As for the teeth, I'd suggest the latter, at best it's a odd habit, not to mention rotting teeth stink." a frown made it's way onto his features. "I'm not sure how you managed to be around that smell all the time."

"Oh, I know that much... He only nudged you a little in the direction you were already headed. That's how men like him operate, when they can afford to." Z was certain of that, often enough he had moved in just the same way. "I suppose you should understand me too though, I'm not trying to set you free, I'm trying to avoid a repeat of this same scenario. As you said, you may have been manipulated, but you still did it anyways."

"Aye, that's what he is." Zane agreed with a nod. "He has never followed your ways, just used them to his advantage." There was a small pause. "Did you ever catch him in nay odd meetings? Or places he shouldn't be? Talking to strangers?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:21 pm

"There's a trick to preserving them. I'm sure you don't care to know how."

The prisoner shrugged as much as she could while bound. "I would find you incredibly foolish if you set me free. I know what I did." She looked to the side. "Only now I might regret it."

She sighed. "He is a social man. He talked to many different people back on Nar Shaddaa. I figured it was him trying to set up bounties and so on."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:06 pm

"Yeah, I don't think I'll ever find a use for that." He wasn't a Sith Lord or anything like that.

"You aren't the only one with regrets in the Galaxy, Eralynn. But it is a place to start, it can help set you on another path, and if you can't walk any farther, you can use it to change another's." He shook his head. "I plan to talk with your sister, anything you can tell me that would make her think I'm not a kriffing liar, when I tell her we had this chat?"

"Sounds about right." Z murmured thoughtfully. "Anyone you remember seeing more often then the others?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Eralynn closed her eyes and thought for a moment. "Tell my sister about when we first learned to swim together. I was frightened while she was a natural. She had to save me from nearly drowning." She smirked. "I nearly drowned both of us. Aaroth had to rescue us." She then opened her eyes and smirked. "And you can tell her that I admit that her panthers are better than the strills we had trained."

The woman shook her head. "No. Unfortunately, that is where the trail may grow cold."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:41 pm

He nodded. "Thank you, Eralynn." He replied simply, there was nothing more to really be said.

"Cold isn't dead." The man in the hat said with a wry smile. "And strange as it may seem to say, the cold is where I thrive. i'll put it together, and I'llrip this man's spine out... Trust me on that."

He looked down at her, fora moment considering his next offer. "Anything personal you have to say to Aaroth, or Keilynn... I'll pass the message along should I see them."

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics