Re: Everybody Lies (D11 MM)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:29 am

"And so you have pressed on through... with the help of, what was it? 'A course of hydromorphinone?'" she says conversationally. "I was given that once when I had my appendix out. I could not think straight until I came off it, not even with Jedi meditation techniques. Fortunately I only had to take it for a week or so."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:39 am

Cole looked thoughtful, “they must have had you at quite high dosages. I was taking hydromophinone two years ago when my leg was broken, an initial high dose followed by a low management course. I recall being extremely fuzzy after that first shot.” Running a hand through his hair, “but it is effective, I found it to be useful against the ongoing pain associated with my digestive issues.”
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 am

Her brows draw together slightly. "I only had a basic medic-training course at the Temple on Coruscant, but I distinctly recall that entire class of drugs has digestive effects of their own on humans, during both use and withdrawal. And that tolerance and dependency can develop quite quickly."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:42 pm

“I believe I told that I had a section of my bowel removed. If I was experiencing constipation, nausea, or vomiting from the hydromorphinone, I would have immediately discontinued the course.”
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:11 am

"And you're not at all worried about dependency? After six months?"
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 am

"If I'd been taking the course for six months solid, perhaps. I haven't done that any more than I took the course for two straight years after my leg." Even in denial, Cole knew well enough to cover his tracks better than that.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Previous
Forum Statistics