[D12 ME] Once More for Luck

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:47 am

Feeling somewhat better situated in his own mind, Cole had returned to the medbay and helped the ensigns clearing away the debris and scrubbing away the blood and blaster burns that marred the the gleaming white and chrome facility. The Mandalorian's had taken their toll, chipping away at the crew and leaving almost no one untouched in their wake.

Between righting fallen equipment and throwing away broken implements, he tended to the wounded.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Re: [D12 ME] Once More for Luck

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Layne still wasn't feeling too great after yesterday. And oh yes, there were some Mandalorian blaster marks here and there now. Still, there were people with worse injuries who needed help more, so Layne lingered on the sidelines, patiently waiting until triage doctrine deemed it feasible to give her some medical attention.

(11/17 health, plus still 2 criticals)
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:16 am

Cole had been distracted when Layne came in, running his hand through his hair and crossing to her when he spotted the Jedi. He tended to her quietly, concentrating on the work. When he was done, "did you want some kaff?" he produced his hip flask, "something else?"

---
D12 ME: Crit-Layne; Medicine, Easy, Mini-Med, Physician's Kit: 2eP+3eA+2eB+1eD 3 successes, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Success Mini-Med, +1 Advantage Physician's Kit

Lowest Crit removed.

D12 ME: Heal-Layne; Medicine, Average, Master Doctor, Mini-Med, Physician's Kit: 2eP+3eA+2eB+1eD 5 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Success Mini-Med, +1 Advantage Physician's Kit

10 Wounds, 3 Strain healed.
Cole takes 2 Strain.
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 am

"I can use some," she said, taking an offered cup. "But you probably need it more."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 am

Cole pulled a stool over and sat next to the young woman, he tipped a generous tot of whiskey into his kaff and offered the same to her. "Layne, this might seem like an odd question, but, if it's not prying, why did you leave the Empire?"
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm

She looked at him, wondering where that question came from. Then thought about the question itself for a moment.

"The immediate reason? I fought my scumbag of a master, and he thought he killed me in the process. Afterwards, he used me as propaganda, calling me a terrorist and cutting off my options. I had nowhere else to go."

She sighed.

"But I had been wanting to leave for a lot longer than that. The Empire is a seriously messed up place. Slavery is everywhere. Mindless obedience to authority is demanded of everyone who isn't a Sith, and those that don't fall in line or who dare ask questions end up disappearing. There is no place for mercy in the Empire. And the Sith themselves constantly fight among each other, caring only about their own individual power. And there's often a lot of collateral damage."

There was a pause, as she stared at the cup in her hands.

"And I didn't want to have to keep murdering people just to not get murdered myself."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:17 pm

Cole nodded solemnly as Layne spoke, his expression grim. “Do you believe that, in time, the Empire can change? Perhaps not in our lifetimes, but one day?”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:50 pm

"No," she said with rather absolute certainty. "Not so long as the Sith remain."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:40 am

Cole smiled wryly at the definitive answer. “Thank you,” he ran a hand through his hair and took a deep drink from his mug.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:16 am

"There a reason you're only asking this now?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 am

“I suppose it’s been in the back of my mind,” he admitted, “I don’t like to pry where it’s none of my business.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:43 am

"I don't keep many secrets any more. Not since leaving the Sith anyway."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Cole nodded and ran a hand through his hair, “it didn’t seem like a handshake question. Hello, it’s been a while, hope you’re well, and by the way,” he said, half shrugging.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Forum Statistics