For Character Q & A and feedback, totally voluntary.

Midnight Rambler (Jax Q&A)

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Any questions for your friendly neighborhood smuggler ask away.

I likely won't do too many answers until D13 hits.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Re: Midnight Rambler (Jax Q&A)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:39 pm

So what happened to Jax that made him quit the military? I picked up some pieces here and there that most of them died, but not the circumstances.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:53 pm

So I figure its easier to just post the response he gave to Niall as Niall was the only one IC who ever got the full story.

Jax Dolross wrote:As Jax listened his face wavered and as Niall continued to talk his frown deepened. The man's story was so similar to his but Niall had found the strength to continue on. Jax shuddered a moment, his voice was hoarse almost raspy as he spoke again "It seems the empire left their mark on both of us then." he said as he stripped his shirt off. Jax reached up near his shoulder and his fingers ran along his skin probing for something.

Eventually he found the small seam where the synth flesh meshed to his organic skin. Jax dug in and began to peel away the synth skin, at first revealing an astounding amount of scar tissue around his shoulder then as he continued peeling the gleam of metal began to appear mixed into the flesh and soon the flesh gave way to more and more metal until it was just metal, his mid bicep down was entirely cybernetic.

Jax laid the sleeve of synth flesh next to him on the bench and then held the arm out for Niall to see flexing the fingers and causing the servos and motors to activate. Jax sat silent for a few moments eyes transfixed on his arm, when he spoke again his voice was far away "It was a naval battle against the empire they had two cruisers to our one my squad was deployed on defense duty as command had ordered all fighters to stay near their carrier but the battle was shifting and not the way we wanted it to." he pauses and takes a deep breath "As the fighting continued I noted a gap in their defensive formation large enough that at full bore we could punch through and deliver our torpedoes knocking their cruiser out of commission. I reported my findings to my commanding officer who gave me a direct order to ignore the opportunity and resume skirmish with fighters that came too close it was too dangerous they said. Well I was young, cocky, and had the faith of my men behind me and knew we could make it." Jax's voice was shaky now his eyes still far away "Keltosh was the first one down, we lost him breaking through, a stray missile struck true, I still remember his scream right before his console blew. Next Jenz was the victim of a suicide dive, the imperial ship smashing into his, both consumed by fuel based flames. But the three of us made it and unloaded our full compliment of torpedoes at the cruiser and they landed to great effect the cruiser lost engines and drifted defenseless but then they were on us, it had taken longer than I thought it would and they had closed our escape. We tried to fight our way out but there were too many. The last thing I remember seeing was the last of my squad being shot out of space. None of them ejected. Then my vision was filled with fire and a searing pain consumed the right side of my body."

Wet spots appeared on the floor below him "The next thing I remember was flashes in a medical facility, lights, pain, darkness, pain, a blacked hunk of charred flesh dropped into a bin. More pain. Eventually I woke up in the hospital one arm short but rich with scars. I was debriefed, told that because of my squad we were able to hold out long enough for reinforcements to arrive. None of them had survived. Four of the best men and women I had ever met dead because of my arrogance. I was given a medal, tried to go back, didn't trust myself to lead. My confidence was gone, I second guessed myself at every turn. Decided I was done."

There was a pause again, maybe he was done speaking. "We both lost everything, the difference is you have no one to blame and I know exactly whose fault it is."

tl;dr he was squad leader, made a call, whole team died, killed his confidence in leadership.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Stop looking at other women!!! :evil:

Thank you partner for a great game. It's been fun! I hope Azura hasn't made things too difficult for you
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:21 pm

haha no worries! Azura certainly presented a few....issues...during the game but I had an awesome time trying to explore a bit of her softer side.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Forum Statistics