For Character Q & A and feedback, totally voluntary.

Flygirl [Chase Q&A]

Postby Chase » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:40 am

I'm not quiiite done yet, have at least one good bye thread to make to reveal some things, and another thing on the way. All to set up for the next time Chase will take the screen, because if it's in my power Chase will not be disappearing after just this game.

Anywho, questions, comments, concerns. Lay 'em on me and I'll cover everything I can.
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Re: Flygirl [Chase Q&A]

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:09 am

Chase seemed like an very interesting character with a lot. Or perhaps in the background. It also seemed to lead to her clashing with the leadership a lot! Niall included.

Do you think you could tell us a bit more about these things? I want to see how it all fits together!
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Chase » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:00 am

I promise to go into more veeery very soon!
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:26 pm

You and I have already spoken a lot on Chase over the game. I really enjoyed their conversations together. Pilot characters in Star Wars are some of my absolute favorites, and you hit all those buttons for me!
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Chase » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:32 am

I'm gonna post a thing here for those interested, might get posted elsewhere later when it gets verified and all that jazz.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Chase » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:32 am

Scent of a fine Corellian whiskey, the taste of raspberries. Left with the incomparable longing of a kiss so familiar that he could retell every sensation if he was a man of finer words. Instead all he had to say was,
“Good morning to you too, everyone sleep alright?” he said with the cocky grin he wore a thousand times. To the point that sometimes she wondered if he knew any other way to smile.

Evelyn was the picture of warmth, the length of her light brown hair an inviting presence that dangled down past her shoulders and over her chest. Green eyes as soft and striking as emeralds. Mother Nature might have taken a visage not unlike her, with the exception of the entrapments of a life on the run. Rough clothing meant for protection, equipment and a blaster on her hip. Smugglers as they were.

“Another night without you, we need to find some time for us,” Evelyn said, walking to the co-pilots seat of their old freighter. Looking over some dials before turning to face her husband again.
“War’s not slowin’ down much Ev. We can-“

“All the more reason to take some time to ourselves. The war will still be here when we get back, it’ll be good for you, me, us. It’s been so long since I’ve breathed fresh air I think I’m starting to forget what it smells like,” Evelyn turned to her husband. Placing a hand on the console he was splitting his attention for. Gaining the full of it she caught his eyes. “Jace.”

“A-alright, alright, fine. We’ll do it your way, ‘lright? Just after this run…”

Evelyn smiled, shaking her head at the thought and turning from him to the consoles. That’s when she noticed, “Jace there’s a-“

They were sent flying from their chairs in the wake of the blast from the port side. Alarms and warning started sounding. Why weren’t they already sounding? What in the galaxy just hit them?

“Jace!” Evelyn called out but he was already busy away, standing near a console on the wall with a stream of blood carving a path down from his hairline.

“Cargo room!” he called out and Evelyn barely managed to get to her feet before she was already running. “Alright, ya bastards, who’s huntin’ my baby?”

Slamming down in his seat he took the ship for a sharp turn but the controls didn’t respond. Engines were toast, they were floating dead through space. Diverting the power from the engines he fired it up into the auxiliary weapons and flew out of his seat.

Boots clapping against the metal, the sound of alarms, a chorus of emergency filled the ship to the brim. All he had to do was get to the gun before they boarded. If they were pulling them in their shields had to be down. This might be there only shot. Mind racing his plan of action was solid, making it past the entry point, up the ladder with two quick lunges spin and fire. Easy. Except the entry point was already breached.

The entry point was already breach.

That meant-

Everything suddenly went black.

Everything came back blurry at first. Black boots cleaned to perfection. A dirty duster and a low hanging rifle. Quarren. Gand. Human with a black beard that was too crisp, too clean. Damnit.

When he finally came too he was gagged, the sour taste of the fabric bringing him back to his senses. Across the way was Evelyn with a black eye and a trail of blood running down her shirt. She hadn’t gone down without a fight but she’d gone down. Whoever these guys were they were prepared.

Noise filled the air. It took Jace a solid five seconds to realize it was the Quarren trying to speak to him. Only able to give a muffled groan in response. Did they have to hit him on the head?

A brief argument started between the two he could see, a Twi’lek was yelling in what he identified as Huttese but couldn’t care enough to understand what he was saying. Instead he focused on Evelyn. They must have stunned her because she was out of it. Every attempt he made to grab her attention was met with the same drowsy look.

Before Jace could try to come up with a plan another man entered the room. Where even were they now? It was hard to look around but he had to try. What could he see? A crate from Aurea stacked atop a sealed chest from Naboo. They were in the rear cargo compartment in the port side. Meant that they must have dragged him to her after taking him down which also meant that she went down first. He’d have to hope she had enough time.

“Hey Jace,” the man from before leaned down in front of him and pulled the gag from his mouth. “Remember me?”

Well, for starters he was a Zabrak. Mean looking son of a somebody but it was hard focusing on his face with everything so blurry. As far as he could tell he was just one of the multitudes of Zabrak and other species trying to make a quick buck, except for the horn. On his left side his third horn was shattered down the center.

Then it clicked, “Bedu!” he exclaimed before coughing violently, “You bastard I thought I left you for dead back on Tatooine after that whole Garick debacle? Is that what this is about? You know it was only business right? And you also tried to kill my wife but hey, who’s keepin’ track of these things?”

“Always such a smart mouth. It’s a wonder no one else got you before me Jace, but I finally did, like I always said I would. Can’t keep running from the debts of the past like you’ve been. Definitely not when you’re just running into more trouble with all the wrong folk.” Bedu raised himself up and looked at his assembled crew, they were a greater number than he first realized. Quite the operation. Meant that there was good money in this.

“Unfortunately the pockets of some of your new enemies runs deep and they’re willing to afford some extra credits to make sure I take extra special care of you. Lucky for you, you’re not the only one a part of this deal.”

“You know, I still remember that time you and I had those drinks back on Nar Shaddaa, you remember that time?” Jace looked to him with his cocky grin and his blood covered face. “You remember that Bedu?”

“Keep with the program here Jace,” Bedu grabbed Jace by the collar roughly and pulled him closer. “You took something from my employers and they want it back something fierce, where is it?”

“You were really into this one chick at the bar, pretty as can be and with emerald eyes. You were still a bit rough back then. Worried if she would be able to see past the horns like I did, I made you an offer that day. Walk right over to her and chat her up for you.”

“I’m losing my patience, you know what happens when I lose my patience “

“Anyway, way things turned out I ended up takin’ a liking to the girl instead. Sent an Ithorian to the room I told you I’d send her to. Damn, it was funny at the time but, you know how time has this funny trick of making you look back on things? Well, you see, I’m sorry I sent the Ithorian to your room. That wasn’t fair of me Bedu. I can take to understandin’ why you’d grow to hate me after that.”

“This isn’t what this is about Jace. I’m here on business, so let’s see to this business or else things will get ugly.”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry this is all my fault,” Jace’s cool veneer wore off for a moment and underneath the earnest truth was laid bare. Confusion held Xio’s words but Jace wasn’t looking at him, he was looking past him to the eyes beyond that were finally looking back.

“I’ve had enough, take them both with us. We’ll do this the hard way,” Bedu said as he left the lovebirds to looking at one another in meaningful silence. Standing he beckoned over the Twi’lek.

“What should we do with the ship?” the Lethan female asked, shifting her hold on her gun.

“Leave it for our employer, they’ll send a ship through after we’re long gone,” Bedu said. Walking over toward a small box to use as a stool in which to prop himself up just enough to address the room. “Take whatever isn’t nailed down, whatever you can carry, bound to have a small fortune of med supplies somewhere on this boat and I don’t want to have to come back here for it! Let’s get moving!”

While the Gand and the Quarren handled the prisoners the rest of the men scurried about the ship and began ripping apart its many containers and stowaway spots in search of whatever they could find. A veritable tornado of activity that culminated in the void of everything.

Quiet as space.

All around the ship nothing stirred. Chaos seemed to touch every single room and it was the cargo bays that got the worst of it. Slowly though it became apparent that this abandoned craft in the middle of space would not be forgotten.

Long before the craft that was promised to arrive could reach its target the screws of a ventilation shaft undid themselves. Falling to the floor in a quick pattering sound. One, clink clink clink. Two, clink clink clink. Three and four.
A loud crash of the grate hitting the floor sending the space into silence again until the soft sound of two young feet hit the ground.

Cut to Song.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:08 am

I wondered about this after our first IC conversation. Aha! ^_^

Would Chase be up for giving a lift to a peripatetic Jedi with no ship of her own sometime? :lol:

I got the sense there were a lot of things about the whole strategic planning process with which Chase was dissatisfied. (Understatement? :? ) Was there a path the campaign could have taken (in terms of areas chosen or whatever other decisions) that would really have left her satisfied? Or is she a perennially restless soul who'll always be dreaming of a better way?
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 am

Being that the Republic pretty much always went the opposite way than the one she was arguing in favor of each time, she'd have definitely not been so dissatisfied if it seemed like other people were willing to think her way and managed to convince people of the right way, in her mind at least. :D

Chase would definitely give Tethys a ride from time to time, if they found themselves with the chance. As much as she questions and chides people for what she points out as flaws, like she often did with the Jedi in their conversations, she does rather respect the woman and thinks of her as a proper Jedi. One that deserves the respect the Jedi so often have.
Info - Theme
Chase

Forum Statistics