The metropolis of Uthan Mil.

Testing the Pew [D6, LA]

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:30 am

"All readings are nominal Captain." Hacha's voice crackles over the cockpit comm. "Power plant, engine, thrusters, sensors and standard weaponry are all in the green. Ready to proceed on your mark."

It would be the first real stress test the Turtle had experienced since her repairs had been completed, and on top of that...

Well, they would be testing Hacha's new prototype. And he could not have been prouder or more anxious.
--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Languages Spoken: Basic, Duro
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Re: Testing the Pew [D6, LA]

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:36 am

Sitting in the pilot's chair was a warm welcome after having to deal with that corpse incident. Flying around, getting a good feel of the Turtle once more. It was his ship, and even if he enjoyed sneaking around and doing espionage as much as the next Chiss, nothing beat the relief of control that this baby brought him.

"Excellent." Nudimsu give a sigh of relief. "Ready to continue on. Feeling up for this?" He couldn't get Craw to be the one to test the weapon, he was still...being Craw. Hopefully this new guy knew how to use his weapon properly. "Alright, I'm saying this just in case it needs to be said. I'm going to do some standard maneuvers. Nothing crazy, nothing that'll prevent us from reacting properly if the weapon acts up. Your job is going to be hit the targets as best you can. Accuracy isn't as important as the overall endurance of the prototype. I'll keep her steady, you just be ready to take the shot when you're able to. Any questions?"
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack
Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:10 am

Hacha bit back the retort that immediately popped into his mind. Of course he was going to be careful! Of course he knew that the overall survival of the prototype was better than getting a few lucky shots off!

But better sense won out. Nudimsu (Hacha would not use that "Nudi" nickname, the being clearly did not enjoy it) had been rather good to him. Not many beings would have taken a chance on him, even in such a desperate circumstance. More than that, there was delight and joy in what Hacha was doing to his ship. He liked the changes Hacha was making, encouraged him. This was a partnership that could go places.

"Roger that. Trust me, I have fired my share of ship weaponry. I can't say I am the best shot, but I am pretty sure I won't break it."

Hacha cuts the comm and fires up his system. He's rigged it so that the weapon can be fired from the cockpit or his station, depending which console he's slaved it to. Normally, it would be for the cockpit, but today, he's handling it, and monitoring the systems just in case.

"I would prefer to test the planned limits of the effective range. Preparing flow of power...now."

[Prepare maneuver. Holding action for either Mechanics or Gunnery roll]
--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:02 am

Excellent.

He smiled and hit the thrusters, moving the ship faster than normal. "Hold on, then, I'll line you up with your first shot." It was a long shot down a valley, with a old vehicle placed up on for a prime shot. He kept the aim steady, allowing the first shot to be a basic test run, with nothing fancy interrupting it from hitting the target.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:58 am

Hacha checks the range finder, and then double checks his calculations. "Oh, you are defecating on my mother!!!" Hacha fiddles with his calculations.

"Captain, operational range will be shorter than intended. I'll work on it later."

Hacha lines up a shot, firing off the cuff

Testing the Pew Pew: 1eP+2eA+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImage
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:04 am

It is a fantastic shot, the weapon fired successfully without incident.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:12 am

"Ranging is sound. Shot is away...."

Hacha grins.

"We will have to be in closer than I thought. But it works! it works!"
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 am

A large grin appeared on his face as the shot goes off, he smiles widely and looks over back at him. "Never had any doubt it would."

He did, but he was happy to be proven wrong in this instance.

"Alright, let's head over to the next target. I'm going to be moving along a little bit differently, try to simulate the motion of combat. Let me know when you're ready." He moves the ship around the area to the next target, it was a few clicks away, but enough time for the Duros to reload and calibrate as needed.

Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Hacha begins to prep the next shot. "Feel free. Sadly, firing time will stay about the same"

Pew Test 2: 1eP+2eA+1eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

This time, the shot goes wide, but Hacha thinks that he's getting the hang of compensating.
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Forum Statistics