The fertile hills surrounding Uthan Mal.

(D3 MA) Shadow of a Doubt

Postby Lucien Kassel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:47 am

"Here you go," Lucien said to the orphaned boy. In his hand was a bag containing rations. They were not good, but the veteran knew it was better than the alternative. "Remember to keep the lights off in your home until you are given the all clear. The Banshees will look for them."

He rose up and headed to the outskirts of the village. When he was sure none of the children were around, he pulled out a cigarette and lit it in his mouth. War is good at making a man addicted to these things, huh?
Neutral | Veteran Soldier | Reluctant Leader | Proponent of Surrender | Human

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Re: (D3 MA) Shadow of a Doubt

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:23 pm

"You know that shit'll kill you as much as any bomb here, right?" Came the questioning of a teenage girl with blue hair. Azura had decided to go for another wander, checking the area out, and came across the man smoking as she walked the perimeter. Not really looking for anyone or anything.
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:59 pm

"You sound like my wife." He took a short drag from his cigarette. The smoke escaped with his sigh and he looked at the newcomer. "It's the one challenge I've never overcome." He took a moment to look her over. "You don't look like you're from around here nor do you seem enlisted in the Republic military. Most of them go around wearing uniforms."

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 pm

"Well worked out. I'm not military, more...hired help" Azura shrugged "and not being paid enough for the service I give, but that's up to others rather than me. As for your wife, you wish" she smirked, offering a hand "Azura Mora, of the Midnight crew."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:23 pm

"Is a mercenary ever satisfied with her pay? I know soldiers aren't ever. As for my wife, ha! She would not be pleased if I was eyeing any other woman. Lucky for her, it never crossed my mind." Lucien gave a friendly smile and held the cigarette away from her as he took the hand. "I can't say I've heard of the Midnight, but I haven't traveled much lately. I'm Lucien Kassel, by the way."

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 am

"I don't think anyone is ever happy with the pay" Azura nodded, grinning "good to meet you Lucien, and don't worry, I won't tell your wife" she winked.

"What brings you out here? Sounds like by what you've said that you're been here a while, are you a local?"
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:22 am

"Well, every soldier is bartering their life for that money. There's no way that will be satisfying, unless you're insane." He took a drag from his cigarette and puffed the smoke into the sky. "Just like the Mandalorians who have come here. They fight not for credits but for some crazy ideal.

"As for me, I'm not a local, exactly. Some might argue I've been here long enough for that to be the case, though."

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:32 am

"I'm hoping for just enough to pull off my own plans, otherwise I'm pretty happy. Would be happier not being at a war zone, but I guess not everything is rosy" Azura shrugged "so you've been here a while? As in, before this planet became a bloody war? What was it like?"
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:39 am

"Quiet," he stated plainly, "It was quiet." He looked out at the rest of the farmlands and sighed. "Here is not so scarred by war, at least not yet." The veteran smirked and looked at the teenage woman beside him. "Similar to you, in a way."

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am

"I'm very much not quiet" Azura said with a shake of her head "and yeah, not scarred by war yet. Don't intend to be either. So uh, I guess that was a compliment?"
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:58 pm

"It was meant to be one, yes. But it also serve as a warning. Nobody intends to be scarred by war." He took one last drag of his cigarette before stomping it out.

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:15 pm

"Believe it or not, I've seen death and worse already in my young life. War won't scar me as much as some things I've seen already" Azura shrugged "but still, thank you for the warning. Why have you stayed for this war though? Surely you could leave anytime?"
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:25 am

"A shame then for a young woman to see all of that." He bowed his head. "As for my place here, I have an obligation to keep my community safe. Perhaps if the Republic had come sooner, then I could have evacuated everyone. Now I must stay and work towards rescuing those who were captured by the Mandalorians."

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:11 am

"So you're gonna fight?" Azura looked the guy over "think you've seen a lot of fights, we could do worse than have someone with knowledge of the area and experience of wars I guess. Even if you're reluctant to commit."
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:12 pm

"Only if I need to," he admitted, "There are alternatives to fighting. Mandalorians can be arrogant and overlook many a place that can fit a person."

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:31 pm

There was a blink.

"You intend to hide?"
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 pm

"Would you have a child be without her father when he has a choice?" Lucien shook his head. "Someone has to keep watch over the common people, the ones unable to defend themselves. By keeping a low profile, they will not be caught in the crossfire."

He let out a sigh. "But I am sure you're intent on fighting. I just ask you end this quickly."

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:07 pm

"I'm a kid without parents" Azura shrugged "but I get your point. Yeah, if you need to watch people then you really shouldn't die. I don't intend to just fight for no reason though. Not gonna get myself killed by some idiot mando because I was careless."

She smiled at him.

"You make it look like you don't care, but you do care don't ya?"
Azura Mora

Postby Lucien Kassel » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 pm

The man nodded. "An orphan is not doomed to weakness but it is not something I would wish upon any soul." He looked her over and then gave an approving smile. "You seem capable of many things, young lady. I hope my daughters will become as strong as you."

He shook his head. "I do care. My priority is simply keeping the people of Bankor safe instead of fighting the Mandalorians."

Played by Nekoinu
Lucien Kassel

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Yeah, no you don't.

She didn't say what she thought though, just giving him a smirk.

"Hopefully they don't take my attitude, apparently it's terrible" she laughed, before nodding "but also hopefully they don't need my strength. Sucks having to fend for yourself, even if I had to do it by choice. Also means you better not die then saving these people."

A pause, as she turned to look over the village.

"They in the village then? Your family."
Azura Mora

Forum Statistics