A rugged frontier town built around an oasis in the Black Sands Desert.

Re: [Day 5 - Early Afternoon] Wild Thing

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:13 am

The Sand Demon cracked on the pavement as the Jedi tapped into the darkness, that seductive powerful darkness answering her call. It was like a puppet in her hands, she had meant to simply move it, but before she realized it she had smashed it into the ground… the green black blood pooling around it as it twitched and then fell silent.

The savage death felt right.

OOC: Republic Victory. Sand Demon took 21 wounds, soaked 14 and took 7 and died.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 am

Switching off her saber, Tethys puts her hands to her knees and takes a few breaths, half bent over. It's dead. It's dead, it's over. She gulps another breath of air, straightens up, and strides hurriedly over to Azura. Crouching down, she feels for a pulse, and feels lightheaded with relief when she finds one.

((Edited out the stims, since Tethys would know Arali can heal Azura.))
Last edited by Tethys Carrack on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:29 am

Galen watched as the creature was blugeoned against the ground. It was disturbing. Killing it may have been necessary, it had left many casualties in its wake, but Galen pittied it. It had been manipulated, used and broken by forces beyond it.

He was pretty sure that wasn't what the Jedi had itntended, though.

Putting his saber away, the hunter took a moment to collect a sample of the sand demon's blood and analyze it for his chem lure.
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 am

Tinkering done, Arali looked up to see the beast's brutal death.

Wide eyed, she rejoined the group, then looked to Tethys. "Snare's ready," she said glibly, still trying to sort out what just happened.

Then, she looked to what was left of her saber. The primary crystal, she tucked away, but the rest? Terrible. She picked through the charred scraps, to see if any of it was salvageable.

((I can Force Heal people to save the stims.))
Republic ♥ Jedi ♥ Knight ♥ Twi'lek ♥ Superfarmer ♥ Nerd ♥ Pacifist ♥ Vegetarian
Arali Zian

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:38 am

“It’s done,” Tethys says simply. Then, after a beat, “Finishing the device that quickly was...almost unbelievable.” She favors Arali with a barely-there smile. “I intended to drive the beast toward it, but, well. It must have been wounded more badly than I realized. You all fought brilliantly.”

She gently adjusts the unconscious Azura’s head to a more natural position for breathing, since there doesn’t seem to be any injury to her neck or spine. “Can you help her?”

((Sure, we can retcon the stims. Tethys’s player didn’t know Arali can Force Heal, but the character would have.))
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:45 am

Arali nodded, and went to Azura's side. She knelt down, and reached for her, but stopped and looked at her cortosis gloves. "If not for these, I don't suppose I would have hands right now."

She took off the gloves, and laid one hot hand on her forehead, taking the pain into herself to help her relax, as she fostered the body's own natural healing processes.

((Just gonna keep Force healing 'til she's up. It's 4 wounds a hit, each hit counts as a dose of bacta for the day, but it doesn't have diminishing returns like bacta does.))
Last edited by Arali Zian on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arali Zian

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:49 am

Galen retrieved his rifle next, then joined the women.

"I'm going to call back to base. Dr. Ormont will want to come out and help the people who have been hurt."
Galen Sol

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 am

OOC: In general I am not a fan of spamming Force abilities till you get a heal, please roll once for each person and let the chips fall where they may.
Dapper Dog

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:04 am

((Healing. Azura, Tethys, Self: 3#1eF 2 Light Side 2 Light Side 1 Dark Side
Image That's 4 for Azura, 4 for Tethys, and none for me.))
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:09 am

Azuras eyes fluttered open slowly, and she tried to work out what was happening. She felt a hand and...warmth? On her head.

Azura had so much pain. Physically, mentally. Pain and anger.

"Did we all die...or did we win?" She managed to say, her throat sounding croaky. She clearly needed a drink, and was struggling to focus.

Wounds 2/14
Strain 4/12
Crit; disorientated
(Ooc - will stimpack myself once when I get up to bring wounds up to 6)
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 am

"We got it." Tethys does her best to sound cool and reassuring in spite of a throat raw from shouting in the desert air. "You're safe." She unclips the canteen from her utility belt and offers it to Azura.

Still crouched down on her heels near the fallen woman, she looks up at Galen and says, "Good idea. There has been too much damage here already. If we'd been faster..."

((Wounds at full! Thanks, Arali! If you need a stim, Tethys has 'em.))
Last edited by Tethys Carrack on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 am

A crowd of onlookers comes out to see the Jedi and the beast they slew… oh yeah there would be stories.
Dapper Dog

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 am

Azura looked around as the flask was offered, and frowned.

"Shit."

Kind of wish I'd died so I didn't have to deal with this.

She shakily rose to her feet, waving away the water even though she badly needed it and moved to collect her saber. With it in her hands she started twisting and turning a few things, the excess metals on it turning with that and slotting nicely into place over the parts that made a saber stand out, until it really just looked like a long pipe.

She took a moment to stimpack herself and collect her gun after.
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:33 am

((I'll take a stim.))

Arali looked to Azura. Clearly, the woman had secrets. And on behalf of the order, it was technically her duty to pry.

"You did well," she offered. "Perhaps you could join me for tea some time?" The offer was cheerful. Friendly. After the fight, perhaps even a little dissonant, but hopefully she would get the message that they need to talk privately.
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

Piss off.

That's what she would have said to the Twi'lek the moment the question came. The obvious 'I want to drain information from you in private' question that she'd been expecting from the moment she realized she'd used her saber. Thankfully perhaps for Arali, Azuras throat was still hurting from the lack of drinking and the pain of battle, and Azura at least owed her a little for the healing.

So the Twi'lek received a small nod. No words, just a nod.
Azura Mora

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:10 am

Tethys is less circumspect and more in-the-present than her fellow Knight. "If you don't have your own bottle, drink, Ms. Mora. I don't need it all." She stands up when Azura does, still holding out the flask.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:18 am

Now Azura did react, looking directly at Tethys, anger evident on her features.

"Leave. Me. Alone" she managed to croak out.
Azura Mora

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:26 am

"We are in enemy territory. We just fought a creature that would have killed any one of us alone." The corner of Tethys's lips quirks humorlessly. "I do not know what's on your mind that is so much more important than heatstroke, but I don't look forward to carrying you, either."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Azura narrowed her eyes. She wanted to put so many holes through Tethys, and if looks could kill she would have done already. This whole situation made her more uncomfortable and angry by the moment.

"I'll be fine."
Azura Mora

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:57 pm

"Doc's on his way." Galen said. "I'm going to find a place for the wounded."

He looked around at the gathering onlookers. "Somewhere indoors. Should we dismantle that trap?"
Galen Sol

Postby Arali Zian » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:28 am

Arali gave Azura her space without another word.

"I'll stay with it until the engineering corps arrives, and warn anyone away until they get here."
Arali Zian

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 am

Tethys shrugs one shoulder. "It's your decision. Rather a foolish one, but yours all the same." She flips open the top of her bottle and takes a nice, long drink, then snaps it shut and sets it down on the ground next to a wall, where it won't be in the way. She turns her back on it and steps away toward the other two.

To Galen, she says, "I have my kit. I'll stabilize everyone I can who can't wait for the doctors." She swings her small bag off her shoulders and unpacks a small but very serviceable-looking medpack. "You're right, though, we should find somewhere to get them off the streets. Before Yunda Kryze comes looking for his pet."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Galen Sol » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:40 am

"I imagine news of this will travel quickly." Galen said. "We'll need to be mindful that someone may come for us."
Galen Sol

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 am

Azura waited for Tethys to walk away, before she grabbed the bottle and drank from it quickly. Putting it back after. After that she stood up, putting her pipe back on the back of her belt.

"Maybe we should wait for her, and kill her when she arrives" Azura looked pretty worse for wear, but she was still thinking of her next fight.
Azura Mora

Postby Galen Sol » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:53 pm

"From what I've seen, they'd rather strap bombs onto innocent people and force them to blow us up, then face us directly." he sighed. "Or, send droids or sand demons."
Galen Sol

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics