A rugged frontier town built around an oasis in the Black Sands Desert.

[Day 6 - Early Afternoon] A Place in the Shade

Postby Teffa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:00 am

After a night skulking in sewers chat with questionable merchants and customers, Teffa had a late night and it naturally led to a late morning. There was also that rude awakening when she and the Trunk were ousted from the main hangar due to security concerns. It wouldn't be the first time she was regarded with suspicion but either Imperial or Republic types but the first time they did it while she was dreaming of being somewhere swanky and the life of a party with plenty of top-shelf alcohol. Then, she was back here and still in a desert.

The sun had begun its ascent to claim the skies and she followed suit with the locals favouring the cover of shade. She strolled the food stands, looking for something that looked reasonably palatable to be considered lunch. Lizard on a stick looked really appetizing at the moment...
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Re: [Day 6 - Early Afternoon] A Place in the Shade

Postby Arali Zian » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:23 am

The now liberated city of Rygor. It's a good feeling, but there's a lot of damage to be repaired, and a lot more fighting ahead.

And if she's going to participate, she'll need to rebuild her lightsaber. Which meant parts. Which meant money.

Perhaps these scrap vendors had some good deals on the random bits and bobs that made a saber.
Republic ♥ Jedi ♥ Knight ♥ Twi'lek ♥ Superfarmer ♥ Nerd ♥ Pacifist ♥ Vegetarian
Arali Zian

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:19 am

"You're not going to build another lightsaber you hold in your hands, are you?" Z inquired as they walked down the street together.

"The next one might not explode so politely to leave you uninjured."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Arali Zian » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:37 am

"Telekinetic swordsmanship is a very niche and impractical school, almost strictly the purview of Niman, in which I have almost no training," Arali answered, knowing a lot of it would go over Zane's head. "I would have to relearn everything from scratch, and I never really had the knack for such precise or forceful manipulation through the Force."

As she spoke, she pulled a pair of gloves out of her pocket. "But it was not good manners that saved me. These are cortosis-lined gloves. Remember when I grabbed the blade of my saber when facing Master Lorne? These are the reason I could do that. And now, they may be the only reason I still have hands. I have no intention of going into battle without them again. In fact, when I get back to the temple, I may encourage some of the younglings just beginning their saber training to use them, as well. Or at least those more inclined towards tinkering."
Arali Zian

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:57 am

"I remember your gloves Arali, I just don't think I'll ever be sold on you grabbing the blade of a light saber." He replied with a soft sigh. "You have some very lovely hands, and I like them where they are." He added matter of factly.

"But, I suppose I shouldn't bug you too much about it. So, just tell.me what you need me to do."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Arali Zian » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:30 am

"At the time, it was a choice between trusting the gloves and trusting the giant hungry monster," she shrugged, and tucked away the gloves. "Lightsabers don't usually explode."

"But I'm going to need parts, and while I have the funds, my goals for this saber are... significant. Repurposed scrap can save me a lot of credits. The trick is to look for good materials in bad components. I have a bit of a shopping list, but a lot of what I need, I could get from an old, broken rifle, as long as it was quality and high-power about a decade ago. The barrel, pressure housing, and power cell all have materials I could use, and that would be expensive to get new. Though my knowledge of old blaster rifles is fairly limited."

((Translation: Average streetwise check. Imma give you a boost.))
Arali Zian

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:22 am

"I suppose you made the wiser of the two decisions." He mused thoughtfully. "But if you lose your nose in a lightsaber explosion, i'm going to have to find some place else to kiss." Zane added jokingly.

"I'll see what I can find. Though honestly I can't make much of a guarantee." There just might be nothing significant, and that seemed like it just might be the case.

the search for lighsaber parts! EA day 6, boost from Arali: 3eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 1 failure, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Arali Zian » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:43 am

"I'll be sure to go into battle with a fetching cortosis nose guard next time, then," Arali smiled, trying to just roll with Zane's overprotective side. She was used to being underestimated as a combatant.

They may not have managed to find any discounts, but still Arali was able to find the parts she needed, even if it was a bit pricey.

"So, have you been getting in hopelessly over your head this campaign, or have you been playing 'nice?'"
Arali Zian

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:54 am

"I'll look forward to seeing it, I know your good with the thing, I cant help but remember Lorne bouncing you off the wall like a big purple ball though "

"I'm never over my head... Well, mostly never. " He added with a smirk and a suppressed laugh. "But really, I've been nice mostly, Niall likes to do things the boring way."

"I'll likely take off the kids gloves soon enough though. I'm a bit tired of coming up with nothing.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hamelin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:12 am

Hamelin is wandering around the now liberated city when he notices the small gathering. He approaches and offers them a polite bow. <Kcil apsoi epjjvem sadpom asdirm leeroy asdpme jenkins>
"Good afternoon to you Miss Teffa, Berry and.... sorry. I never caught your name."
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Arali Zian » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am

Zanebry Varliss wrote:"I'll look forward to seeing it, I know your good with the thing, I cant help but remember Lorne bouncing you off the wall like a big purple ball though "

"I'm never over my head... Well, mostly never. " He added with a smirk and a suppressed laugh. "But really, I've been nice mostly, Niall likes to do things the boring way."

"I'll likely take off the kids gloves soon enough though. I'm a bit tired of coming up with nothing.

Arali raised a tattooed eyebrow at that, and bonked Zane on the hat. "That's for calling me big."

But she let it go fast enough. "Master Lorne is the strongest warrior we have. The point was the courage to face him, and the strength to hurt him. Believe me, if I hit you like I hit him, you'd be out cold."

Though something about Zane's wording struck Arali as odd. "You sound more like you're conducting an investigation than a war."
Arali Zian

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:02 pm

"I'll make sure to call you a beautiful ball next time then." He replied amusement dancing in his eyes, as he took off his hat to check its status, which was rather obviously undamaged.

"I'll make sure to stay well out of your teach, if you start swinging it at me then. And i do believe you, I just worry from time to time."

"Yeah, and a rather boring one. No femme fatales to interview, or regulations to skirt. Niall even believes practically everything people tell him." There was a small pause. "Of course I shoot people too, when this war thing calls for it. "

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Hamelin wrote:Hamelin is wandering around the now liberated city when he notices the small gathering. He approaches and offers them a polite bow. <Kcil apsoi epjjvem sadpom asdirm leeroy asdpme jenkins>
"Good afternoon to you Miss Teffa, Berry and.... sorry. I never caught your name."

Teffa was actually in the background fiddling with a grilled lizard torso on a skewer. She perked out from her snacking when there was some buzzing at her direction. "Hm?" She said before swallowing her bite, realizing she was being spoken to.

She waved back at the gand. "Oh, good afternoon! Nice...sun? I guess?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:39 pm

The zabrak shook hands with a merchant and then caught a glimpse of Teffa. He meandered over and gave a casual smile. "Hey there, Captain Teffa. I have some a business arrangement that you should know about." He flashed a smile to everyone else. "I'm sorry, but I don't like potential leaks of my practices. Can't continue making money if everyone knows your secrets."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Teffa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 pm

Teffa also waved to the approaching zabrak. "Hey, Ma--You," she quickly amended her greeting, in case she wasn't exactly supposed to be using the name of her employer in public. It was likely he was smarter than that but she wanted to be extra cautious. "Yeah, I'm plenty interested!"

She looked about and gave a quick dip of her head in apology to Hamelin. "Sorry, I have to take this business call for a bit. Good seeing you again! See you around?"

With that, she made her way closer to Marvo and waited for him to lead the way.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:02 am

Marvo gave her a disapproving look at the change to 'you' but otherwise said nothing. He led her off to a more secluded alleyway and turned to look over her shoulder. "Right, Captain Teffa." He smirked at her. "You've done well so far but I have to ask you: did your ship get searched during the lockdown that the commander did?"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Arali Zian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:41 am

Zanebry Varliss wrote:"I'll make sure to call you a beautiful ball next time then." He replied amusement dancing in his eyes, as he took off his hat to check its status, which was rather obviously undamaged.

"I'll make sure to stay well out of your teach, if you start swinging it at me then. And i do believe you, I just worry from time to time."

"Yeah, and a rather boring one. No femme fatales to interview, or regulations to skirt. Niall even believes practically everything people tell him." There was a small pause. "Of course I shoot people too, when this war thing calls for it. "

"Well, that has its uses, too," Arali considered. "Let him do the talking, and you're less likely to tip your hand that you're onto them, so you can look into it later. But I can see how that would get frustrating. Still, better that you're there than letting him go it alone."
Arali Zian

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:17 am

"I suppose." He wasn't actually sure it was working out that way. "All I'm really doing is giving him some advice lately. Trying to make sure he asks the right people the right questions."

"I guess I am there of he needs me though." He handed a scrap dealer a piece of scrap back. "What about you though. How have you been keeping busy?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 am

Teffa gave Marvo two big blinks with her red eyes. "Yeah, if they asked for it. Arbee is pretty much handling the whole process as we speak. I didn't think I have anything of yours to be worrying about it right about now."

She wasn't that silly but the question did make her second guess herself.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 am

"Ah. So you already offloaded the precious cargo?"
Nekoinu

Postby Hamelin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 am

<Sdfume fopsam erom> Hamelin responds. He nods when the Zabrak comes over to talk with Teffa. He waits around while they go off to talk in private.
"Maybe a bit too much of it. I'm glad that I have this cloak."
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Teffa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Teffa gave an inclination of her head after a hesitation of thought. "Yeah, I would think so! I recall my arms being very tired from all of that cargo work, pointing to Arbee where to move things with the loader and such."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 pm

"Once you start raking in more cash, you should get a bigger crew, Captain Teffa." The zabrak smiled. "Say, you've been doing good work so far. What do you say to upping your responsibilities a bit?"
Nekoinu

Postby Teffa » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 am

"A crew? How would I go about even finding one here?" Teffa questioned, clearly that was something that wasn't on top of her mind. Who could she trust and why would they work for her? Getting money and staying alive was certainly the priority, responsibility was another thing. However, responsibility for more money, that was something she was in for?

"Suuure! I think I'm all up for that! What else do you need from me?" She said with raised brows.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 am

"Well, you already have one droid, right?" He smiled. "You could figure it out. I'm sure you can, Captain Teffa."

He shrugged. "It's not much. The cargo you'd be transporting would be more valuable is all. And discretion would be all the more important. Wouldn't want pirates or the like catching on and wanting to loot your ship, now would we?"
Nekoinu

Next
Forum Statistics