A beautiful canyon some 2 km deep that stretches for over 700 kms through the Black Sands Desert.

Re: Let the Force flow through me [D5, MM]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 pm

"I'd considered waiting until we hit the next theatre... but I worry that might be too long. What do you think, doctor?"
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 pm

“I will trust your judgment, master Jedi. I know I am excited to see it, but it has waited this long it can wait a few more weeks if you feel it wise,” she said honestly.
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 pm

"I'll make arrangements, then."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:59 pm

The Doctor nodded and then ended her communication.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Layne sat there for a while, thinking. Then, assuming her communicator had the range to reach her ship and relay out into the galaxy through there, she would try and contact her new master. It had been some time since they'd spoken after all, and maybe he'd have some insight.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Jedi Knight Balos Tyl-small.png
Jedi Knight Balos Tyl-small.png (56.7 KiB) Viewed 8330 times

It looked like she caught her master while he was training. Sweat on his forehead as he answered and said, “Padawan, you are looking well. How goes the humanitarian mission on Bankor?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 pm

"Humanitarian mission implies we're just here to drop off water bottles and medicine, master."

Since Nar Shaddaa, she had slowly and reluctantly gotten around to referring to him as master without that feeling weird, icky, or anger inducing.

"This is a war, and I think that in many ways the Mandalorians are more vicious than the Sith would've been in their situation. But we appear to be pushing them back."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:25 pm

“War or not, the primary mission for the Jedi should be in helping the people and setting the example of compassion. I expect you to do your part in helping the people, fight the battles that need fighting, but don’t neglect the people. We are not strong because we can fight but because we fight for the benefit of others. You will do more good handing out a bowl of soup than simply cutting down a Mandalorian,” he responded.

“Still be safe all the same.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 pm

"I can never quite tell when you're joking," she said, resisting the urge to facepalm. "But about fighting for others... I've got something lined up in that regard."

She had never openly told him about what she was chasing... but she'd always assumed he'd figured out the general gist of things. You can't tutor an apprentice and not pick up clues after all, can you?

"But I'm not sure how to proceed. My instincts are telling me someone is setting a trap for me."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 pm

“Trust your instincts then. Spring the trap, and be prepared, set your own trap… or take the unknown third choice,” he responded thoughtfully.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 pm

"I don't know what the third choice would be."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 pm

“That is why it is unknown, trust the Force, and more importantly trust your instincts to find it, if you need it,” he responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 pm

"I tried just moments ago," she said, "I meditated and touched the Force. Asking for answers. And I felt my old master, heard him call out to me. But before I could answer, I got a call from the person I suspect, saying that we could move forward. What do you think that means? Was that really Baras? Is this person connected to him? Or am I just being paranoid and it was coincidence? Was it the Force telling me to trust her? The more I try to listen, the more confused I become."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:56 pm

“I would be wary of your connection to the Sith, Baras will use it to twist you up. Be mindful of that connection. As for the vision… the Force is fluid, it isn’t intelligent in the way we are, things that seem random to us are just as the Force needs them to be, that does not always mean what they seem,” he said honestly.

“As a Jedi Knight I have learned things may happen for a reason but that reason can still be a mystery to me. Destiny… Fate, those are sentient constructs. The galaxy is larger than any one of us. The Force is larger than any of us, the best we can hope for is to do what we can with the information and training we have in the moment.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 pm

"So I should just roll the dice and go with it. That's what I used to do when I was a Sith, but I guess it wasn't wrong."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:04 am

"That is one way to put it," he responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:13 am

"Well, if you don't hear from me in a couple of weeks, tell the council the Emperor is going to snuff out all life in the galaxy with some dark ritual that can devour entire planets. I should've left a copy of my research in my room in case there's any questions."

It was so like Layne to drop a bombshell like that as if it were nothing...

...and when nobody could stop her from going to Bankor anymore.

"And maybe send the entire republic navy to come rescue me too. Just in case I got stuck under a rock somewhere."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 am

“Doubt I can get a Navy, but if I don’t hear from you I will come drag you back here myself,” he replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:26 am

"Uhuh. Just please, don't make me serve more soup when you do."

She stood up, shaking the sand from her robes.

"I should get back to base."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 am

“May the Force be with, Layne,” he said and end the call.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:32 am

With that, Layne began the long trek back.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Previous
Forum Statistics