A beautiful canyon some 2 km deep that stretches for over 700 kms through the Black Sands Desert.

Let the Force flow through me [D5, MM]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Layne had a lot to think about. A few pangs of internal conflict, light compared to what she'd experienced in the past but still noteworthy; a future left undecided. Perhaps the Force would help give her clarity; answer questions, show her a path forward, or direct her to new and unexpected things. It had done so before. But the base was humming with too much life, too many people and distractions. She needed to find a place where she could be truly alone. So she'd set out, carrying what supplies she could just in case things went poorly, and ventured into the desert, toward the area known as the Wound.

She did not expect that name to bear any relation to her past endeavours in finding wounds in the force, but it was still an appealing name for that reason. A Wound was where she'd first touched the Light, after all. Even if such places tended to be more aligned to the Dark. The fact that this place provided such stunning vistas was a nice bonus.

Temperatures were already scorching, but Layne was no stranger to such hardships, and the thermal cloak she'd acquired helped. Nothing seemed capable of helping against the sand, however, sticking to every surface it could find. It reminded her of Korriban. And of the dust in the mines of Kessel. It was almost nostalgic, in a way. Pushing through, she found herself nearing the canyon system, at which point Layne would spend some time trying to find a promising location to set herself down...

...a place where she might meditate and touch the Force.

Contested Area (resilience: enhance): 1eP+2eA+2eF+3eD 3 successes, 2 threat, 4 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(2 pips to sux, 2 pips to advantage to cancel out the threat)
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Re: Let the Force flow through me [D5, MM]

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:25 pm

OOC: Easy Discipline check, please Roll Force die as well.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:41 pm

The Force was with Layne, and she was one with the Force.

Discipline and Force: 3eA+2eF+1eD 2 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 pm

She can feel a connection… something dark and familiar and even stronger than before and then that voice, that smooth confident if not arrogant voice in her ears, “Apprentice…”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Then her communication unit started beeping at her with a message from Doctor Rexa.
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 pm

It couldn't possibly be the case that she'd somehow linked to Baras, could it? Across such a distance? For a moment, she thought to reach out further, to respond even...

...and then she was interrupted. Layne opened her eyes, and saw who it was from. That too, could hardly be a coincidence, could it? Had her instincts been right after all?

She opened the channel, some small measure of uncertainty as to how this would play out.

"...yes?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 pm

“Good news, padawan! I have the location narrowed down! Still going to take some searching but using ladar pings I was able to establish the location with 100% accuracy! Pretty large structure under the trees,” the woman responded forming a holo-image of herself.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Layne closed her eyes again, maintaining her meditative position. Was the Force guiding her, or trying to warn her?

"Send me the location," she said, mulling it over. If she was going to cast suspicion on the doctor again she wanted to at least get things sorted first. "What can you tell me about the structure and surroundings?"

Is she working for Baras? Is that what it meant? Or is that just... paranoia...

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 pm

“From the looks of it a step pyramid, the site covers several kilometers but the pyramid is the primary structure. The region is far from any settlements and even by ship will be… challenging. This is an exciting find,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Layne checked to make sure the location had actually been transmitted to her. "Challenging? Are there no nearby landing sites?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:40 pm

“It is in the middle of the jungle, unless you like navigating between the thick canopy and kilometer tall trees. Probably little sunlight as well. Going to be a dangerous approach most likely on foot, unless you bring a speeder with you,” she said to the Jedi.

The data is transmitted.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 pm

"I don't exactly have the creds to outfit an expedition with speeders. All I have is a ship and a shit pilot."

Layne wondered if maybe Leila could swing something.

"Is there any indication the place has seen recent activity? Visitors?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:03 pm

“I can’t see that with an orbital ladar scan, I have equipment we can use. So when we decide to go, I can at least provide ground transport assuming your ship has cargo space,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:05 pm

"It's a small standard freighter, would that be enough to carry your ground transport? I'm assuming you can accomodate a few people?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 pm

“It’s compact but sturdy, should seat five… tight fit. So four is preferred,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 pm

"Is that in passenger count or total?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 pm

“Total?” she responded with a confused look.

“Unless you like walking through a jungle.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 pm

"So two people beside me. Just three with combat potential. That seems risky."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 pm

“Were you planning on bringing the whole bloody camp to your top secret mission, master Jedi. Does not seem you are even involving your Order in the matter, besides Padawan Baesal,” she countered.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Her instincts flared up again.

"Is there some reason you want us to go in light, doctor?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 pm

“Not particularly, but you were the ones badgering me about this dark site,” she said with air quote hand motions.

“Seems like bringing too many could be dangerous. Your expedition, master Jedi, I am just reminding you of the dangers. Same as you did to me.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 pm

"Why would it be dangerous to bring more, provided they can be trusted?"

Layne didn't like it. Her instinct was telling her that she was being led into a trap. If only the Force was less ambiguous.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:28 pm

The Doctor was confused and responded sharply, “We can bring more than the speeder can carry, that is your call. But I recall both you and padawan Baesal badgering me about the dangers of the Dark Side, even people you trust could be led astray. I just want to survey the site, you bring who you need.”

“I sent word to Lunda, if anything, more Jedi is better in my mind.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Oh great... miss sunshine.

"So, Lunda, You, me, Baesal, and one other. Tight fit, but it gives us some versatility should there be any... unexpected surprises."

She considered the possibilities.

"Only question then becomes, when to do this."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 pm

"That would be your call, though give me time to get my gear together and ready for transport," she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Next
Forum Statistics