A beautiful canyon some 2 km deep that stretches for over 700 kms through the Black Sands Desert.

[D5 EA] Born Again

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:15 am

Sabine stood nervously near the river, with her new clan. There was some shooting, but they managed to avoid the worst of it.

"So... what now?" She asked, her anxiety clear in her voice.

OOC:
D5 EA Resilience (Brawn), Contested Area, Hard: 2eA+1eP+3eD 2 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D5 EA] Born Again

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:44 am

"Hold on." Deriss held up a hand and then directed it towards a group of criminals roaming about. "Let's give them a bit of a welcome gift before they get too close." The largest man in the group nodded and walked over to a speeder. He then retrieved a missile launcher. She herself leveled her rifle and waited for the rocket to send most of them scrambling. A few shots and she then nodded. "That should keep them away."

One man, barely a teen, took her rifle and she turned to fully address Sabine. "So," she started, "You're the Republic soldier my father had spoken so fondly of. I'm sure you'll tell me all about how you're worthy of his praise." And his sacrifice.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 am

Sabine eyed the drastic resolution. "I don't feel as I am worthy. I was raised by a bitter, exiled Kryze, with little to no contact with your... our culture, up until now. I met your father as a liasion between the Crusaders and the Republic." She eyed the gathering of clan Kelborn around them. "Yesterday evening, I met my uncle the first time. He and my cousins are as big assholes as I thought of them." She steeled herself, willed her body to not look away in shame. "Our verbal sparring with my uncle descended, and your father accepted me as a member of your clan. He dueled over me. And lost." She gripped her hand. "I am not sure what he saw in me. I believe in honor. In fighting for what is right. For being better than just being bullies." She held her tears back. "Your father was a better man then me." She took a deep breath. "I will honor his memory."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 am

Deriss crossed her arms and listened to Sabine's entire speech. She then let out a sigh and shook her head. "That is rather pathetic, Sabine. If you want to honor my father's memory, then you should have a backbone. I would draw your blood over this but you will need your strength."

She walked over towards the river. "Besides, I already heard what had happened. It is probably better that I didn't see him slain by his own blade. Damn old man." The woman then began to unbuckle her pieces of armor and eyed Sabine. "You better not be shy too."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 am

Sabine followed and started undressing. "Don't worry about that one." She sighed. "Yeah..." She seemed to fall back into a familiar place in her memories. "Never had family, really. Don't know the rules." She gripped her blade. "But I know I'll keep my promise. I told Varo I'll make sure his men will see him kicked off Bankor, in one or multiple pieces. I'l keep that promise. And every damn, sadistic, lunatic cousin too. Well, not cousins anymore, I guess."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:26 am

"Undress a lot then? I'm sure men love that," she said and glanced away. She kept her tank top on and briefs and did not look back to see if Sabine had stripped completely bare unnecessarily. "This is actually a Clan Kelborn tradition. We delve into the water and come out reborn. I already went through this but as leader I have the privilege of doing so again." She let out a small laugh. "It's not particularly pleasant."

She stretched out her arms. "Soon to be. As soon as we get you through, they'll just be another asshole clan to fight."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:29 am

"No, but getting dressed in a locker room full of everything in the galaxy quickly strips any shame you might feel. Besides, good old dad was never big on formalities. 'What would you rather be, naked or dead? Get that kriff off, you mutt.' As he liked to say." Sabine felt that she was slowly slipping into babbling.

"Water, huh. Guess I don't know much about our planet anymore. Good thing we have a river in the desert, I guess?" Yes, definitely blabbing.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 am

"Guess Republic soldiers and Mandalorians have something in common." A pair of Mandalorians, the ones that had stood beside Kyr'ad the night before, went up to Deriss. "You do realize you talk a lot, right?"

"Enough. You speak too much," one of the retainers said, though obviously in jest. He turned back to Clan Kelborn and announced, "Today Deriss Kelborn, daughter of Kyr'ad Kelborn, chosen heiress, seeks to assume the mantle of chief for our clan. Are there any that object?!" He was met with silence and he nodded. "Then we will begin the rite!"

Deriss was then submerged into the water. Afterwards, she was laid down next to the river bank and left to her own devices...
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:40 am

"Yah, I do that sometimes." Otherwise she just observed. The drowning of the heiress seemed weird, but well, it was their culture. She whispered to one of the guys from the other day. "Should we check for breathing?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:50 am

The Mandalorian next to her was not able to contain his confusion. It was if the question marks were popping up next to his face. "Be quiet," was all he told Sabine.

Shortly after, Deriss coughed out the river water and heaved for air. She eventually crawled onto her knees and then to her feet. "Give me a moment," she murmured before walking back into the river. The rest of the clan looked at each other as she washed away the sand from her body. She then came back and dipped her head.

"By our traditions, you are now chieftain of Clan Kelborn. May you lead us to a brighter future." Her followers crossed their right arms over their chests, fist just above the heart, as a salute.

Afterwards, Deriss walked up to Sabine and smiled. "It is now my duty to initiate you into the clan."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 am

Sabine followed suit, and belatedly raised her fist above her heart, unsure if that was the right or wrong thing to do. Not that it mattered, she didn't start with a sparkling record. She had to do better. Much better. It was still weird, having a family... sort of. A clan, at least.

"As you say, chieftain."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:59 am

Deriss put a hand on the small of Sabine's back, pulled back, and then pushed her forward closer to the top of her back. She then pushed down for Sabine to kneel in the river. "Anything to be said before your new life begins?"

---

Make a Resilience (Brawn) Check at Hard Difficulty
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:06 am

"Kriff Kryze." She said before being dunked.

OOC:
D5 EA - Resilience (Brawn), Hard: 1eP+2eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 am

The chieftain dunked Sabine into the water and held her there for a few moments. Perhaps it felt awhile to Sabine but it was not long enough to make her struggle much for breath. Deriss pulled her out and presented the new member to the clan. "Today we witness the anointing of Sabine Kelborn! And I must say, she did not squirm as I thought she would." The zabrak let out a laugh and headed to the edge.

---

I would say take a Strain but, eh, you'd probably recover it. It's fine.
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:14 am

Sabine smiled. Kelborn. That was weird. Really weird. Mightily weird.

"Well, it was better than the smell you guys have up here." She shot back, and slowly stood up, turning towards her new chieftain. "Thank you for your trust." She said in a heartfelt manner.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 am

"Do I really smell?" Deriss sniffed herself and then stared at the Sabine. "I wish throwing you back into the water would take it all back then," she retorted with a smile.
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:30 am

"Well, not you specifically. Leaders don't smell. They exhude the sweat of sweet victory, one of my sergeants told me." She smiled, and then she spoke once again. "Thank you, Chieftain, and thank you clan Kelborn. You've given me something I never had. A family. People who accept me, and stand up for me. I am sorry for your loss... our loss, but we will grow stronger.

Her speech seemed right in her mind, but it seemed it fell flat... perhaps she was too young.

OOC:
D5 EA - Speechifying new clan Leadership (Presence) Boost from Command, Average: 1eA+2eP+1eB+2eD 1 failure, 2 advantage

Erm... advantages used so Sabine is not totally ostracized from her new clan perhaps? :P
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 am

Deriss stood by and managed to stifle a yawn during Sabine's speech. Her sentiment seemed to match the rest of Clan Kelborn. "Yes, well, welcome again, Sabine." There was an awkward cough in the background. "Say, you're not one of those boring sorts who never drink during the day, right?"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am

"I usually avoid drinking onduty, but otherwise." She shrugged. "I don't shoot well drunk, but I can pace myself." She tried not to take the yawning the wrong way.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:46 pm

"You aren't on duty for the Republic right now, are you? We don't tend to like Republic personnel watching our ceremonies." She then shot Sabine a smile and waded to her armor. "Alright, get this woman a drink. And me, of course! I'm the chieftain!"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 am

"Of course not. Can't properly do the whole submerge into water thing on duty." She smiled. She was starting to like this new chieftain. "Feel I should get a new coat of paint for my armor." She said as she waited for her drink.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:06 am

"Understandable. It is a new beginning for you, Sabine." Deriss took the drink and downed it in and instant. "Oh, that burns." She looked over their new member and then perked a brow. "Hold on, my father had said you were, how to put it... new to many parts of our culture. You do know that the color of our armor signifies something, right?"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:09 am

"Well, I figured as much. There is a reason I painted it blue and white." She smiled. "As for new... I was raised by an asshole who forgot more about culture than he did about how to kill. Dueling's and maintenance of the armor are the few things he taught me right. No need to sugarcoat it, though. Doesn't suit you too well. I'm ignorant." She shrugged, taking the truth head on, drinking the....whatever it was. It did burn. Her mood improved though. "Wow, this stuff is nasty. Can I have more?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:18 am

"Reliability as a soldier. Sensible." Deriss gave a soft shrug. "Father wore red armor as another one of his 'ironic' games. He was continuing his father's legacy, despite grandfather being an asshole. Eralynn Varad turned her armor gray in respect to her deceased husband." She then smirked. "And sometimes the color is chosen simply because it is aesthetically pleasing."

The chieftain held up two fingers. "You're fitting in already!"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:21 am

"Ironic how? Do you guys have like... clan colors or something? Like those houses and clans in a... what's it called? Saga of Frost and Flame and Funder and Fear?" Another recent book series detailing the trials and tribulations of a civil war on a low tech planet of sentients. She accepted the drink gladly, and gulped it down. She was in a great mood! "Why's your armor that color? Eralynn's another asshole."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Next
Forum Statistics