A beautiful canyon some 2 km deep that stretches for over 700 kms through the Black Sands Desert.

Re: [D5 EA] Born Again

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 am

"Ironic because father never did anything for grandfather. It was all to prove him wrong." The chieftain perked a brow. "I heard of that. It never ended, apparently. But no, clans do not have a uniform color. The symbols show affiliation." She watched Sabine gulp it down again and smirked. "My armor was painted black in pursuit of justice. It was a recent one." She downed her drink. "Justice for Bankor."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:29 am

Sabine listened and nodded. "Well, there are rumors the author faked his death, and is now writing on a remote planet, where no fans can reach him. Or he may have just overindulged on spice. Dunno. Just rumors I hear in the barracks." She nodded and held her bottle in her hand. "That's... noble. And dark. I mean, the armor." She glanced a her armor. "I'm not going to quit the military until we finish the campaign. Bureaucracy and... it would like abandoning what I vowed to them. After than... not sure. Might go some horrible neon yellow so the enemies will go blind before they can shoot me." She let out a small chuckle. "What's the symbol of Kelborn?" She asked, as she was already full in on the ignorance tram.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 am

"I see." The zabrak looked down at the sand and then back up at Sabine. "You really are babbling again."

She tapped an armor piece. "I suppose it is dark, yes. Absorbing all this heat, but I suppose armor is sophisticated for a reason." The woman perked a brow. "I never said you had to quit the military. It's unorthodox, sure, but I figured it was important to you. As for the symbol, well, can't you see it?" She grabbed one of her retainers and turned him to show their insignia.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:45 am

"You seem to think I am an observant person. If I were, I'd have shut up yesterday." She stated simply. "No, you didn't, but if I won't commit my full time to the Crusade, then what am I even doing?" She shrugged. "What's that? A... bird? A plane? A... man perhaps?" She narrowed her eyes and looked at the animal. "That... looks mighty ugly. I guess it gets the job done?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:27 am

"Right. I will never be putting you on guard duty then," she remarked with a playful wink afterwards.

Deriss blinked. "A strill, native to Mandalore. They are hunting creatures, perhaps similar enough to the common hound throughout the galaxy."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:50 pm

"Noted." She smiled then nodded. "So the Kelborn are hunters. Of injustice, or something, I assume."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:51 pm

"If that's what you want to believe, then sure." She gave a soft smile. "It's kind of cute," she added, but then took a breath. "If there was such a thing as a food chain for sentient beings, the Mando'ade would be at the top!"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 pm

"I am cute, huh? Been a while since someone said that." She replied with a smile. "Heh... well, I'm still glad I don't have to eat wookiee. They seem chewy."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:00 pm

The woman's eyes went down to her left. "I did not say you were cute. I said what you said was cute," she replied with a curt retort. "The ones among us that cannot eat meat would also not appreciate such customs!"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:03 pm

"Well, so much for fishing for compliments." She said, trying to salvage it. "Well, good news then. We just get to kill people then." She let out a sigh. "Do you guys have any specific plans or ideas on how to proceed on getting the Kryze kicked off?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:07 pm

"Fishing for compliments rarely goes well with the Mando'ade," she advised. It was true for herself, at least.

The newly anointed chieftain looked onward, past the river. "The campaign has been a success so far, Sabine. The second sector will be taken from them shortly. Our time span is well underway; it has been less than a month." She smirked. "Were you expecting me to have a grand plan to assemble all of Clan Kryze and then slaughter them?"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:38 pm

"Noted." Sabine replied with a serious tone. "Well, as fun as that sounds, I was thinking of some more concrete plans for raids or assaults. The gunships of the Kryze are annoying, and it would be good to have a better way of dealing with them, for example."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 am

"But they will come, don't you worry," she added.

"We don't have the ordinance to deal with gunships, I'm afraid. We only have heave heavy infantry for this conflict."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:06 am

Sabine pondered. "Maybe we can rectify that? I wonder if there are some old armories lying around the Kryze haven't got to, something with a bit more oompf we could use."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 am

"Do you have any intel on that or is this just posturing?"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:46 am

"Thinking aloud mostly." She shrugged. "Just think we could be more proactive perhaps. And I mean the whole strike force." She seemed a bit hesitant. "Guess I just want to do more, if that makes sense."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:11 am

"There is always the drive to do more. It's a hard thing to navigate."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am

"That it certainly is." She sighed, then glanced around her new clan, assessing them. "Speaking of which, I guess I'll need to learn a whole lot more."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:56 am

The woman smiled and took another shot of liquor. "I can certainly help you anytime. Once you get to know me, I think I'm a lot less..." she peered out in the distance. "Ah, no, they're fleeing again."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Sabine eyed them. "Mind if I take a shot?" The criminals were apparently running again.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:21 pm

"Sure! Let's see how you do." She then crossed her arms and smiled. "Or do I need to teach you how to shoot too?"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Sabine reached for her Paladin, a small bout of sadness overcoming her... she will probably have to give the gun back to the military when she finishes, but that one is for the future for now.

She aimed, the laser pointer settling on one of the criminals, and her bolt flew, striking true. "Well... if you can do better than that, I would like some pointers, yes."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm

The chieftain watched the new inductee with great intent. She then glanced over to watch the shot impact one of the criminals. "Oh come now, you saw me make the same shot right before we took you in! You can't go playing braggart now!"
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:29 pm

"What, you want me shooting with my eye closed or what?" She let out a huff, lowered the gun... only to raise it suddenly and shoot from the hip. The shot impacted into the other sentient, but it wasn't a fatal shot.. he was still limping away.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:42 pm

"Alright, alright, we are all very impressed," she said with her hands raised. The woman then looked around with her brow perked. "Did they teach you to enjoy shooting people so much in the Republic military? I had been told that their training was soft."
Nekoinu

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics