A beautiful canyon some 2 km deep that stretches for over 700 kms through the Black Sands Desert.

Paradise (Day 6 Mid Afternoon)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:46 am

Zane took a drag from his cigarette, he'd heard the wound was quite a sight, and they hadn't been wrong, though as big as it is, it had likely been a smugglers paradise for years. Waling along he tried to enjoy the feeling of the wide open space. The would be stuck in some giant forest soon enough, and the sky would likely be a seldom seen joy.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Paradise (Day 6 Mid Afternoon)

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:05 am

"You shouldn't smoke." Came a voice from behind the man as Rekara closed in to the view of the Wound. "It might help with stress, but there are many diseases that are caused by inhalation of smoke and the compounds in your cigarette." She sighed, knowing that despite her warning, the man would do his own bidding. She reached up to him, a harder climb for her because of her weaker and smaller body. "This sight is impressive. I have not seen anything like this since my own homeplanet."
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 am

"Have you ever considered that those diseases might be the very reason I'm smoking?" He asked amused smile on his lips as he stepped over to offer a hand to the young woman as she climbed up to where he was.

"It is quite lovely." He replied as she finished the climb. "Not many planets have a vista like this."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:56 am

She evaluated the man, it was only by plain sight, but he didn't seem to have anything, any apparent disease. Up and down she gazed. "You jest, yet you already knew of the dangers, of course, you do it because you like to live on the edge. This is probably why you are also great at what you do, whatever it may be, cause you give it your all."

"Yes, most planets thrive for megacivilizations and forget to protect places like this, these unique wonders of nature."

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:06 am

"Look at me like that, and I might just blush." Zane said with a soft laugh as she looked him over. Taking a long drag from his cigarette he slowly let out the smoke. "I met a man on Nar Shaddaa, he didn't smoke for any other reason then it might kill him. Said if it got him in the end, it was a nice was to go. Because it was his choice."

Maybe I'm like that to." He let his eyes drift from the view. "Still, I'm curious about what exactly you think I do."

"Most that survive end up tourist traps, but I suppose that's not completely a bad thing. People need to make credits some how."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 am

"It was mostly because of your answer, your strong smell of whiskey, and you being here, that I knew you were a man of action. A man that has it as a vice, as a stress reliever, would have a different answer than yours. Would had taken my doctor words as an insult, as an attack." Her eyes slightly closed as she smiled with a strange gurgle which was her strange laugh. "And you wouldn't want to die from any disease made from smoking, they are painful and exhausting. Fighting for what you believe in, now that is a nice way to go that you can also chose."

Rekara

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:29 am

"Maybe I'm just used to others trying to give me advice." Reaching into his jacket, he pulled out a flask and offered it towards the doctor. "Drink?" He asked leisurely.

"Fighting for what you believe in is nice and all, the dying for it is something to be avoided." His lips curled into a wry smile. "As for pain and exhaustion, you do this work for long enough. They are so close to you, they may as well be your siblings."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Rekara » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm

"I'm good." She replied to his offer. She didn't want to seem too harsh or judgmental, but she was not a drinker and also didn't want to make a fool of herself trying.

"Well you know what I mean. If you are to die for something, at least let it be something you are fighting for. And I would believe the excitement of avoiding death would be more exhilarating."

Rekara

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:15 pm

His lips curled into a slight smile at her removal, as he slipped the flask into his pocket. "Yeah, I understand what you're saying."

"There is a lot of exhilaration in avoiding death after all. I've had enough experience doing so to understand that much." Zane shook his head. "Maybe in ways it makes you feel even more alive."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Rekara » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:35 pm

"I'm not one to be risking my life in many missions, my duty is behind the scenes, I'm a Doctor. I don't shy away from risking my life when it's needed, but I can do much better in the medical tent, with stimpacks, auscultators, laser scissors..." The Mon Cal looked into the depths of the desert, it was as if she could see her own planet there, the bottom of the ocean could be so empty and quiet. "I see that life is so much more than just the clinic work, many things that are out of my grasp."

Rekara

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 pm

"That's the truth for most of us I think. There are portions of life in general that just aren't meant to be part of ours." He brought his cigarette to his lips to take a long drag.

"For you it might be the battlefield." Zane, said as he let the smoke drift out of his lungs. "For me I think its family. As much as I try, I cant see myself as anything but a horrible husband and father."

"Of course that doesn't mean we almighty not want those things."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:21 pm

"And yet, if I see that the battlefield is in need, I shall find myself there. Our minds cannot grasp the level of sacrifice that our spirit pushes us to in times of need, or when we find the perfect person to give it all for." Rekara moved her fingers gently, very much like her cephalopod ancestors do with their arms. Her mind in calm with the view, the smoke swirling above her head. "Maybe you haven't found the one who would inspire you to settle and make a family, or at least to have a family yet."

Rekara

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:54 am

"You likely know a bit more about that then me. I've never really had much use for philosophy." It at least sounded philosophical the conversations they were having. "I just do what I think needs to be done."

"Maybe, but I've spent time with a lot of women over the years, and I really haven't found one that tugged on me that way." At least not one it would ever work out with. "But who knows, maybe you're right."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Rekara » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:50 pm

"Even if you only do what you think needs to be done, as long as your heart and intentions are in the right place, then it is the right thing to do. The problem arises when intentions are selfish, that what one does is not right but dangerous to those around you, and to yourself."

At the mention of being with several women, Rekara blushed. In her species it was different to those of human and human-related species, her own skin was already red by nature, so when she blushed it could only be told because she looked away.

Rekara

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:12 pm

"I suppose the problem is that it's often enough hard to tell the difference." What one did for themselves, what one did for others. "Most beings I know are rather skillful liars, at least when it comes to themselves." He at least had convinced himself of more then one lie.

The blush wasn't really seen, but he could understand the young woman's embarrassment by the way she looked away, and he let his eyes leave her to look over the sights. "It would be nice if we could spend more time here."

Zanebry Varliss

Forum Statistics