The region called the Veras Industrial Region is the oldest settled region on the planet.

Re: Goodbye and Hello, As Always [D13 EN]

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 pm

"Oh." Niall opened his mouth to speak, but the booping interrupted him; he blinked, laughing softly. "Lyseil... you say you're not a leader." He pursed his lips for a moment, considering his words. "I am uncertain of the future. And I worry that Aly and I might not have one together." He squeezed Lyseil a little tighter. "But it's very hard to maintain that worry in the face of your optimism. Thank you." Briefly, he kissed the top of her head, careful not to linger, or breathe in the scent of her.

He leaned back, giving her a smile. "Well then. Let's do that, someday. Me and Aly. You and whatever prince, literal or figurative, that you've found. It sounds wonderful."

Looking daunted, Niall let out a breath. "Right. I'll admit that whenever I've thought about that, it was in an abstract way. Some faceless future generation." He laughed softly. "Not that I don't want children someday, but it's a little early for me to be thinking about it, surely."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Lyseil chuckled, and her eyes closed as she felt the gentle kiss on her forehead. "I'm not a leader like you are, Niall. Being optimistic and making others feel that way isn't the same as leading people successfully - taking responsibility for them all, and making the right decisions." She looked back up at him.

"You, Aly, me, and whoever I might end up with," she said with a smirk. There were some ideas, but she'd see how that went first.

"I'm sure your parents think differently; that they need grand children as soon as possible, hm?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Niall shrugged. "I know. But still. Don't underestimate yourself, or the good effect that you have on others. I think you do, sometimes." His lips quirked. "Any time you like, I'll remind you."

Chuckling softly, Niall shook his head. "Oh, yes. They did try to arrange my marriage when I was five, after all." His head bowed ever so slightly. "But... since Rayne passed, they've been a bit more distant. I don't know. I worry about them..." He sighed. "After this is over, I have several important talks scheduled. One of those is definitely with them."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:50 pm

"Hmm... give them my best if I'm not on Alderaan when you do. And my condolances." She was pretty sure that her mother had made sure to send condolances when the news became public back home, but... she still felt awful for not knowing about this until somewhat recently. Rayne had been her friend, and she hadn't even known she had died, because she'd been busy with her own things.

"I wish I knew what to say to you, to help things get better with them, Niall..." her voice was quiet and thoughtful. "Losing a child must be a terrible thing."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:08 pm

"I will. I promise." Niall said softly.

Beside her, Lyseil would feel Niall stiffen. "Yes. I can't quite imagine. It was hard enough on me. A difficult feeling to describe, if you haven't gone through it." He shot her a quick curious glance before going on; had she lost anyone close? "I was home, undergoing physical therapy; my heart and lungs weren't quite fully healed, yet. I remember when the comm-call came in. I heard their voices, and I could tell something was wrong. I went to go see..." His jaw tightened. "I'll never forget their eyes..." Down at his sides, his hands clenched.

He turned his head, looking at Lyseil. "Do you think..." He bit his lip. "Would you come see them? When I'm there, of course. I think it would mean a great deal to them to talk to one of Rayne's friends. It meant a great deal to me."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:26 pm

She had never lost someone so close to her like that. Not in quite the same way. One of her grandmothers passed away when the Sith invaded, but she was too young to really have much memory of that, and her grandfather later... he was old, so it was different. At least she felt so. It feels different when someone comes to a natural conclusion of their life, compared to Rayne who was killed by a stray blaster bolt.

Lyseil straightened and put both her arms around Niall to draw him in for a hug.

"Of course, Niall. I'd love to visit them too." She wondered if she'd bring some of the things and pictures she had from when she and Rayne were younger. "If you think it will be good for them, I'd be more than happy to do so."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Niall hesitated only a moment before relaxing into the hug. His arms went around her, holding her tight; the feelings had snuck up on him, and he hadn't realized just how much he needed this. He took a deep breath, steadying himself. "Thank you, Lyseil." He murmured softly.

Gently, he disengaged, although not far; he still left his arm around her shoulders. "I do. It's difficult to explain. But somehow, talking to someone else who knew her, it makes her feel closer. Like part of her is still here." He shook his head. It wasn't easy to explain.

He managed to give her a wan smile. "So... what about you? I know we've talked about plans for after the war, but things can change so quickly. Sabine is mustering out, for instance. Wants to learn more about her heritage."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:53 pm

"I think I can understand the sentiment... even if I've not really gone through that myself. I mean, I remember my grandfather passing away some years ago, but... he was old, in poor health and had been for some time. So it kind of felt like a natural conclusion when I look back at it now." She sighed, but gave him a reassuring smile. "Maybe I'll bring some mementos from when Rayne and I were younger. If you think they'd appriciate it."

Though she worried a little too that the loss of Rayne would just seem all the more real when she'd be with them. Here on Bankor, Lyseil realised it hadn't yet sunk in completely. It still seemed like something far away.

"I've been giving it some more thought," she nodded thoughtfully. "I'm glad Sabine is returning to her roots - so to speak. She'll fit right in, I think." At least it fit her image of most Mandalorians.

"I think I'll want to see what I can do to stop this from happening again - and make sure that the Mandalorians who fought for the liberation of Bankor aren't just lumped in with the Kryze, or forgotten as just mere guns for hire. They've proven their mettle, more than that even, I think the Republic needs to extend a hand of friendship to them, and start respecting them. That way, perhaps the Mandalorians can be our friends, rather than our enemies." A pensive frown replaced her usual frown. "And I'm concerned about all what Z told Keilynn Rodarch - I don't like the sound of the Mandalorians being manipulated for someone else's gain. The Republic should approach them on common ground with the respect, not as masters, manipulators, or with just job-offers."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:06 pm

"I think they would. And I would, too." Niall sighed. "I wish I'd thought of it earlier; I actually have a picture of us when we were younger. Her, me, Aly and Arsele. We were all so young then. It's in my room on the ship now." He hadn't remembered to show her the other night; the last one they spent as a couple. "Remind me, and I'll show it to you before the task force disbands."

Niall chuckled. "I have faith in the sergeant to do whatever she puts her mind to. I think she doesn't realize quite how good of a leader she can be." It seemed it was a habit of Niall, to have faith in his friends to be their best. "I just hope she finds what she's looking for."

"Yes..." Niall acknowledged, his expression thoughtful. He was silent for a few moments. "I started the Mandalorian Irregulars with the idea of introducing the Mandalorians to the Republic way of life. Seeing if they could adapt, so to speak. And they've done well, but it would be foolish to think that they'd all be interested in it. And the dangers of what you're talking about are very real. Perhaps you're right. The Mandalorians who helped us can be approached as another state. Hopefully an allied one."

He raised his eyebrows. "The particulars of how to do that, though, sound challenging."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 pm

"I'd love to see it," she chuckled encouragingly. It seemed to be putting Niall in a better mood.

"It will be a challenge, but I'm willing to see what I can do to make it happen. The Irregulars was a good start, and I think the members of the Crusader's Schism could be approachable too. So I'll work from there, and see what's possible. Maybe others will be interested too, like Sabine," Lyseil was hopeful at least!

"And well, I still need to finish my degree. Become Doctor Panteer."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:43 pm

"I have every faith in you." Niall said, both playfully and entirely truthfully. Although, perhaps he should see how Aly responded to the message Lyseil had sent before he put too much faith in her ability to bridge gaps... Niall cleared his throat. "Sabine would be a good place to start. After all, she's Mandalorian, but she grew up in the Republic. And she's a leader, even if she doesn't believe it yet. She's exactly the sort of person you want on this."

The reminder of her eventual title made Niall smile. "Ah yes. Doctor Panteer. Believe me, I haven't forgotten that." He pursed his lips. "It's funny to think how many of my closest friends aren't even in the military at all. There must be a lesson to be learned from that."

He shook his head. "Does that mean that after Alderaan, and perhaps talking to the Mandalorians, you'll be off to who knows where? Some planet I've never heard of? Possibly covered with sand?" His lips twisted in mild distaste.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 pm

"I'll make a note to speak with her about it before we go our seperate ways," Lyseil nodded with great enthusiasm!

At the mention of her future adventures, she grinned, partially with embarassement. "Hm... maybe? We'll see. It's hard to pick up work like that again after all this time away. Especially in a desert. Who knows? Maybe I'll find an ancient temple or something in a jungle-palace!" It would be nice if her work could be more like what she saw in the Han Kaine movies.

"And you? Surely you have more plans than just politics, rebuilding, and your love-life?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:17 pm

"Ooh." Niall said, grinning. "An ancient temple in a jungle palace. I rather like the sound of that." He rubbed his hand along her back again, pressing firmly. "If you do, take lots of pictures. I wouldn't mind having a little taste of your adventure, wherever you go."

Niall laughed softly. "Sure I do. Rebuilding my love life." The joke was almost entirely without bitterness or anxiety; Lyseil's attempts to cheer him had been working. "But really, isn't that enough? A little time on Alderaan, and then on to the next project. And from there, to the one after that. What else do you think I might have planned?"

A soft sigh escaped Niall's lips. "I hope it's not too much to hope for a longer period of peace this time. Two years without having to fight in a war doesn't seem like quite enough."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 pm

"Sure, I'll get some pictures for you. You could stand some adventure that isn't on the battlefield, after all," Lyseil grinned, nudging him once more.

His words did make her nod thoughtfully, instead of retorting with a joke. "Hmm... peace would be nice. Real peace. I know you say I could be a leader, but I don't think I'll want to return to military-service after this. While I'm glad to have helped people... war is not for me."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 am

Niall's smile became a bit rueful, although he chuckled as Lyseil nudged him. "I probably could." He admitted. "Exploring has always been in that nebulous category of something I'd like to do when I have more time. Only I never have more time." He sighed. "I suppose I'll just have to vicariously experience your adventures, then."

Sighing again, Niall nodded, his hand still giving her back a friendly rub. "I quite understand. And I don't blame you, not in the least." He chewed his lip for a moment. "I had a talk with Sabine, way back towards the start of our involvement here. We talked about how some people can spend all their lives as soldiers, and be happy. Others... can't. It uses up too much of them. And that's okay. Some fight, so that others don't have to."

He let his arm settle around her shoulder. "You and I are more in the latter group." He said, looking out over the ocean. "We do our part, but ultimately, we're not soldiers. We like peace too much."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:32 am

"Mm, liking peace too much is probably an insult to some Mandalorians, I'd wager." Like the Kryze they had been fighting all this time. "Liking peace more is something more people should do. Or rather, more of the right people - the ones with the power to make war a thing."

She gave an uncertain shrug. "Who knows, maybe there are Sith who prefer peace rather than fighting. But we can worry about those later. We have the 'peace treaty' for now... the Mandalorians are a more pressing concern, as this isn't the first time we've been at odds. I want peace and diplomacy to have a proper chance there, especially now with the Irregulars and the Crusaders."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:05 am

"Perhaps." Niall said. "Pacifism is not accepted, to be sure. Every Mandalorian is expected to know how to defend themselves. But even Jedi are allowed to fight in self-defense, or in the defense of others. Perhaps peace is something they can accept as something that doesn't violate their code, so long as they're ready for peace to fail."

Gently, Niall shook his head. "Back at Nar Shaddaa, I spoke with several Sith. Some of them were outright hostile. Some of them were willing to work with us. But even the most reasonable of them all said the same thing: peace is a lie. I worry about how long the treaty that was established there can last."

He sighed. "So perhaps its best to focus on those peaces that can be made lasting. The Irregulars, the Crusaders..." His lips quirked. "Perhaps the next time the Empire comes around, the Republic and all of our friends can just collectively tell them "no". And they'll go home. Wouldn't that be a thing to see."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 am

"That would be quite a thing to see," she grinned with enthusiasm.

"'Peace is a lie'... that's such a sily thing to say. By the logic of the first line in the Sith code - Peace is a lie, there's only passion - they're already ruling out anything else but passion if we're looking at it literally. But they then proceed to speak of strength, power, and freedom, so clearly there is more than just passion. And the absence of peace isn't passion," Lyseil shrugged. "Passion is the source of many things the Sith are infamously against; civil rights, abolition of slavery, peace even."

She smoothed out her hair again. "The Jedi code isn't perfect either, but it makes slightly more sense than the Sith one. Neither is supposed to be taken literally, of course. Even the Sith know that they benefit from peace - if they never had peace, they'd never have built an Empire to begin with, you know. The construction of society and infrastructure are more products of peaceful times than war times."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:54 am

Niall listened, his expression interested and alert as Lyseil spoke. "That's a very cogent argument against the Sith philosophy, Lyseil. Hmmm." He frowned as he considered; this was something he'd thought of before, but not for a while. "I've often thought of the Sith as a bit of a contradiction. That helps me put it into words. I've always wondered about how, as individually focused as they are, the first line is a response to someone else. They define their code in response to the Jedi. What would they be without them?" He shook his head.

He chewed his lip. "I wonder... perhaps the Sith approach peace the way the Jedi approach war? Meaning, as a last resort? I don't quite know. A lot of what they do doesn't make sense to me." His lips quirked. "I can say the same of the Jedi, but at least they're often enough to try explaining it to me when I ask."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:47 pm

"Maybe?" She shrugged again. "I'll ask one if we get one on speaking terms. Not that I think we'll have the chance though..."

Lyseil didn't trust the Sith to keep the peace. They had done such damage to the Republic, it didn't make sense for them to stop completely.

"Enough about such depressing topics though. Shall we get back to the party?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:46 am

Niall hesitated. His darkly pensive mood was mostly lifted, but it left him tired now. It was getting late. And he wasn't sure he wanted to go back.

On the other hand, Lyseil had cheered him up. And resisting the force of her enthusiasm was pretty much impossible.

Niall mustered a smile. "Sure. Why not. It wouldn't do for Captain Alderaan to leave early, would it?" He offered her his arm. "Shall we?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:55 am

She chuckled and gently took a hold of his offered arm. "We don't have to rush back if you still need a few more moments, you know. We can always walk really-really slow?" Lyseil suggested, feeling he seemed a little hesitant still.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:09 am

After a moment, Niall shook his head. "No. You're right. I should be making a good show of it. It's expected. And it's not as though I hesitated when Mandalorians boarded the Valiant Star. Why hesitate now?"

Taking a deep breath, Niall's weight shifted, but then he hesitated. He turned his head, looking at Lyseil. "Lyseil..." He gave her a slow smile, his eyes briefly closing. "Thank you for reminding me that everything's going to be okay. It's like I said before. Everyone has their hard moments. They just need good friends to help them get through it." And, it seemed that after everything that had happened, that was what they were now. Good friends.

Once she was ready, they would walk together back to the party.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:19 am

Lyseil lifted her head as she looked up at Niall, smiling softly in return as she squeezed his arm a little closer. "It's the magic words, you know?" she chuckled. "Mother taught me that, actually. When things look tough, just calm down and remind yourself that everything is going to be ok."

She breathed in deeply, and exhaled slowly as she parted her lips. "Right. Let's get back to those celebrations! I'll play something you'd like to hear on the violin!"

There was no stopping the exuberance that was Lyseil Panteer.

/scene!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Previous
Forum Statistics