A vast region of the northern half of the continent with trees approaching a kilometer in height with high plateaus creating islands in the sea of green forests.

Re: Sortie [Day 7, Early Evening]

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:06 am

[Negating any potential Damage to Crew, Chase and T7-B8 is paramount. Then beyond that since flying won't be an option, keeping the ship in condition enough that things can be recovered/repaired later?]
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 am

Chase is able to land the ship… well get it to the ground but the damage is pretty extensive, more importantly the droid won’t be rolling out of here but his core processor and functions can be salvaged. The chassis is beyond repair but miraculously the core systems survived mostly intact as long as they are moved to another body.

The communication line goes live with her wing mate's voice, “Chase… Chase, talk to me, ma’am!”

OOC: Crew survives but Despair used for destroying T7-B8 chassis, and second Despair for Spitfire to be non-functional.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:20 am

Battered, but whole, Chase pries herself from the ship first and foremost. Hopping down she runs her hand along it as s means of guidance as she checks to make sure the thing wasn't about to explode on her and only letting the sigh of relief out when she found safety from that concern.

"T.. you there bud?" Chase said, but she didn't receive and immediate response. Worry set in, but first is first, "I.. I'm here, I'm whole, be more concerned of yourself though what happened to that ship?" chase radioed through her connection via helmet interface as she continued to observe the extent of the damage. Moving to where T7-B8 was slotted in her craft.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Naya Qyen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:23 am

“I broke off to follow you down, well until you went into the trees. Looks like it continued on and went under the tree line in the area the locals call the Blight. We lost it for now,” she responded.

OOC: The droid has lights but they are dim and cannot make noise but a cursory check shows the core systems are whole. Just the chassis is done.
Redshirt | Human | Republic | Pilot
Naya Qyen

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:31 am

"I don't.." Chase brought a hand to her head when she tried to recall what happened, make sense of it. "I don't know what happened but command needs to be made aware."

Kneeling to get a bit close to him Chase worked at the ship, seeing what she could manage and what she couldn't. Getting those signs of life, "Buddy.. ride or die together right? Hang in there with me," she said, dragging a hand over the dimmed lights from her companion of years.

Pushing herself to her feet again she gave a cursory sweep of her area, checking for signs of danger and general location.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 am

There were no immediate dangers and from what she could see the ground was actually just more trees, and the actual ground was maybe another two to three hundred meters below. Lots of vines and branches were tangled on her craft.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:44 am

"In all of the galaxy I've never.." Chase looked down, almost loathe to set her feet down on the tree tops again. "Uh.. Qyen, you still there? Tell me they're sending an evac as soon as they can? I'm.." she glanced over at the tops of the trees, sturdy as they were they were still just the tops of trees, "I'm not quite liking where I'm sitting all that much."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Naya Qyen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:12 am

"Alerted Command as soon as you started going down, they should be here in twenty," she replied over the line.

"I won't leave till they get here."
Naya Qyen

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:33 am

"No, Qyen, you get outta here," Chase transferred as she worked her way onto a spot of her ship where she could keep an eye out but also sit as comfortably as possibly. "You can't help me down here if I needed it and if that ship comes back around I'm not risking you alone up there. We don't need losing two ships here today."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Naya Qyen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:19 am

"You're breaking up ma'am... until I get a stable signal, I am going to maintain a holding pattern," she responded.
Naya Qyen

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:22 am

"Kriffen.." Chase said to herself, just about to kick her ship before she remembered where she was. Stopping the heel of her boot right before it. Bit more gently she moved back around to the cockpit, seeing if there was some way to boost her signal or clear the garbage from it. Meanwhile, she repeated her earlier message for Qyen to fall back in case any one transmission might go through.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Naya Qyen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 am

Fifteen minutes pass and the EVAC team arrived. Naya messaged, “Look at that, communications are back, heading back to base now that you have support, over and out, Ma’am.”
Naya Qyen

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:29 am

"Damnit Qyen," Chase said, mostly to herself and mostly cause she felt a bit foolish after that. Still... couldn't hold it against the girl too much, she'd have done the same thing. "You just get yourself home safe now or you'll never hear the end of it."
Info - Theme
Chase

Previous
Forum Statistics