Rowdy Zabrak dominated cantina in downtown Uthan Mil.

Re: Libertine (Day 2 early night)

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 pm

The current bartender said, "What are you drinking, stranger?"
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Business concluded, and delivery planned Zanebry made his way back up stairs. It'd gone well enough, he'd gotten more then he wanted for the liquor, and maybe a few contacts.

A satisfying bit of business. Rounding the bar, he made his way back to his drink, nodding a greeting to the new comer.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:41 pm

"Yocola!" crowed Aran, street-Huttese for simply "drink," in this context communicating to the bartender "please, sir, I am more interested in the high alcoholic content of my purchase than brand, flavor, or purity."

Uza acquired and his reckless-youth bonafides established to the crowd, he sidled up to the scarred Mandalorian he had seen around the base. His body language is totally different from his normal stately walk in flowing robes, communicating less "I am at one with the universe" and more "I am about to run a con" or maybe "I am going to pick a fight." Leaning in to Filo, he smirks, and talks almost inaudibly quiet given the racket of the band.

"Greetings, friend Mandalorian. I know you may not recognize me, but I am Padawan Aran of the Jedi order, with the strike force." He slapped the bar and laughed as if he had just said something funny, then leaned in again, his voice comically serious given his age and getup. "I have gone undercover to determine if the Kryze have any connections to the local underworld, or if there is anything else to be known that might aid the liberation of this world. Have you seen anything tonight?" He looked over as if appreciating the band, his ear towards Filo.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:31 am

The new comer was a odd sight, and Z couldn't help but shake his head. Whatever the fellow might be after it really wasn't any interest to him, though the Mandolorian seemed to be in for some hijinks of one kind or another. Settling into his seat he took a small sip of the Uza. It wasn't exactly too his liking, but at least it would get the job done.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Filo Ordo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:49 am

Filo looked over to Aran with a slight grunt.

"Name's Filo. I'm just here for the Uza."

He gave the padawan a look up and down, before continuing.

"I suspect you should check with the man keeping the bar. The only thing I've seen is combat. My dance partners yielded no answers."
Mandalorian | Human | Scarred | Vanguard | Ritual Combatant | Distant
Gear: Blaster Rifle, Military Pouch, Stimpacks.
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Filo Ordo

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:35 am

Aran gave a subtle nod, as if to the beat. "Your cousins' footwork is like this band's music -- skillful but savage. I'm glad you're around, in case a dance breaks out." He had watched Zanebry come out of the back room, his hat highly recognizable. "I'll leave you to your Uza, and see you at the base." Assuming Filo had nothing more to say, he threw up his hands and made a disgusted noise, as if rejected in business, and strode over towards Zanebry's table. "Whatever, footoo. This guy, now this guy looks like he knows a bargain when he hears one..." He sat down and leaned over his drink, and began again. "Greetings, friend. I know you may not recognize me, but I am Padawan Aran of the Jedi order..."

"... have you seen anything?" he finishes, his delivery as serious as the first time, and as mismatched with his smug expression. "I will not intrude on your personal business if that is what brings you here tonight, but it looks like you have perhaps begun an acquaintance."
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Filo Ordo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:50 am

Filo scowls at the departing padawan, making no attempt to delay or stop him, but also trying to keep an eye on the crowd.

He didn't expect trouble, but then, trouble was truly rarely expected.
Mandalorian | Human | Scarred | Vanguard | Ritual Combatant | Distant
Gear: Blaster Rifle, Military Pouch, Stimpacks.
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Filo Ordo

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:27 am

Zanebry looked at the padawan for a moment, before reaching into his vest and removing a back of cigarettes, he'd take a moment to place one in his mouth and light it before he responded. "That depends." He offered after a moment. "What kind of information are you looking for, and how much are you willing to pay."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 am

Aran's smirk turned in to a grin. "Now we're business!," he declared to the bar. "Let me get you a drink." He got up, got another Uza, and put in down in front of Zanebry along with his change -- ten credits.

"I am afraid that is all my money," he said apologetically, his voice again pitched not to carry. "Jedi have little use for such things." He pretended to sip his drink, and let a truly confused frown show on his face. Lots of things baffled reckless youths -- exercising self-control, planning for the future, their own mortality -- so it was hardly out of his character to anyone watching. "I had thought that you were traveling with the Republic forces because you wished to aid their cause? The Kryze will use any tool to defeat us, and mercenaries already have ties to the underworld."
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:15 am

He should of expected that from the Jedi, giving a cursory glance at the change on the table, Zanebry shook his head. "So Padawan Aran, out of curiosity. What exactly do you think I was doing in the back room?" He asked, as he took a drag of the cigarette, exhaling the smoke a moment later. He wasn't talking loudly, but really wasn't making an effort to be quiet either.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Aran picked up one of the rejected credit chits and started rolling it around his knuckles, slouching with his other arm back over his chair. He rolled it to the right. "You could have been on the same path as I, and slightly ahead." he rolled it to the left. "Or you are here for your own profit." He rolled it back, stopped it between his middle and ring fingers. "Or somewhere in between?" He was looking away from the other man, across the bar at the band, but the focus of his attention was as clear to Zanebry as if he had been staring at him.
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:04 pm

"It can't be the first, Aran" Zane replied with a shake of his head. "I mean sure we're in the same place, at the same time, but you're asking all the wrong questions."

"And anyways." He looked around the establishment. "You're in the wrong bar to find what you want."

"Which I assume is people supporting the Manfolorians?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:11 am

Aran looked directly at Zane, the front of his face coming into line with the sense of his attention, and shook his head. "The Force brings together all the strands of the universe," he said, speaking like a monk debating points of doctrine, rather than a street punk on a hustle. "Not every chance meeting is fated, but some will be. And I do not believe it is impossible you are here seeking to aid the liberation of Bankor, or to protect the strike force from threats that Commander Malcom would not see." He glanced at the band, and back at Zanebry. "You may be right, however, about this bar. I doubt Skaz and the Nerfs would play for an audience of quislings." He leaned forward again, carefully replacing the credit chit in the pile, and then folded his hands in his lap in a habitual way that gave the sense they would be tucked in the sleeves of a robe, if he was wearing one.

"If my current operating funds will not win over a soldier of fortune, I would appeal to you as -- a fellow soldier, seeking the aid of a veteran, in keeping watch on the shadows that surround the camp." No longer faux-casual, he sat eerily intent and still, staring at the man across the table, through the cloud of smoke.

Try to use the force to determine the motives of this mysterious man: 1eF 1 Dark Side

Zanebry was enigmatic enough for Aran to use the Force to try and Sense his feelings, but not enough to have him flip a Destiny point and take conflict, so, he muddles onward.
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:43 am

Zane had to shake his head. "You're pretty odd fellow you know." He said with a light laugh. "No offense intended." Odd could be a good thing after all.

"But you know what, I'll do you a favor. I'll keep an eye open for any such threats. Not saying I'll find any though. " He was already doing it anyways, so it couldn't hurt. "Maybe I'll even teach you enough so you don't stand out like a sore thumb when you enter one of these places. I owe at least that much to a old friend of mine."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Aran ducked his head in a subtle bow. "With respect, Captain Varliss, this is not my first choppa chowa." He left out that it was, by the fairest count, his second. "Not all of us are able to look so..." he rubbed his hairless chin and cheeks as if stroking a beard to match Zane's, "experienced. Failing that, I have found that if you appear a fool, you will be less noted and more freely spoken in front of."

"I appreciate your offer of aid. Since I cannot give you credits..." he collected his change, "I will offer you instead my thanks, and place my self in your debt, since favors are a currency often of value in places such as these." He looked around. "If there is nothing of immediate note to share, I will leave you to your Uza. There may be little here, but having made the trip at some cost..." he brushed some dust of the demolished building he had fallen off getting here from his shoulder, the move transitioning him back to his cocky persona, "I'm gonna see if I can find out bu doompa."
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 pm

"That's what I was trying to get across to you Aran." Zane offered with a amused smile. "You're over acting. you don't come off as a fool, but someone that it's here purposefully acting like a fool. " He picked up his cup to bring it to his lips. "Which gets you noticed, and not by the type of people you want to get noticed by." There was a small pause a he looked the man over. "You need a disguise that's more natural to you. Or that's my opinion."

This was followed by a shake of his head. "You don't want to be in my debt, heck you don't want to be in the debt of anyone you meet in a place like that." Zane gave the young man a serious look. "They will ask you things that will go against the tenets of your order, and you might even find yourself doing them." Zane paused thoughtfully, he likely needed to give the kid something. It had to be something that wouldn't get him into much trouble though.

"There is a ship in the Hangar, called the Turtle. They've worked closely with the Imperials in the past. If you can find out the current crew manifest, maybe their goals here, It could be of some help." He looked the youth over, Craw might not be the nicest guy, but he wasn't likely to kill the young man. "There might be more things I can feed you in the future. But we'll see."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:37 am

Aran kept his fake cocky smirk, but ducked his head in acknowledgment of Zane's point about his choice of cover, and offering favors. He had, after all, come in for plenty of criticism about being overly enthusiastic about his efforts at undercover work before.

"The Turtle... the one that was nearly destroyed breaking the blockade?" Aran said, his brow furrowing slightly. "That would be a... very foolish way to try and avoid suspicion." He placed both hands on the table decisively. "Still, I will do as you suggest. Thank you." He stood. "For now, I will see if I can find anything out about the underworld at this Rygor. It will be good to know the territory before we set foot there." With a brief pause to see if Zane has anything more to say, he curses in Huttese and stalks off to find someone else to talk to over the crashing music...

Streetwizened in the Catina, /w destiny, but not accidentally rolling all Y instead of 2y/2g: 2eP+2eA+1eB+3eD 4 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hard with a setback, setback removed with talent, boost from advantage on Sneak, Destiny. Trying to make contacts/lay groundwork for Rygor, hoping to find Kryze infiltration of the underworld. Spend successes in that direction. Maybe any successes that can't/shouldn't go in that direction happen to find a hot tip I can pass on to Zane? That sounds more like an advantage thing, though.

I have plenty of ideas for the threat, if you need any help being evil. :P
Aran Enfas

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:41 am

OOC: Aran has made contact they will meet him at a farmhouse, come alone, Day 3, in the evening or night slots outside of Late Evening.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:59 am

"They helped beat the blockade, one one tend to think that's a way to relieve suspicions." Zane replied with a shake of his head. "I'm the type to double check everything though, can never be too cautious." Lack of caution tended to get you killed.

He'd smirk as the kid moved away. Still he'd try and keep up with him, it was likely Aran would stumble into some sort of trouble if left to his own devices after all. Something about the kid just screamed that much.

Trying to keep appraised of what kind of trouble Aran might be getting into. ??? Difficulty. Perception or streetwise, same pool: 1eP+3eA 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Difficulty to figure out what Aran is in to: 3eD+1eC 3 failures, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImage

1 success, 2 threat.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:12 am

OOC: He can glean there is meeting, he is probably meeting someone shady... almost certainly a dangerous quantity and the description seemed similar to the woman he had crossed paths. But wires got crossed and he beleives the meeting is going down at a hidden cave on the beach.
Dapper Dog

Previous
Forum Statistics